Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Cheap Riding Suit!!! Let The Crap Fly!!! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12577)

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 01:00 PM

Cheap Riding Suit!!! Let The Crap Fly!!!

Okay, I finnally broke down and got one of those cheap riding suits off EBay. They let me pick the pattern, colors, and also included gloves to match for $350 shipped. Ordered on the 25th, arrived on the 6th, not too bad. Right off the bat, I'd say that this is a one or two crash suit-depending on the circumstances, of course. I'd put it just below A* entry level suits and even with Frank Thomas, low end AGV or Teknic. It's got an Aero hump, cheap knee sliders and CE stamped armor. The stitching leaves something to be desired as it is only single in the low stress areas but double and even triple stitched in impact zones. All in all, not a bad suit for the money and the fit is quite good. The gloves are fucking outstanding fit wise and look exactly like the old ICON TiMax gloves. The mountain lion on the front is their company logo, I could have opted against it but wtf, it's no worse than a dragon, devil, puma or flying A in my opinion.

Bad pics (f-ing GF!)

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Photo0330.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Photo0331.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Photo0332.jpg

Sean 01-06-2010 01:07 PM

Nice earrings!

Also, your TV is mounted too high. :p

Rider 01-06-2010 01:19 PM

...and $350 sent to fund terrorist operations. :wtfru:

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 315160)
Nice earrings!

Also, your TV is mounted too high. :p

Thanks! I tradedin my ex-fiance's ring to buy them.

46'' bed room tv ftw, hater!

marko138 01-06-2010 02:12 PM

Fuck your Photobucket operations.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 315173)

company hq in Canada...besides, I didn't know until after it was shipped. I figured China. Of course then I'd get knocked for cheap Chinese crap...

karl_1052 01-06-2010 02:17 PM

Nice suit for the money, but you are right, you are one ugly mofo.:lol:

Homeslice 01-06-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 315173)

Why, is it made in Pakistan? Can't see the pics.

Everything I've seen from Pakistan is ill-fitting. But, if you like it, cool, I'm just curious why you bought this when everything else you own is usually pretty high-end. I mean you could easily buy one of Alpinestars' mid-range suits for only $700 off Ebay.

And Chinese stuff can be damn good, in my experience.

CasterTroy 01-06-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 315214)
Nice suit for the money, but you are right, you are one ugly mofo.:lol:

and OLD as hell :lmao:

BobTheBiker 01-06-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 315206)
Thanks! I tradedin my ex-fiance's ring to buy them.

46'' bed room tv ftw, hater!

haha, I got your ass beat. 54" bedroom tv.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 02:28 PM

You are both right, old and ugly!!! The reason I didn't go high end is that I'll probably wear this this 5 times a year max. I hated every low end A*, Teknic, AGV suit I saw and didn't want to drop $800 on a Dainese Laguna Seca. I had a lock on a AXO suit but it didn't come with knee sliders and I wasn't entirely happy with the look of it... I love high end stuff and will almost always go for it when I can BUT I am not SO "douchey" that I don't realize that some things are better gotten from the lower end. I decided what I'm willing to pay based on how much I will use it.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheBiker (Post 315223)
haha, I got your ass beat. 54" bedroom tv.

Oh yea? Well, is it a flat screen mounted to the wall with a 600 watt surround sound system? Nyahh, nyahh, nyahh!!!!

Rider 01-06-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 315230)
You are both right, old and ugly!!! The reason I didn't go high end is that I'll probably wear this this 5 times a year max. I hated every low end A*, Teknic, AGV suit I saw and didn't want to drop $800 on a Dainese Laguna Seca. I had a lock on a AXO suit but it didn't come with knee sliders and I wasn't entirely happy with the look of it... I love high end stuff and will almost always go for it when I can BUT I am not SO "douchey" that I don't realize that some things are better gotten from the lower end. I decided what I'm willing to pay based on how much I will use it.

You only use a condom once. Are you willing to cheap out on that too? :lol

t-homo 01-06-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 315233)

Genius.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 315233)

Condom? If I used them and if the cheap ones were proven to work as well as the expensive then yes. Would you rather have a cheap condom or none at all? Because that is the real choice here.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 315234)
Genius.

Shut up you! Neither one of you have ever even owned a one piece suit to my knowledge.

Rider 01-06-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 315238)
Shut up you! Neither one of you have ever even owned a one piece suit to my knowledge.

T owns one.

CasterTroy 01-06-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

They don't publish EVERYTHING

http://www.thepajamacompany.com/store/images/d_603.jpg

derf 01-06-2010 05:43 PM

$350 new isnt bad, except for the ugly ass tiger on the chest. I bet that they got your order with the tiger outline and was all "Holy shit, we just got our first order with our company logo! What do we do now?"

Oh yeh and your TV might be mounted a little too high

askmrjesus 01-06-2010 06:15 PM

Nice suit!

It's like Hello Kitty and the Power Rangers collided at a gay bar.

There are, however, some things you should know about Paki "leather goods". Many of them are made from goat skin, and tanned with urine.

So... you know, try not to get it wet.

JC

t-homo 01-06-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 315241)
T owns one.

True story. I wear mine with a back protector every time i hit the twisties. Teknic Chicane for 300 shipped a year and a half ago.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 315241)
T owns one.

Aw shoot that's right, some crappy Teknic suit... Hell, the same people probably made his that made mine! Just kidding. Oh well, bad joke I guess.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 315349)
True story. I wear mine with a back protector every time i hit the twisties. Teknic Chicane for 300 shipped a year and a half ago.

Ha there it is! Oh well, bet my suit is just as good as yours... I've owned a lot of Teknic gear-I lived 5 miles away and knew the owner. Most of their early stuff was goat skin and made where? In Pakistan!

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 315332)
Nice suit!

There are, however, some things you should know about Paki "leather goods". Many of them are made from goat skin, and tanned with urine.

So... you know, try not to get it wet.

JC

Nah actual leather, according to the tags anyway and it smells pretty good so far... Little known (apparently) fact, most lower end leather goods were made in Pakistan before China took everything over. I'm not sure why or how a leather suit made in China is somehow better than a leather suit made in Pakistan... Oh and the mt. lion can easily be removed later so I decided to have it come on. I'm sure all of you remove those gay Dainese devils and lame MotoGp eyes off of your gear, right?

Homeslice 01-06-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 315397)
Nah actual leather, according to the tags anyway and it smells pretty good so far... Little known (apparently) fact, most lower end leather goods were made in Pakistan before China took everything over. I'm not sure why or how a leather suit made in China is somehow better than a leather suit made in Pakistan...

That's like saying you're not sure why a car made in Japan is better than a car made in Mexico or France. It just is.

racedoll 01-06-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 315332)
JC

I'm sorry but :rofl:

Nice suit Tig.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 315400)
That's like saying you're not sure why a car made in Japan is better than a car made in Mexico or France. It just is.

What? "Chinese leather goods are better than Pakistani leather goods" is hardly common knowledge... Shit, this is honestly the very first time I've heard someone defend Chinese goods against another country. BTW if you drive an American car, it's very likely that a great number of your parts were made in Mexico. Just like if you drive a Japanese car, it's likely that a great many of the parts were made in Taiwan or Korea.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 315402)
I'm sorry but :rofl:

Nice suit Tig.

Thanks!

BTW I know that shit was fucking funny!!! To tell the truth that's one of the reasons that I don't normally wear a full suit. You look like an idiot (imho)if and when you get off the bike. Not to mention that they aren't exactly designed for walking around.

racedoll 01-06-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 315406)
Thanks!

BTW I know that shit was fucking funny!!! To tell the truth that's one of the reasons that I don't normally wear a full suit. You look like an idiot (imho)if and when you get off the bike. Not to mention that they aren't exactly designed for walking around.

Exactly. You look like an even bigger idiot when your leathers don't fit you all that well... :whistle: (I couldn't resist since they were cheap and needed a 1pc.)

marko138 01-06-2010 08:15 PM

Looks like it's a size too big to me.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 315408)
Exactly. You look like an even bigger idiot when your leathers don't fit you all that well... :whistle: (I couldn't resist since they were cheap and needed a 1pc.)

Yea, mine are pretty good in that respect, which is important to me. I tried on several suits in the $400-500 range and either they were too short or they were too fat. They make these suits to order, they will modify the color, size, etc. I almost went with Clover actually for the same reason. The truth is, I'm not sure that I'll be able to wear any off the rack suit, regardless of price.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 315413)
Looks like it's a size too big to me.

Nah, I had them go a bit wide in certain areas, I want to be able to wear a sweat shirt or whatever under neath and I want air to be able to move around easily in the Summer. I don't know, maybe I'll get my shit together, now that I'm healthy, exercise, lose some weight and buy another suit.

racedoll 01-06-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 315417)
Yea, mine are pretty good in that respect, which is important to me. I tried on several suits in the $400-500 range and either they were too short or they were too fat. They make these suits to order, they will modify the color, size, etc. I almost went with Clover actually for the same reason. The truth is, I'm not sure that I'll be able to wear any off the rack suit, regardless of price.

That is the part that sucks for being a female. The cheapest suit I found was around $500+, too damn much for a couple track days a year. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places, :shrug:
I looked at mens, but very few manufacturers make a size 38. I settled for a 40, so it's a bit baggy. But I wasn't going to complain since it is an AGV and only paid $125. It works.

askmrjesus 01-06-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Nah actual leather, according to the tags anyway and it smells pretty good so far...

You know, just that fact that you sniffed it, makes my last post completely worth while.

Quote:

Little known (apparently) fact, most lower end leather goods were made in Pakistan before China took everything over. I'm not sure why or how a leather suit made in China is somehow better than a leather suit made in Pakistan... Oh and the mt. lion can easily be removed later so I decided to have it come on. I'm sure all of you remove those gay Dainese devils and lame MotoGp eyes off of your gear, right?

China has better technology available, and more money.

Pakistan has worse and less.

Plus, nobody ever says, "Hey, let's pickup some Pakistani on the way home".

JC

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 315430)
You know, just that fact that you sniffed it, makes my last post completely worth while.

China has better technology available, and more money.

Pakistan has worse and less.

Plus, nobody ever says, "Hey, let's pickup some Pakistani on the way home".

JC

Shoot, you ain't never had no Tandoori chicken? Heck, curry chicken is just as much Pakistani as it is Indian.

Hmmm... who makes a better leather riding suit, USA or Italy? besides, you know that the best leather suits are made by hand. Hand cut, a person at the sewing machine, etc. Technology be damned. For better or worse, these gloves fit better and have zero easily visible mistakes. Something I could not say for the last pair of A* GpTech gloves I bought.

101lifts2 01-06-2010 08:56 PM

Suit looks decent for 350 bones. Looks a tad big in areas, but it isn't a custom.

I've had my current $1200 Z-Custom Leather suit for 7 years now and I've never owned any other suit. The thing is starting to rip everywhere, so a new suit is on the horizon. Thinking about getting a custom Pilot Suit for about 1400.

Custom is the way to go if you do alot of riding in the suit.

Amber Lamps 01-06-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 315437)
Suit looks decent for 350 bones. Looks a tad big in areas, but it isn't a custom.

I've had my current custom 1200 buck suit for 7 years now. Never bought any other suit. The thing is starting to rip everywhere, so a new suit is on the horizon. Thinking about getting a custom Pilot Suit for about 1400. Custom is the way to go if you do alot of riding in the suit.

Yea true! I did some measurements and emailed them. The main thing they did for me was to make the suit a bit "taller" every US48 I've ever tried on was too short for me. They are willing to completely make the suit to your exact specs but you'd better be spot on! I like my suit a bit large because I'm on the street. If it were a track suit, I'm sure I'd want it "painted on" like all of the racers.

Switch 01-06-2010 11:26 PM

You would have Icon gloves.

101lifts2 01-11-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennessee Stud (Post 315486)
You would have Icon gloves.

Was that a cut down or a squid remark?

Amber Lamps 01-11-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 317984)
Was that a cut down or a squid remark?

Who knows or cares? You gotta love these guys that barely ever post and just lurk looking for an opportunity to cut someone down.

Rider 01-12-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 317986)
Who knows or cares? You gotta love these guys that barely ever post and just lurk looking for an opportunity to cut someone down.

What about the guys that post a lot and still cut you down. :lol
Of course we just like to give you shit.

askmrjesus 01-12-2010 12:37 PM

You named the thread "Let the crap fly" and then complain about the crap?

Good thinking! :lol:

JC

marko138 01-12-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 318454)

JC

A very astute observation.

Amber Lamps 01-12-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 318161)
What about the guys that post a lot and still cut you down. :lol
Of course we just like to give you shit.

Oh yea I don't mind at all. 101 made a comment about his comment, so I commented.... huh, what? Did that make any sense?...

Amber Lamps 01-12-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 318454)

JC

Oh I don't care... it's just amusing and was worth mentioning to me...

Amber Lamps 01-12-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 318456)
A very astute observation.

Who you calling "astute"? I'll kick your fucking ass!!! Your momma is astute!

Hahahahahaah!!!

marko138 01-12-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 318469)
Who you calling "astute"? I'll kick your fucking ass!!! Your momma is astute!

Hahahahahaah!!!

Doubtful.

Amber Lamps 01-12-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 318470)
Doubtful.

Oh yea, call me astute again and see what happens!!!!

marko138 01-12-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 318473)
Oh yea, call me astute again and see what happens!!!!

:lol

Amber Lamps 01-12-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 318479)
:lol

Remind you of "In Living Color" when the Wayans would use words incorrectly? That shit was a riot!

marko138 01-12-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 318481)
Remind you of "In Living Color" when the Wayans would use words incorrectly? That shit was a riot!

Talk about a blast from the past.

Amber Lamps 01-12-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 318483)
Talk about a blast from the past.

Oh don't get me started...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLPogmB8M8

Dnyce 01-19-2010 09:08 PM

maybe i missed it, but what seller /ebay store sold u these?

askmrjesus 01-19-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 322308)
maybe i missed it, but what seller /ebay store sold u these?

Google terroristgoatfucker.com

JC

marko138 01-20-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 322311)
Google terroristgoatfucker.com

JC

:lol Good work.