Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone want to go to Barber? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10484)

Amber Lamps 09-15-2009 04:43 PM

Anyone want to go to Barber?

1 Attachment(s)
STG, Michelin and STT are doing a $99 track day... I could show up with Michelins and bring a tire machine...

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/StoreFront.bok

marko138 09-15-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 266103)
STG, Michelin and STT are doing a $99 track day... I could show up with Michelins and bring a tire machine...

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/StoreFront.bok

Saw that in my email. Pretty cool.

shmike 09-15-2009 04:50 PM

I'd love to go but can't make it.

What's up with all the Monday trackdays?

Don't you people work? :scratch:

Amber Lamps 09-15-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 266109)

That's when they are CHEAP!!! I don't know but I'd guess you'd peel about three Benjis off the roll to get into Barber on a Saturday, my brother!

CrazyKell 09-16-2009 11:12 AM

That's what vacation days are for. Unfortunately it's a bit of a drive for me, or I'd be all over it!

Trip 09-16-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 266109)

They can rent the track for a 1/3 of the cost on weekdays as opposed to weekends and then give you half off the normal price and make a killing by forcing you to run michelins, so you buy tires from them too.

CasterTroy 09-22-2009 08:18 AM

Is anyone for sure doing this?

What are the requirements? (yes I can read, but is it any different than a NESBA track day?)

I.E.
Beginner: simple gear, lights and mirrors OK

Intermediate: One piece or zip-together leathers, boots, gloves, back protector, taped lights, removed mirrors/plate

Advanced: same as above , but water wetter, wired bike

tommymac 09-22-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 266486)
They can rent the track for a 1/3 of the cost on weekdays as opposed to weekends and then give you half off the normal price and make a killing by forcing you to run michelins, so you buy tires from them too.

I run michelins anyway and usualy buy my tires from them as well. the timing and the money is an issue for me otherwise I would be all over it.

Tom

fasternyou929 09-23-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 268614)
Is anyone for sure doing this?

What are the requirements? (yes I can read, but is it any different than a NESBA track day?)

I.E.
Beginner: simple gear, lights and mirrors OK

Intermediate: One piece or zip-together leathers, boots, gloves, back protector, taped lights, removed mirrors/plate

Advanced: same as above , but water wetter, wired bike

I'm giving this one some thought. I'm in Beijing now, coming back home 9/25 and taking a week off to ride around the mountains. Plan on being back from that 10/2 and could put my bike back in race trim and be ready to leave Sunday. My friend Adam is considering going, if he does we still have 2 spots in the truck and trailer.

tached1000rr 09-23-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 269094)
I'm giving this one some thought. I'm in Beijing now, coming back home 9/25 and taking a week off to ride around the mountains. Plan on being back from that 10/2 and could put my bike back in race trim and be ready to leave Sunday. My friend Adam is considering going, if he does we still have 2 spots in the truck and trailer.

Where exactly you riding in the mountains?

fasternyou929 09-23-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 269472)
Where exactly you riding in the mountains?

Anywhere that's not flooded. :lol: Last year I did something similar and rode through NC, VA, WV, KY, TN, GA, and SC. This time I might spend more time near TN, KY, and OH, lots of good mountain roads out there, smooth and clean pavement. And no monsoons like GA has been getting hammered with!

CasterTroy 09-24-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 269094)

I've decided to do Palmetto 10/3 instead....too many people and too long a straights at Barber for the tard

ontwo 09-24-2009 10:39 AM

Too bad I have all my vacation already scheduled

Papa_Complex 09-28-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 266468)
That's what vacation days are for. Unfortunately it's a bit of a drive for me, or I'd be all over it!

Less than 16 hours, with a trailer, from Toronto. Less for you, since you're an hour+ closer. A bunch of the Ontario regional racing guys should be going down.

Sixxxxer 09-28-2009 10:45 AM

Well...Having to run Michelins already means I'm out....I'm a Dunlop Guy

tached1000rr 09-28-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 271011)
Well...Having to run Michelins already means I'm out....I'm a Dunlop Guy

Word!!!! and a Bridgestone guy before Michelin....