Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   CA Declares State of Fiscal Emergency... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17438)

101lifts2 12-09-2010 12:30 AM

CA Declares State of Fiscal Emergency...

Still a 19 billion shortfall with no way to pay after 1/1/11.....fuckin liberals...

http://nation.foxnews.com/california...tate-emergency

Schwarzenegger Declares Fiscal State of Emergency

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger declared a state of emergency over the state's finances on Wednesday, raising pressure on lawmakers to negotiate a state budget that is more than a month overdue and will need to close a $19 billion shortfall.

The deficit is 22 percent of the $85 billion general fund budget the governor signed last July for the fiscal year that ended in June, highlighting how the steep drop in California's revenue due to recession, the housing slump, financial market turmoil and high unemployment have slashed its all-important personal income tax collection.

In the declaration, Schwarzenegger ordered three days off without pay per month beginning in August for tens of thousands of state employees to preserve the state's cash to pay its debt, and for essential services.

Hydrant 12-09-2010 08:00 AM

Answer.

One big ass earthquake.

Problem solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 430947)
Still a 19 billion shortfall with no way to pay after 1/1/11.....fuckin liberals...

HAHAHAHA.

Yeah, the Liberals did it.

OneSickPsycho 12-09-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 430985)
HAHAHAHA.

Yeah, the Liberals did it.

Who did?

KSGregman 12-09-2010 09:23 AM

LEARN TO SWIM!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCEeAn6_QJo

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 430994)
Who did?

I can't say I know enough about California politics to provide you with a detailed answer, I live in NJ (not that I'm that up on Jersey politics)...but I know enough to tell you that the financial crisis that California faces is complex, and can't be blamed on any one group.

101 is like the fucktard in every group that's the first to yell "WITCH!!" only his witch is "liberals".

It's like a reflex. It's pretty funny. He's not the sharpest cat out there, so you gotta wonder...who programmed this guy? He goes off rather predictably, and it seems to be a reflex.

Who programmed you, 101? Is your dad Rush Limbaugh or something?

Dave 12-09-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431018)
I can't say I know enough about California politics to provide you with a detailed answer, I live in NJ (not that I'm that up on Jersey politics)...but I know enough to tell you that the financial crisis that California faces is complex, and can't be blamed on any one group.

101 is like the fucktard in every group that's the first to yell "WITCH!!" only his witch is "liberals".

It's like a reflex. It's pretty funny. He's not the sharpest cat out there, so you gotta wonder...who programmed this guy? He goes off rather predictably, and it seems to be a reflex.

Amusing when the only reason we aren't in the same dire straights is a guy with an r next to his name. :lol:

Christie isn't saving us from anything. The moves he's making now will be crippling this state in the years to come.

I'm moving, dude. Jersey is a shithole anymore (politically, and economically), and fattie boy's only making it suck harder.

He's a serious fuckup. Wait and see what his moves bring.

What everyone here in Short Attention Span Theater seems to miss is that the majority of what these idiots do often doesn't become apparent until years after they've been voted out (and they're usually voted out rather angrily over something that essentially was caused by their predecessor, ironically enough).

I love politics.

OneSickPsycho 12-09-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431022)
What everyone here in Short Attention Span Theater seems to miss is that the majority of what these idiots do often doesn't become apparent until years after they've been voted out (and they're usually voted out rather angrily over something that essentially was caused by their predecessor, ironically enough).

I love politics.

Sorta like Bush...

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 431027)
Sorta like Bush...

Yeah geez...perfect example; we'll be paying for his mistakes post-facto for the next 100 years.

Talk about legacy...

KSGregman 12-09-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Avatard is like the fucktard in every group that's the first to yell "WITCH!!" only his witch is "conservatives".

Who programmed you, Avatard? Is your dad Bill Maher or something?

You are quick to point the finger when with just a few word changes a PERFECT description of yourself emerges.

Just saying....

Nah man, that's not fair. I don't do that.

I blame shit on Conservatives that they do outright. I regularly point them out here, and even provide links. I don't ever need to be "reaching".

I don't ascribe all ills to them, like a crazed guy on a witch hunt...that's 101, not me.

Nice try.

goof2 12-09-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

And this is different from your reflex to blame Bush/The GOP/Republicans for anything and everything how? You say California's financial crisis is too complex to blame on one group, yet America's financial crisis is simple enough to lay blame? Who programmed you, Avatard? Is your dad Keith Olbermann or something?:lol:

Your timing is off. Scroll up.

goof2 12-09-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431033)
Your timing is off. Scroll up.

It takes me some time to type. Replys happened in the interim.:shrug:

OneSickPsycho 12-09-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 431027)
Sorta like Bush...

My point...

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSGregman (Post 431030)
You are quick to point the finger when with just a few word changes a PERFECT description of yourself emerges.

Just saying....

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 431032)
And this is different from your reflex to blame Bush/The GOP/Republicans for anything and everything how? You say California's financial crisis is too complex to blame on one group, yet America's financial crisis is simple enough to lay blame? Who programmed you, Avatard? Is your dad Keith Olbermann or something?:lol:

"You are all sheep, you are all stupid, you are all blah blah blah..." Look in the mirror every once in a while, you may be surprised at what you see...

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 431032)
You say California's financial crisis is too complex to blame on one group, yet America's financial crisis is simple enough to lay blame?

Actually, looking back historically to where the worst moves were made politically which allowed the latest financial meltdown (and a number of other economic stumbling blocks) to occur (and for that matter historically some of the worst legislation in hindsight) seems to have occurred on the Republican's watch.

The irony here is that a return to a true Republican platform is actually far closer to a Libertarian one, one that I personally favor.

It's just that the Republicans say one thing, and do another.

All politicians are hypocrites. However, the Republicans for a while now have made it into a true fucking art form.

Dave 12-09-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431021)
Christie isn't saving us from anything. The moves he's making now will be crippling this state in the years to come.

I'm moving, dude. Jersey is a shithole anymore (politically, and economically), and fattie boy's only making it suck harder.

He's a serious fuckup. Wait and see what his moves bring.

:lmao:

KSGregman 12-09-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431039)
Actually, looking back historically to where the worst moves were made politically which allowed the latest financial meltdown (and a number of other economic stumbling blocks) to occur (and for that matter historically some of the worst legislation in hindsight) seems to have occurred on the Republican's watch.

I would argue that the true origin of the problem was the Housing and Community Development Act....introduced by Henry Reuss, a democrat from Wisconsin, and signed into law by President Jimmy Carter....also a democrat.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...:@@@L&summ2=m&

Ok, I think I know what part of that you have a problem with, and I think I understand why...but do tell me, as I think I may have an answer (or, I could be completely wrong).

goof2 12-09-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431039)

The irony here is that a return to a true Republican platform is actually far closer to a Libertarian one, one that I personally favor.

It's just that the Republicans say one thing, and do another.

All politicians are hypocrites. However, the Republicans for a while now have made it into a true fucking art form.

The worst moves that allowed the latest financial meltdown to occue were in real estate, and more specifically within Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the FHA. Those conditions have been in place for decades. Bush talked about reforming them in 2003 and 2005, but nothing ever came of it. In the debate about it in 2003 Barney Frank most famously stated "these two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis". You can read more about Frank's specific involvement below, but I doubt it will make a difference.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...ancial_fiasco/

101lifts2 12-09-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

You can say what you want...but you do not live in this state...nor understand the type of people who run it. When you are taxed on everything, but the state is still broke, you wonder why.

The entire CA legislation is liberal, who constantly keeps giving more and more to teachers, cops, fireman unions, every other pet peeve project that comes along and most of all illegals get everything they want. They make the budget each year and every year it goes way over. And the worst part? They don't get it nor will they change. Imagine an entire legislation full of Nancy Pelosi's where money grows on trees. It's fucking pathetic.

They control the money and taxation, so they are to blame. This also just didn't start after the recession, it was a long time in the making.

Look at Texas, who predominately has conservatives in power. Don't see them as broke...and we have more industry here in CA then in TX.

Particle Man 12-09-2010 09:28 PM

Someone needs to take a close freaking look at all the programs that pay out stupid amounts of money in that state and all the money that gets spent on legislation.

People in CA want that shit? Make 'em pay for it.

101lifts2 12-10-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 431241)
Someone needs to take a close freaking look at all the programs that pay out stupid amounts of money in that state and all the money that gets spent on legislation.

People in CA want that shit? Make 'em pay for it.

One example of this crap is illegals recieving 300 bucks a month for every kid from the county based upon some min. income level. They didn't have to prove citizenship or have a SS number for either the father or mother. So...they would have 7 kids and pack them in a 1 or 2 bed apartment. Then the father would work under the table and pay -0- taxes on the welfare and zero taxes on the money under the table. I couldn't believe that the counties would pay for this over and over and over again.

I don't even wanna get into the abused food stamps.

When you keep giving to these people, you keep getting their vote. And the cycle continues.....a liberal legislation and govenor.

OneSickPsycho 12-10-2010 09:24 AM

Well, the Hollywood types seem to be very much in favor of higher taxes for the wealthy... Why not a 25% increase on any income over $2mil or something?

You know, the Republicans spend my fucking grandchildren's money (MANY Billions) on totally invented wars against countries that never attacked us, and then they whine about paying mere pennies (by comparison) to Mexicans and Blacks on public assistance - it's just a ploy, a misdirection, (it's racist) and it's old.

Also, there's more white people on assistance, if I'm not mistaken, so the Republicans can put away their white pointy hats, and give that fucking tune a rest anyway.

The Republican strategy is blame the poor.

Not really a surprise when you're the party of the rich (and the stupid poor who think the Republicans care about abortion and gays, and Jeebus).

OneSickPsycho 12-10-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431374)
You know, the Republicans spend my fucking grandchildren's money (MANY Billions) on totally invented wars against countries that never attacked us, and then they whine about paying mere pennies (by comparison) to Mexicans and Blacks on public assistance - it's just a ploy, a misdirection, (it's racist) and it's old.

Also, there's more white people on assistance, if I'm not mistaken, so the Republicans can put away their white pointy hats, and give that fucking tune a rest anyway.

Not really a surprise when you're the party of the rich (and the stupid poor who think the Republicans care about abortion and gays, and Jeebus).

So Republicans are responsible for California's money issues?

I said I didn't really know the politics of the state, were you here for that part?

Anyway, I have no worldly fucking idea, however, I know the track record...that said, I still suspect that California's problems are multi-faceted and there's probably no one group, person, entity, or political party you could ascribe primary blame to...but again, I'm not a scholar of their politics.

OneSickPsycho 12-10-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431378)
I said I didn't really know the politics of the state, were you here for that part?

Anyway, I have no worldly fucking idea, however, I know the track record...that said, I still suspect that California's problems are multi-faceted and there's probably no one group, person, entity, or political party you could ascribe primary blame to...but again, I'm not a scholar of their politics.

You seem to blame the Republicans for everything under the sun, but when it comes to a state that's been run by Democrats for the past 40 years it's "California's problems are multi-faceted and there's probably no one group, person, entity, or political party you could ascribe primary blame to..."

Interesting.

They just may be to blame, I can't really say. I don't know that much.

But, I'd just hazard to guess that a multi-cultural, major sea-port hub state, staffed in large part by migrant workers, and the center on much of the entire left coast's economic activity (and the center of the computer, music, and movie universes) might have unique economic needs and issues.

No?

Just sayin'

I don't think it's as simple as "blame the liberals" [101's knee-jerk catch-all]. That's absurd.

L8 Braker 12-10-2010 02:17 PM

Calii has been sinking for years under Democratic leadership...They're so dumb, they let Enron shut off their power for f sake...They have local leader so corrupt, they didn't e even notice their paychecks were in the hundreds of thousands of dollars...

They have an action star for a Gov, and just re-elected the abysmal Barbara Boxer...You think Florida is dumb?...Cali holds the patent on stupidity...They get what they deserve...

OneSickPsycho 12-10-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431396)

But, I'd just hazard to guess that a multi-cultural, major sea-port hub state, staffed in large part by migrant workers, and the center on much of the entire left coast's economic activity (and the center of the computer, music, and movie universe) might have unique economic needs and issues.

Let's be real... if CA was run by the Reps for the past 40 years you'd hammer them regardless of your level of understanding of their economics.

It's funny, in a lot of ways we think the same about some of this shit... the libertarian mindset... But for some reason you take every opportunity to bash the Reps, but largely give the Dems a pass. Here we are in a thread about a state who's leadership has been failing them for decades and regardless of the fact that it has been run by Dem's since 1970, you make excuses to give them some sort of pass (or at least are avoiding condeming them).

Seriously, I don't pretend to know a lot, or really much of anything about California politics, but this shit didn't happen over night and the people in charge have failed every step along the way... Regardless of what political system you subscribe to, you gotta be able to put the blame where it belongs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 431400)
Let's be real... if CA was run by the Reps for the past 40 years you'd hammer them regardless of your level of understanding of their economics.

It's funny, in a lot of ways we think the same about some of this shit... the libertarian mindset... But for some reason you take every opportunity to bash the Reps, but largely give the Dems a pass. Here we are in a thread about a state who's leadership has been failing them for decades and regardless of the fact that it has been run by Dem's since 1970, you make excuses to give them some sort of pass (or at least are avoiding condeming them).

Because at least they say what they're trying to do...they're not nearly the fucking hypocrites that the Republicans are. The fucking Republicans come on like they care about Jeebus, abortion, and gays, but that's just to get the poor stupid god-fearing folk on board.

The truth is, they're a bunch of rich fucking bankers (as proven by the current "hostage" situation). They say they're fiscally conservative, but then they spend like drunken sailors (spending the country's money, BTW, not theirs).

I wouldn't say I give Dems a pass. They don't exactly flip my fucking skirt up either, because, as you said yourself, I am more Libertarian leaning than anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 431400)
Seriously, I don't pretend to know a lot, or really much of anything about California politics, but this shit didn't happen over night and the people in charge have failed every step along the way... Regardless of what political system you subscribe to, you gotta be able to put the blame where it belongs.

Like I said, California is more than an island state...it is the hub and center of so much in this country, and to treat it like that doesn't factor into it (and the state's current situation, as perhaps is this country, in microcosm) is rather disingenuous.

Perhaps the Federal government needs to send more money their way, because the state is just so pivotal to this country's survival and operation...much like NYC, and the surrounding areas in the East.

Dave 12-10-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431425)
Because at least they say what they're trying to do...they're not nearly the fucking hypocrites that the Republicans are. The fucking Republicans come on like they care about Jeebus, abortion, and gays, but that's just to get the poor stupid god-fearing folk on board.

The truth is, they're a bunch of rich fucking bankers (as proven by the current "hostage" situation). They say they're fiscally conservative, but then they spend like drunken sailors (spending the country's money, BTW, not theirs).

I wouldn't say I give Dems a pass. They don't exactly flip my fucking skirt up either, because, as you said yourself, I am more Libertarian leaning than anything.

Like I said, California is more than an island state...it is the hub and center of so much in this country, and to treat it like that doesn't factor into it (and the state's current situation, as perhaps is this country, in microcosm) is rather disingenuous.

Perhaps the Federal government needs to send more money their way, because the state is just so pivotal to this country's survival and operation...much like NYC, and the surrounding areas in the East.

If any more of our money goes to that cesspit their votes and seats need to be stripped from Them and equally distributed among the more responsible 49 :2cents:

goof2 12-10-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 431435)
If any more of our money goes to that cesspit their votes and seats need to be stripped from Them and equally distributed among the more responsible 49 :2cents:

A lot of other states are in the midst of budget crises as well so I wouldn't label all the other 49 more responsible. California just gets the most hype because their deficit is, I believe, the largest.

Either way I think it is a bit funny Avatard is complaining on one hand about how Republicans spend money we don't have like drunken sailors, but on the other hand is advocating spending money we don't have on California because that state can't be responsible.:shrug:

I'm just saying that perhaps because of the scope of what California provides this country is so large, that perhaps its burdens have been greater, and the country may need to share in the effort. Think about all that California is the center of; computers, the movie AND music industries. A major west coast port and distribution center, as well as a huge agricultural industry. It also has a HUGE coastline, and a very high population density.

It is unique among states, and I would say that its problems in this downturn are probably understandably just as unique,

Can't blame one group, or one thing.

Dave 12-10-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 431437)
A lot of other states are in the midst of budget crises as well so I wouldn't label all the other 49 more responsible. California just gets the most hype because their deficit is, I believe, the largest.

Either way I think it is a bit funny Avatard is complaininnog on one hand about how Republicans spend money we don't have like drunken sailors, but on the other hand is advocating spending money we don't have on California because that state can't be responsible.:shrug:

True enough. Examples are rarely fair when made though.

And yep :lol:

Homeslice 12-10-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8 Braker (Post 431398)
Calii has been sinking for years under Democratic leadership...They're so dumb, they let Enron shut off their power for f sake...They have local leader so corrupt, they didn't e even notice their paychecks were in the hundreds of thousands of dollars...

They have an action star for a Gov, and just re-elected the abysmal Barbara Boxer...You think Florida is dumb?...Cali holds the patent on stupidity...They get what they deserve...

Cali leaders might be questionable, but in terms of the citizenry, you might want to compare educational stats between Cali and Floriduh....

L8 Braker 12-10-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 431445)
Cali leaders might be questionable

Might be?...Whose fault is it that they're in that hole?...THE LEADERS!

And who put those same people in time and time again?...The dumb people/voters of Cal-ee-forn-ee-ah...

Obviously, that great edumuhcation system isn't helping them make better decisions...

goof2 12-10-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431438)
I'm just saying that perhaps because of the scope of what California provides this country is so large, that perhaps its burdens have been greater, and the country may need to share in the effort. Think about all that California is the center of; computers, the movie AND music industries. A major west coast port and distribution center, as well as a huge agricultural industry. It also has a HUGE coastline, and a very high population density.

It is unique among states, and I would say that its problems in this downturn are probably understandably just as unique,

I get it, but California's problems have been in place long before this downturn. It was only back in 2003 that they had a $35+ billion budget crisis.

You can certainly believe what you want, but bou complain about Republicans spending like drunken sailors while ignoring the fact that Obama's deficits have been significantly larger, and this leads you to believe the Republicans are terrible. At the same time California's legislature has been spending like drunken sailors and this leads you to believe the federal government should give them more money we have to borrow from others.

You are also willing to cut California (and the greater NY metro area) slack because of its complexity, size, and diversity while ignoring that the entire country is significantly more complex, large, and diverse.

I understand what you are saying, but the position is still isn't sensible to me.:shrug:

Homeslice 12-10-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8 Braker (Post 431448)
Might be?...Whose fault is it that they're in that hole?...THE LEADERS!

And who put those same people in time and time again?...The dumb people/voters of Cal-ee-forn-ee-ah...

Obviously, that great edumuhcation system isn't helping them make better decisions...

Because voting for someone JUST for economic/budget reasons, is proof of intellgence. :skep:

I believe McCain would have probably been better for the budget, but I didn't vote for him for other reasons.

goof2 12-10-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 431445)
Cali leaders might be questionable, but in terms of the citizenry, you might want to compare educational stats between Cali and Floriduh....

Floriduh has higher average scores in all aspects and grade levels of the National Assessment of Educational Progress than California according to the U.S. Department of Education. Maybe that is due to California averaging over 25% more students per teacher than Floriduh does.

Comparing percentage of the population with high school diplomas, Floriduh is a not very good 34th with 85.9%, but California is even worse at 45th with 81.3% according to a report from the Census Bureau from 2004.

When talking about post-secondary education California does do better than Floriduh for both bachelors degrees (29.4% vs. 25.4%) and advanced degrees (10.4% vs. 9.1%), but which is more relevant when comparing the total citizenry of states, the relative achievements of the minority or the relative performance of the majority?

Homeslice 12-10-2010 07:16 PM

And did they include immigrants in those numbers?

Florida people are older and less likely to be an illegal, so their educational stats SHOULD be good. In fact they should be even better than they are.

To make it apples-to-apples, take two US citizens, both the same age. I can guarantee the one from Cali will have spent more total time in school than the one in FL.

goof2 12-10-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 431466)
And did they include immigrants in those numbers?

Florida people are older and less likely to be an illegal, so their educational stats SHOULD be good. In fact they should be even better than they are.

To make it apples-to-apples, take two US citizens, both the same age. I can guarantee the one from Cali will have spent more total time in school than the one in FL.

There are less illegals in Florida than in California, but there are still a lot of them here. If it is such a big problem for your state and is dragging your educational system down so much it would probably make sense to do something about it rather than staging a boycott and bitching about Arizona doing something about it.:idk:

As for your assertion, maybe, but we don't know because it seems the US Dept. of Ed. takes each state as it is, not as you may want it to be.:shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 431450)
I get it, but California's problems have been in place long before this downturn. It was only back in 2003 that they had a $35+ billion budget crisis.

You can certainly believe what you want, but bou complain about Republicans spending like drunken sailors while ignoring the fact that Obama's deficits have been significantly larger, and this leads you to believe the Republicans are terrible. At the same time California's legislature has been spending like drunken sailors and this leads you to believe the federal government should give them more money we have to borrow from others.

You are also willing to cut California (and the greater NY metro area) slack because of its complexity, size, and diversity while ignoring that the entire country is significantly more complex, large, and diverse.

I understand what you are saying, but the position is still isn't sensible to me.:shrug:

So you're getting my point...but I might add that NYC and Cali kind of act as support, supply, and distribution centers the rest of what I like to call "flyover territory" in between (read: The rest of the US).

So, while the rest enjoys the spoils of what these great metropolises bring to the entire country, they perhaps have to realize as well that they're also the hardest hit areas in times of trouble.

Just saying...Cali's problems are more complex than Podunk.

I don't think you can just blame Liberals, that's fucking absurd.

tallywacker 12-10-2010 09:38 PM

Blame CA bloated social programs. If you can't pay for them, you can't pay for them. People will make due, they have for at-least a few thousand years. Just means white people working in orchards instead of mexicans.

goof2 12-10-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431497)
So you're getting my point...but I might add that NYC and Cali kind of act as support, supply, and distribution centers the rest of what I like to call "flyover territory" in between (read: The rest of the US).

So, while the rest enjoys the spoils of what these great metropolises bring to the entire country, they perhaps have to realize as well that they're also the hardest hit areas in times of trouble.

Just saying...Cali's problems are more complex than Podunk.

I don't think you can just blame Liberals, that's fucking absurd.

And America's problems are more complex than California's, yet you don't seem to take the same restrained approach when assigning blame there.

101lifts2 12-10-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431378)

CA's problems are fairly simple. The problem is that people do not want to budge, nor do we want to pay more taxes.

1. Quit paying for social programs forever. It doesn't work.
2. Align retirement programs with the private sector.
3. Quit paying for illegal programs unless they are paying their fair share in taxes.
4. Balance the fucking budget. If you don't have it, people don't get it. Simple as that.

There simple.

101lifts2 12-10-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431438)

Can't blame one group, or one thing.

CA needs to fix it's own problems independant of government intervention. If bankrupcty is what is going to have to happen to realign all of the entitlement programs, then so be it.

101lifts2 12-10-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431374)

Obama spent 3x in 2 years than what Bush spent in 8. Seriously quit being stupid. But...they are both to blame...but not in CA.

tallywacker 12-10-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 431518)
CA's problems are fairly simple. The problem is that people do not want to budge, nor do we want to pay more taxes.

1. Quit paying for social programs forever. It doesn't work.
2. Align retirement programs with the private sector.
3. Quit paying for illegal programs unless they are paying their fair share in taxes.
4. Balance the fucking budget. If you don't have it, people don't get it. Simple as that.

There simple.

Too bad were at the point that some people are so dependent that CA would collapse under riots and rebellion. Same thing as taking heroin from an addict, it's gonna get really bad before it gets good again.

nhgunnut 12-12-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 431524)
Too bad were at the point that some people are so dependent that CA would collapse under riots and rebellion. Same thing as taking heroin from an addict, it's gonna get really bad before it gets good again.

I have to agree, California, is a state of perpetual Entitlement and Dependence. Its population is so used to hand outs that most couldn't survive with out them. Where I disagree with some of the previous posts is, I don't believe it is the illegal worker that is the problem. The majority are not afraid to work.
BTW California is just the most recent. Also becoming a State of Despair is Massachusetts for exactly the same reasons.

Captain Morgan 12-12-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431396)

But, I'd just hazard to guess that a multi-cultural, major sea-port hub state, staffed in large part by migrant workers, and the center on much of the entire left coast's economic activity (and the center of the computer, music, and movie universes) might have unique economic needs and issues.

No?

Just sayin'

I don't think it's as simple as "blame the liberals" [101's knee-jerk catch-all]. That's absurd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431425)

Wow, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. So, let me get this straight...Cali and NY are more diverse than the rest of the US, so they have different economic needs than the rest of the US, therefore, the federal government should give California and NY handouts. Where, exactly, is this money going to come from? Will it come from the country, or will it come from the Dem's pockets. Afterall, you've already stated that the Republican's spend the country's money, not their own. Whose money do the Dem's spend on all of their social programs? Is it their own, or is it the country's money? Please enlighten those of us who are too stupid to figure it out

Don't be dense. Diverse confused you. Look it up.

I wasn't talking diverse races (god forbid, don't wanna scare the white folk).

I was talking about diverse (and pivotal) roles those areas provide the rest of the country. In the many major industries they provide goods and services in support of the entire rest of the US.

Like I said, in the case of California, we're talking about it be the CENTER of:

Movie Industry
Music Industry
Computer Industry
Agriculture
Shipping and distribution (with an enormous coastline)

nhgunnut 12-12-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431729)

I was talking about diverse (and pivotal) roles those areas provide the rest of the country. In the many major industries they provide goods and services in support of the entire rest of the US.

Like I said, in the case of California, we're talking about it be the CENTER of:

Movie Industry
Music Industry
Computer Industry
Agriculture

Californis has not been the center of the computer industry in decades. They like the automotive industry have allowed entitlement to price themselves out of the market . California doesn't come close fo feeding it self . Any attempt to prop it up will bleed the rest of the country dry.

tallywacker 12-12-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Movie Industry
Music Industry
Computer Industry
Agriculture

And you're still in the shitter.

101lifts2 12-12-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Movie Industry
Music Industry
Computer Industry
Agriculture

Movie Industry - It can move to Kansas
Music Industry - It can move to Kansas
Computer Industry - It can move to Kansas
Agriculture - The political party in power have never made this economical. In they cater to turning water off in parts of Central CA in lieu of diverting it for minows.

Homeslice 12-12-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 431752)

The shitter that everyone wants to vacation to.

tallywacker 12-12-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 431775)

<------not this guy

Particle Man 12-12-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Screw that - I have no desire to vacation there.

Homeslice 12-12-2010 04:10 PM

Do you guys even know what is here, besides LA and Hollywood?

tallywacker 12-12-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 431784)
Do you guys even know what is here, besides LA and Hollywood?

Mexicans

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 431752)

I don't live there, try and keep up. What's this YOU shit?

And what you're not getting (not that that might be something unique) is that all those industries that make money, and provide services in times of good, are also hit hardest in times of bad.

Face it. The "USA" IS NYC [and surrounding areas] and California.

Where YOU live is what's fucking completely irrelevant.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. That's just the lay of the land, son.

It's called "fly-over" territory.

Homeslice 12-12-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 431785)
Mexicans

Yeah, and you guys have Puerto Ricans, Italians, Jamaicans, Dominicans, Russians...........so?

goof2 12-12-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

No thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431792)

And what you're not getting (not that that might be something unique) is that all those industries that make money, and provide services in times of good, are also hit hardest in times of bad.

You could maybe sell that idea for the entire East Coast and the entire West Coast while throwing in the Gulf Coast for the energy side of things and the Great Lakes region for manufacturing, but to limit it to only California and NYC is simply dumb.:shrug:

tallywacker 12-12-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Pretty narrow view of the country.

Homeslice 12-12-2010 11:09 PM

There is something about every state in the union that's worth visiting. Avoiding a state because of its politics makes no sense. You're not voting, you're sight-seeing. Therefore I call BS on those who say there's nothing in CA they'd like to see. There's certainly more to see here than Rhode Island or Mississippi.

tallywacker 12-12-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 431885)
There is something about every state in the union that's worth visiting. Avoiding a state because of its politics makes no sense. You're not voting, you're sight-seeing. Therefore I call BS on those who say there's nothing in CA they'd like to see. There's certainly more to see here than Rhode Island or Mississippi.

No, I'm pretty against everything Californian. I have no want to ever visit especially because of their politics.

Homeslice 12-12-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 431890)
No, I'm pretty against everything Californian. I have no want to ever visit especially because of their politics.

Because their politics would affect your trip to Yosemite or Lake Tahoe or Mammoth or Sequoia or wine country or some of the best riding roads in the country.

Gotcha.

tallywacker 12-12-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 431897)
Because their politics would affect your trip to Yosemite or Lake Tahoe or Mammoth or Sequoia or wine country or some of the best riding roads in the country.

Gotcha.

Personal choice, not really debatable. I'd rather not spend any of my money there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 431881)
You could maybe sell that idea for the entire East Coast and the entire West Coast while throwing in the Gulf Coast for the energy side of things and the Great Lakes region for manufacturing, but to limit it to only California and NYC is simply dumb.:shrug:

Sometimes I paint in primary colors in order to keep it simple enough to at least evoke recognition of shades of gray from those who can perhaps only typically see black and white ;)

Homeslice 12-13-2010 12:22 AM

Fair enough

tallywacker 12-13-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 431910)
Sometimes I paint in primary colors in order to keep it simple enough to at least evoke recognition of shades of gray from those who can perhaps only typically see black and white ;)

Sure Master of Puppets, whatever tickles your asshole.

http://poopnugget.com/files/fengapapit.jpg

goof2 12-13-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 431885)

I've been through some of California and while it is nice I'm just not real driven to go back. If it is any consolation I wish tourists would stop coming to Florida.

goof2 12-13-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

OK, so since your "California is so special they deserve our help" justification for the federal government to send them money was simply painting in primary colors, do you have any shades of gray that justify it?

101lifts2 12-13-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 431785)
mexicans

lol

101lifts2 12-13-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Please tell me one thing (other than agriculture) that CA has that the rest of the country could not produce? You want a port...use Tacoma, WA. Everything else can leave and be done elsewhere, which is what is happening because taxes are too high. Alot of industry is here for one simple reason; the weather.

The best thing this state could do is elect a conservative legislation who:
1. Is actually conservative.
2. Cares about the air and water, but do not pass dumb ass worthless air control laws which only helps interest groups.
3. Who can quit paying for every Mexican's lifestyle just because they can and do spit out 5 kids.

OneSickPsycho 12-13-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Sometimes I wonder if you even believe half the bullshit you throw out there.

I find it hilarious that you're all looking to me as some fucking oracle of wisdom on this, when I've already said, I don't know how many times already in this thread, that I know shit about Cali politics.

I just suggested it's a bit more complicated than that "it's all the liberals fault!" alarm 101 keeps fucking abusing.

When it was suggested that "Podunk didn't get special consideration, why should Cali?" I tried to point out that Cali has a shit ton of important industries that didn't get a bailout, and that this may further complicate the matter.

I don't really believe that the other states don't matter, but I don't believe that Cali should be treated the same as Podunk for all the reasons I stated.

WTF is so hard for you people to grasp?

101lifts2 12-13-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 432061)
I find it hilarious that you're all looking to me as some fucking oracle of wisdom on this, when I've already said, I don't know how many times already in this thread, that I know shit about Cali politics.

I just suggested it's a bit more complicated than that "it's all the liberals fault!" alarm 101 keeps fucking abusing.....

You claim to know little about CA politics, but you def. know the liberals cannot be to blame.....because "it's just too complex". LOL...Spending money is not complex homebrew. The only ones to blame are liberals.

Quote:

....When it was suggested that "Podunk didn't get special consideration, why should Cali?" I tried to point out that Cali has a shit ton of important industries that didn't get a bailout, and that this may further complicate the matter.....

Neither should get shit.

Quote:

....WTF is so hard for you people to grasp?

We get it...you don't.

Homeslice 12-13-2010 09:16 PM

The current Republican track record doesn't suggest they'd be any thriftier. If they were in charge of CA, they'd probably blow a ton of money subsidizing defense and energy companies and kissing their ass. Plus they are all bark and no bite when it comes to the immigration problem. They're too busy protecting the industries that use that cheap labor.

Captain Morgan 12-13-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 432143)
The current Republican track record doesn't suggest they'd be any thriftier. If they were in charge of CA, they'd probably blow a ton of money subsidizing defense and energy companies and kissing their ass. Plus they are all bark and no bite when it comes to the immigration problem. They're too busy protecting the industries that use that cheap labor.

But, in the words of Avatard, the republicans would be spending the country's money, not money out of their own pockets, therefore, Cali problems would be the fault of the republicans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 432146)
But, in the words of Avatard, the republicans would be spending the country's money, not money out of their own pockets, therefore, Cali problems would be the fault of the republicans.

OK, I'll run with your characterization of my position:

So what we have is two groups. One spends our money on social programs...for us. Another diverts our money to the rich.

Both spend.

Why not have the ones that at least spend our money on US?

I fail to see what attracts anyone to the republican position who isn't a millionaire or billionaire.

101lifts2 12-13-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 432158)
OK, I'll run with your characterization of my position:

So what we have is two groups. One spends our money on social programs...for us. Another diverts our money to the rich.

Both spend.

Why not have the ones that at least spend our money on US?

I fail to see what attracts anyone to the republican position who isn't a millionaire or billionaire.

If you actually WORK..the money the Dems spend on "us" is actually your money on people who DON'T work or don't pay taxes. At least this is how CA does it.....fuck that.

Papa_Complex 12-14-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSGregman (Post 431042)
I would argue that the true origin of the problem was the Housing and Community Development Act....introduced by Henry Reuss, a democrat from Wisconsin, and signed into law by President Jimmy Carter....also a democrat.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...:@@@L&summ2=m&

Which Republicans would have rectified, if they really say it as being a problem, no? Passed in 1977? That's 33 years including 8 years of Reagan, 4 years of Bush Senior, and 8 years of Bush the Lesser. That's more than 50% of the time between when that law was passed, and when all hell broke loose.

Not only was it not withdrawn, but it was "improved" over that time. Any Republican who points to the Carter years as the origin of the problem, must also wear the problem, himself, for the 5 sessions during that time that the Republicans had both The House and The Senate. A ticking time-bomb, but no one fixed it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 432162)
If you actually WORK..the money the Dems spend on "us" is actually your money on people who DON'T work or don't pay taxes. At least this is how CA does it.....fuck that.

So as long as the money isn't going to you, why do you prefer it goes to the rich, and not the poor? You think the rich is gonna share theirs with you?

Who's to say that with a meal to feed their family, the poor won't steal from you less...would this not also benefit YOU?

tallywacker 12-14-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 432267)
So as long as the money isn't going to you, why do you prefer it goes to the rich, and not the poor? You think the rich is gonna share theirs with you?

Who's to say that with a meal to feed their family, the poor won't steal from you less...would this not also benefit YOU?

Share the wealth, share the wealth, share the wealth.

That's all I hear. Fucking bums wanting a free ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 432322)

That's all I hear.

Right. I know. You tend to think very much in black and white. That's why I'm trying alternate ways of communicating this.

So, I ask you...if the Democrats to you equal only "share the wealth", and having that happen can only help raise life standards and education for all (thus you indirectly), why would you prefer the Republican alternative, which is ultimately to just make a tiny few millionaires (the richest 1%) and billionaires even richer?

If Democrats only suggest "share the wealth" to you, then this at least keeps the overall distribution of wealth more equitable, and guarantees greater overall prosperity, peace, and quality of life.

Why would you not prefer this?

Papa_Complex 12-14-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 432322)

That's all I hear. Fucking bums wanting a free ride.

There are two other expressions that apply to it:

- Enlightened self-interest

- Charity

.... but yes, it's "share the wealth" for the most part, in practical terms. Whether that's a good or a bad thing frequently depends upon your mindset.

KSGregman 12-14-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 432323)
So, I ask you...if the Democrats to you equal only "share the wealth", and having that happen can only help raise life standards and education for all (thus you indirectly), why would you prefer the Republican alternative, which is ultimately to just make a tiny few millionaires (the richest 1%) and billionaires even richer?

You sound so gullible and foolish, Tard....seriously.

You do realize that Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, John Kerry, et al are ALL amongst the "millionaires (the richest 1%)? They are EVERY bit as adept at accumulating and protecting their OWN wealth as any of the Republicans you demonize. Do you SERIOUSLY think that it will be a PENNY of THEIR money ponied up to fund these give aways?

This is, and always has been, the problem with the Left....they live in this outright hypocritical world....selling the dream of a level playing field....of sharing the wealth....the problem, as Margaret Thatcher so eloquently pointed out, is that they will ALWAYS run out of other peoples money to give away. The field is not now, nor will it ever be equal....what they are selling, and you are buying hook line and sinker, is a dream.

tallywacker 12-14-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avatard (Post 432323)
right. I know. You tend to think very much in black and white. That's why i'm trying alternate ways of communicating this.

So, i ask you...if the democrats to you equal only "share the wealth", and having that happen can only help raise life standards and education for all (thus you indirectly), why would you prefer the republican alternative, which is ultimately to just make a tiny few millionaires (the richest 1%) and billionaires even richer?

If democrats only suggest "share the wealth" to you, then this at least keeps the overall distribution of wealth more equitable, and guarantees greater overall prosperity, peace, and quality of life.

lol I'm working and going to college. I don't need your charity. I sacrificed my time to the US to earn my education. Your side is there to pull money to help those that don't help themselves because you give them a free ride.

If you need a handout, join the military and earn it. I know too many bums riding the government dollar and haven't done shit in there lives to deserve it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 432328)
lol

Did you not understand the question, Beavis?

Papa_Complex 12-14-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSGregman (Post 432326)
You sound so gullible and foolish, Tard....seriously.

You do realize that Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, John Kerry, et al are ALL amongst the "millionaires (the richest 1%)? They are EVERY bit as adept at accumulating and protecting their OWN wealth as any of the Republicans you demonize. Do you SERIOUSLY think that it will be a PENNY of THEIR money ponied up to fund these give aways?

This is, and always has been, the problem with the Left....they live in this outright hypocritical world....selling the dream of a level playing field....of sharing the wealth....the problem, as Margaret Thatcher so eloquently pointed out, is that they will ALWAYS run out of other peoples money to give away. The field is not now, nor will it ever be equal....what they are selling, and you are buying hook line and sinker, is a dream.

Oddly enough, you can flip that statement just as easily. One of the problems is that there are no longer any politicians who truly fit the description of the word "conservative."

shmike 12-14-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 432323)

Because it is a utopian crock of shit.

I'd go all "gray" area on you but Gregman looks like he has it handled. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 432332)
I'd go all "gray" area on you but Gregman looks like he has it handled. :lol:

It's always a challenge speaking to those who think only in black and white, while others split hairs.

How am I doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 432332)
Because it is a utopian crock of shit.

You're right. That whole "trickle down" thing is far more believable.

Wait, no it isn't.

Trickle down? Or is that the sound of the Republicans pissing on your head and telling you it's raining?

Trip 12-14-2010 03:02 PM

Dems want to share the wealth just enough to trap their lowly voting populace in a life of crap. Neither of these two parties are better, I don't know why you still believe in the Dems, Avatard. They are just as bad.

shmike 12-14-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 432334)
It's always a challenge speaking to those who think only in black and white, while others split hairs.

How am I doing?

Poorly. Very poorly.

I don't think you can teach others to see peripherally when you suffer from tunnel vision.

tallywacker 12-14-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 432339)
Poorly. Very poorly.

I don't think you can teach others to see peripherally when you suffer from tunnel vision.

And that tunnel is 50 miles long.