Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Okay, is this any better? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14600)

Amber Lamps 05-06-2010 03:51 PM

Okay, is this any better?

I put on headlights, tail lights, 3rd brake light, license plates, a bug shield, windshield tint and a stereo (Sony bluetooth head unit, MB Quart separates-frt/rear, MB Quart 5 channel amp, and JL Audio 10'' subs). Hopefully, this meets with your approval...:lol:

BTW I've had those subs since '97 JL Audio FTW!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...5-06151424.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...5-06151447.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...5-06153949.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...5-06154037.jpg

karl_1052 05-06-2010 03:58 PM

Head and taillights are extra douchey. Stock FTW

I still have my MTX Black Gold 12" and Thunder 240w amp from the same time. It's been in 3 different cars so far.

Amber Lamps 05-06-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 369998)

I still have my MTX Black Gold 12" and Thunder 240w amp from the same time. It's been in 3 different cars so far.

:sorry: but I never had the stock lights and I'm not paying for stock head and tail lights!:lol:

If you buy quality stereo components from the start, they will last indefinitely!!!

goof2 05-06-2010 04:12 PM

I do like JLs but if you haven't used them in a while keep an eye on them. I had a couple 7 year old 12W0 speakers that sat for about a year. When I tried to use them individually the surrounds disintegrated pretty quickly. You don't want to have it go completely unnoticed and create a short. I thought it was a pretty reasonable life out of them though so I'm now using a single 12W3v3.

Trip 05-06-2010 04:14 PM

Is it still a ford? If so, no its not any better.

RACER X 05-06-2010 04:30 PM

wow a bug deflector on a 'stang, nothin says old guy more then a bug deflector. my pops has one on his honda pilot, he's 70

lol

azoomm 05-06-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 370021)
wow a bug deflector on a 'stang, nothin says old guy more then a bug deflector. my pops has one on his honda pilot, he's 70

lol

Wrong, the wind deflector on the windows say "old guy" more than a bug deflector. :lol:

Hey man, you happy with it? Or, is it still not done? Personally, I like the stock look better. :idk:

Cutty72 05-06-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

lol

On a pilot, they're not so bad (well, it's still a honda)... but on a pony car? :lol:

Amber Lamps 05-06-2010 05:20 PM

ah I like having a deflector ... again I'm not buying stock lights no way!:lol:

Homeslice 05-06-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 370026)
Wrong, the wind deflector on the windows say "old guy" more than a bug deflector. :lol:

Truth

As well as those tint screens that people use because they're too cheap to get a real tint job.

Particle Man 05-06-2010 06:49 PM

Chick car.

redflip

Rangerscott 05-06-2010 10:25 PM

The front lights look ok. The rears are a different story. I would like to see a nice shot of the front and rear.

Gas Man 05-06-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 369998)

But projection headlights and led tail lights are always a plus.

But loose the bug/hood deflector.

azoomm 05-06-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 370091)
Chick car.

redflip

I reject that.

Dick. redflip

:lol:

z06boy 05-07-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 370026)

Quote:

lol

:rofl: Ok I don't really care for these on a car but I admit...on a sport utility or a truck I like both of them actually. The stone/bug deflector as long as it's aerodynamic and follows the lines of the vehicle and not the old school `straight up style' I think they look fine.

I never even thought about it being an old guy thing since I still see people in their 20's and 30's with this stuff on their trucks/sport utilities.

As far as the window shade/deflector thingy...again...don't care for them on a car but on a sport utility or a truck...well I like it for two reasons...one to be able to vent the window when it's raining and not get water in the vehicle plus being able to leave the window's cracked when parked on a hot day and it's not totally obvious to the thug/punk from a distance that may want easy access to the inside. :idk:

Speaking of old school style :rofl:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...1119071007.jpg

Rider 05-07-2010 09:25 AM

I have to agree, those tail lights are hideous. You should have spent the money on perf mods.

karl_1052 05-07-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 370231)
As far as the window shade/deflector thingy...again...don't care for them on a car but on a sport utility or a truck...well I like it for two reasons...one to be able to vent the window when it's raining and not get water in the vehicle plus being able to leave the window's cracked when parked on a hot day and it's not totally obvious to the thug/punk from a distance that may want easy access to the inside. :idk:

I am not 100% on this one, but I believe that both of those reasons would also apply to a car.

z06boy 05-07-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 370293)
I am not 100% on this one, but I believe that both of those reasons would also apply to a car.

Well I am 100 % because it's worked for me time and time again. They do keep rain out when the window is open a couple of inches plus without actually walking up to the vehicle and looking up in the shade area you can't tell that the window is cracked open like you can on a car with no vent shade. On a hot day it helps let hot air escape plus if it happens to rain...no worries.

Also...yes it would also apply to a car but I just don't think they look as good as they do on a truck or sport utility but that's just my opinion. :idk:

dReWpY 05-07-2010 01:50 PM

i like, just needs an exhaust

Amber Lamps 05-07-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 370331)
i like, just needs an exhaust

How do you know that it doesn't have one?....:idk: Well, you're right, I installed a cold air intake today and am looking at exhaust. I'll probably just go Flow Master like I always do.... I'm not trying to be too radical, just a bit louder and meaner.:whistle:

Amber Lamps 05-07-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 370233)
I have to agree, those tail lights are hideous. You should have spent the money on perf mods.

Well, you should have spent your money on a penis enlargement, then maybe you'd get laid!:lol:

Ah to each his own, I wanted smoke tail lights and I'm an LED fan, so I went this way. I personally hate the stock tail lights.:idk:

dReWpY 05-07-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370349)
How do you know that it doesn't have one?....:idk: Well, you're right, I installed a cold air intake today and am looking at exhaust. I'll probably just go Flow Master like I always do.... I'm not trying to be too radical, just a bit louder and meaner.:whistle:

i would suggest a off road H pip or X pipe

z06boy 05-07-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370349)

I had Flowmaster's on my old Foxbody and loved them but there are so many choices these days. I love the sound of a V8 Mustang with good aftermarket exhaust. :rockout:

dReWpY 05-07-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370350)
Well, you should have spent your money on a penis enlargement, then maybe you'd get laid!:lol:

Ah to each his own, I wanted smoke tail lights and I'm an LED fan, so I went this way. I personally hate the stock tail lights.:idk:

my car has both HID headlights and wild tail lights, or atleast that is what i remember it to have

Amber Lamps 05-07-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 370354)
i would suggest a off road H pip or X pipe

Aww I live in NC and have to pass an emissions test every year...I'm not sure that I can do it with that type of exhaust.:idk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 370355)
I had Flowmaster's on my old Foxbody and loved them but there are so many choices these days. I love the sound of a V8 Mustang with good aftermarket exhaust. :rockout:

:rockwoot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 370356)
my car has both HID headlights and wild tail lights, or atleast that is what i remember it to have

douche...

dReWpY 05-07-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370358)
Aww I live in NC and have to pass an emissions test every year...I'm not sure that I can do it with that type of exhaust.:idk:

it wont

douche...

its a jap car though lol

:boobs:

z06boy 05-07-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370358)

Not if they inspect it the way they are supposed too. If you know someone that won't actually "look"...it will pass as long as there is no CEL and or codes. I have high flo cats on my Vette.

dReWpY 05-07-2010 02:50 PM

i have a bump in the pipe that should be were a cat would of been
3.5 inch turbo back catless exhaust for the win

Rider 05-07-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370350)

Shit dude, we used to do it 8 times a day so I know that ain't the issue....

z06boy 05-07-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 370368)
Shit dude, we used to do it 8 times a day so I know that ain't the issue....

http://www.wildlife-pictures-online...._sdnr-0310.jpg

smileyman 05-07-2010 03:19 PM

3 pages and no one has busted out with 'Ice Ice Baby'!?!?

Rider 05-07-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 370391)
3 pages and no one has busted out with 'Ice Ice Baby'!?!?

this is a 4.6 not a 5.ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Amber Lamps 05-07-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 370392)
this is a 4.6 not a 5.ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, I still have the rag top down so my hair can blow....:lol:

karl_1052 05-07-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 370309)
Also...yes it would also apply to a car but I just don't think they look as good as they do on a truck or sport utility but that's just my opinion. :idk:

I think they look dumb on cars too, but They are still functional.;)

dReWpY 05-07-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370394)
Well, I still have the rag top down so my hair can blow....:lol:

Aren't you bald???lol

Particle Man 05-07-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 370159)
I reject that.

Dick. redflip

You're not a "chick" - you're 100% awesome woman :D

Homeslice 05-07-2010 04:56 PM

Every cat-less exhaust I've ever heard sounded like ass. At least put a high-flow cat in.

Without a cat your low-end torque will probably suffer. Sure you get better high-rpm, but it's not worth it imo. Also you're fucking up the environment.

dReWpY 05-07-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 370420)
Every cat-less exhaust I've ever heard sounded like ass. At least put a high-flow cat in.

Without a cat your low-end torque will probably suffer. Sure you get better high-rpm, but it's not worth it imo. Also you're fucking up the environment.

fuck the enviroment

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcU4t6zRAKg[/yt]

Lose the bugshield, it looks like ass. It's not an RV.

Get some fucking taillights, man. Junkyard, dude...won't cost you much.

The headlights aren't bad, but the taillights look like fucking K-Mart.

Cheapens the whole car.

JoJoYZF 05-07-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 370355)

V8 mustang with an slp loudmouth exhaust is sick. Its even better if the car has slp heads and a mid. Easily my favorite exhaust on a mustang.

Amber Lamps 05-07-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 370424)
Lose the bugshield, it looks like ass. It's not an RV.

Get some fucking taillights, man. Junkyard, dude...won't cost you much.

The headlights aren't bad, but the taillights look like fucking K-Mart.

Cheapens the whole car.

Whew!!! Good thing I don't care what you think....:lol:

Besides never forget I'm the hood rat here... I'm not aiming to be as classy as y'all.

I know that most of you don't think that anyone is welcome to an opinion, even when it comes to their own stuff but the question was, does it look better than before? I personally believe that it does.

BTW I hope you all see what I was saying in the hand bra thread. If these guys can be this nasty about my car because I posted it, why should it be any different for Kelly? :idk:

Don't post shit looking for feedback, and then balk when people opine. It's a sharp car, but a few things make it less sharp/more tacky IMHO. It wouldn't cost much to fix, and in fact, if you sold those cheesy looking taillights to some 18 year old kid on craigslist, you'd probably be in the postive cashflow, there, fruityass.

Give the bugshield to another Mustang driver you think's ride looks more like a RV.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. For my tastes, you change those two things, and it ups the class on that ride by a chunk.

A little more "yeah, boyeee" and a little less Pep Boys, motherfucker...lol.

TommyHotWheel 05-08-2010 01:51 AM

Keep the tail lights and use this...trust me brother...
http://www.vhtpaint.com/niteshades.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...f?t=1273297883

goof2 05-08-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 370489)
Don't post shit looking for feedback, and then balk when people opine. It's a sharp car, but a few things make it less sharp/more tacky IMHO. It wouldn't cost much to fix, and in fact, if you sold those cheesy looking taillights to some 18 year old kid on craigslist, you'd probably be in the postive cashflow, there, fruityass.

Give the bugshield to another Mustang driver you think's ride looks more like a RV.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. For my tastes, you change those two things, and it ups the class on that ride by a chunk.

A little more "yeah, boyeee" and a little less Pep Boys, motherfucker...lol.

I seem to remember you posting a thread about a Chevelle where you were pushing back against the feedback you received. Enjoy your glass house.:lol:

dReWpY 05-08-2010 03:13 AM

You bringing this to the rally??

Gas Man 05-08-2010 07:26 AM

Agree with Tommy on the dark it out... that would help.

Amber Lamps 05-08-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 370509)
I seem to remember you posting a thread about a Chevelle where you were pushing back against the feedback you received. Enjoy your glass house.:lol:

Thanks... that was my point. I honestly don't care and I refuse to be labeled as "butthurt", I was just making a comment about how it changes when it's "you" being criticised. In fact, Kelly make some nasty comments about the "stupid Jordan theme" on my bike back when I first got it.:idk: I just find it funny that's all. BTW you'd be hard pressed to find a post made by me slamming on another member's property...
:whistle:

Quote:

Actually, I remembered that thread rather specifically as I wrote.

I defended what design decisions that lead me to what I designed (because I still like the idea), but I posted the pics for opinions...good or bad, and gauged the reactions accordingly.

IIRC part of the problem with my design for some was that I was "tinkering" with an iconic car that is rarely modded (unlike the Mustang), and a lot weren't comfortable with even the thought of radically customizing one.

I know those tail lights were ON THE CAR WHEN HE GOT IT, and weren't put on by him (so I thought is was even less personal, as I wasn't commenting on something directly from his tastes).

I know you love to poke me, goof, but I don't poke so easy...see, my biggest peeve is hypocrisy...so you may not find me engaged in it often enough to truly satisfy your lust to bust my chops...sorry.

The tail lights scream "PepBoys", and the bug shield belongs on an RV (IMHO).

I looked at it again (a little harder).

Since the front lights are smoked pretty hard, maybe spraying the tail lenses with that tint shit would make them look 1) less cheap, 2) more matching, and 3) just plain darker, so it's just plain harder to see the insanely busy mirror moonscape going on within the reflector.

Also, since that would really make the front and rear lenses the visually dark "anchors" on either end of an otherwise clean, white car, it emphasizes just how much the bug shield needs to go, as it totally breaks up the front (and front 3/4) lines of the car (the visual flow of all the dark areas...lights, grill, body seams).

A screwdriver, and a can of spray would help a chunk, I'd say.

Homeslice 05-08-2010 02:51 PM

Agreed, if the headlights are smoke then the rears should be too.

OneSickPsycho 05-08-2010 03:28 PM

I never understood why manufacturers avoid grey/black interiors on white cars... it's the best look IMHO.

goof2 05-08-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 370563)
Actually, I remembered that thread rather specifically as I wrote.

I defended what design decisions that lead me to what I designed (because I still like the idea), but I posted the pics for opinions...good or bad, and gauged the reactions accordingly.

IIRC part of the problem with my design for some was that I was "tinkering" with an iconic car that is rarely modded (unlike the Mustang), and a lot weren't comfortable with even the thought of radically customizing one.

I know those tail lights were ON THE CAR WHEN HE GOT IT, and weren't put on by him (so I thought is was even less personal, as I wasn't commenting on something directly from his tastes).

I know you love to poke me, goof, but I don't poke so easy...see, my biggest peeve is hypocrisy...so you may not find me engaged in it often enough to truly satisfy your lust to bust my chops...sorry.

The tail lights scream "PepBoys", and the bug shield belongs on an RV (IMHO).

You see a distinction that I don't. Oh well.:shrug:

racedoll 05-08-2010 07:21 PM

AL - Do YOU like the mods you've done so far - did the come out the way you expected it to look?

Amber Lamps 05-08-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 370566)
I looked at it again (a little harder).

Since the front lights are smoked pretty hard, maybe spraying the tail lenses with that tint shit would make them look 1) less cheap, 2) more matching, and 3) just plain darker, so it's just plain harder to see the insanely busy mirror moonscape going on within the reflector.

Also, since that would really make the front and rear lenses the visually dark "anchors" on either end of an otherwise clean, white car, it emphasizes just how much the bug shield needs to go, as it totally breaks up the front (and front 3/4) lines of the car (the visual flow of all the dark areas...lights, grill, body seams).

A screwdriver, and a can of spray would help a chunk, I'd say.

Actually, I put these on here.... it had clear tail lights that you all (and I hated) when I got it.:lol: I bought these smoked tail lights to make it "better", hence the title of this thread....:wink:

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13973

Amber Lamps 05-08-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 370569)
I never understood why manufacturers avoid grey/black interiors on white cars... it's the best look IMHO.

My '07 Silverado was white and had a graphite interior... I would go to dark grey if I could. I've eye'd mats, seat covers, etc but :idk: I don't want to be more "Pep Boys"...

Amber Lamps 05-08-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 370585)
AL - Do YOU like the mods you've done so far - did the come out the way you expected it to look?

See, I think it really looks "better" BUT I'm not crazy about the tails either. I would consider making them even darker but I kinda want them to be visible....:lol:

As far as the bug shield goes, I didn't get that for looks, I got that for function. Again, I'm not crazy about it but I'm even less crazy about the chips I've picked up already.:panic: Unless, I find some thing better, the bug shield stays...besides, I turned 45 today so it's about time I start looking older too!

Amber Lamps 05-08-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 370582)
You see a distinction that I don't. Oh well.:shrug:

Surprise, surprise... I seem to remember a Corvette picture or something too....:idk: It doesn't matter, I think that his opinions are valid but I'm not sure why they had to be delivered in such a harsh manner or why I had to be ridiculed in the process...:idk: Not all styles are for everyone, I know that. There are people on here that ride bikes I wouldn't even consider, are married to women that I wouldn't even talk to, and have kids that I wouldn't even pick to win a dog show but you don't see my posting about it every time they put up a pic....:lol:

Amber Lamps 05-08-2010 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 370511)
You bringing this to the rally??

I might if Pep Boys has a hitch for my car....:lol: I'm probably going to rent a truck from Enterprise. Although, Harbor Freight just lowered the price of their folding, 4x8 trailer to $259...Plus if they'll let me use the 20% coupon. Yea I know this won't be the best trailer ever but I only use one twice a year max.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370590)
Actually, I put these on here.... it had clear tail lights that you all (and I hated) when I got it.:lol: I bought these smoked tail lights to make it "better", hence the title of this thread....:wink:

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13973

Oh shit, sorry dude...then I would categorize it as a fail, in that case.

Dude, the stockers from a boneyard can't cost shit, and will do wonders for the looks (and resale) of the car.

OneSickPsycho 05-08-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370592)
My '07 Silverado was white and had a graphite interior... I would go to dark grey if I could. I've eye'd mats, seat covers, etc but :idk: I don't want to be more "Pep Boys"...

May be worth it to put out feelers to local junk yards... You should be able to get the whole interior for $1k or so... Maybe craigslist someone for a trade...

Even new they ain't that much:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/tailli...04-smoked.html

And these are neat:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sequen...lice-9604.html

Amber Lamps 05-08-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 370603)
May be worth it to put out feelers to local junk yards... You should be able to get the whole interior for $1k or so... Maybe craigslist someone for a trade...

Yea, leather seats and everything... I don't know, I think that I'd rather have the dark interior but hey maybe it's better considering where I live and the heat/sun factor.

Amber Lamps 05-08-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 370604)

Dude, seriously, I absolutely hate the stock tail lights- I think that I mentioned that. I never liked them. I've considered different tails and as I've said, I'm not in love with the ones I have but they were $100 and they are staying on the car until I find something that I absolutely love! I mainly just wanted to lose the clear Altezza lights that were on there. They combined the "Pep Boys" look with the stock look- double yuck!!! I want a "smooth"/non stepped tail light, smoked and led... What I'd really like is a light that mimics the look of Cadillac's leds. They look like there's a million separate lights in there. Oh and my tails sequence like those you posted...:idk: Red for tail and brake, yellow for turn signal.

Dnyce 05-09-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel (Post 370506)

does this shit work good? like really good? i got lucky on a clear tail for my bike for $10, and i want it to be smoked instead of clear.

now to stay on topic-yea, looks alil better. got hid's in those projectors? (looked at the pics, didnt bother reading lol) i dont like mustangs to begin with, but it looks better to me than what u started with, to answer your question. taillights are fine, probably best u can find. stock ones are hideous i agree. headlights couldve stayed stock clear since the car is white, but whatever. projectors perform better right?

TommyHotWheel 05-09-2010 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 370656)
does this shit work good? like really good? i got lucky on a clear tail for my bike for $10, and i want it to be smoked instead of clear.

Simple and easy answer...Yes.

Lon and D, take a look through this thread. Prep is the key and clear over top(even tho it says spray inside of the lens...). There are some nice results here and some good and a few not so good reviews.http://forums.corral.net/forums/show...t=night+shades

Amber Lamps 05-09-2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel (Post 370657)

Lon and D, take a look through this thread. Prep is the key and clear over top(even tho it says spray inside of the lens...). There are some nice results here and some good and a few not so good reviews.http://forums.corral.net/forums/show...t=night+shades

Thanks man! I really appreciate the positive feed back...but, I really have this love affair with being able to see and be seen!:wink: I've seen tail lights done with N.S. and you can barely see the lights during the day.:idk: I'm still considering it though, just for the tails. One good thing about the LEDs, they are f-ing bright son! So I may be able to sacrifice some portion of function to form. We'll see, they sell that stuff right here at Advance Auto and Reilly's. There's also the matter of the effort.... boo, hiss!:lol: I have about $7,000 into this car and plan to trade it on a new body style within two years or so...

azoomm 05-09-2010 09:30 AM

Hey, I thank you for having smoked lights that still function. I hate it when someone goes for a look, only to completely compromise safety in the process.

Amber Lamps 05-09-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 370681)
Hey, I thank you for having smoked lights that still function. I hate it when someone goes for a look, only to completely compromise safety in the process.

Thank you! Exactly my point, I looked at those cars on the forum and I guarantee that you can't see the tail lights during the day on some of those cars. I went for "light smoke" on purpose and I'm sticking with it. Maybe, I'll get some K-Mart graphics and some blue flashing lights to make my car match what Avatard says about it.:lol:

Gas Man 05-09-2010 11:37 AM

That smoked over paint for the tails does work. did it on a car years ago. I think you can get glossy and matte finishes too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370685)
Thank you! Exactly my point, I looked at those cars on the forum and I guarantee that you can't see the tail lights during the day on some of those cars. I went for "light smoke" on purpose and I'm sticking with it. Maybe, I'll get some K-Mart graphics and some blue flashing lights to make my car match what Avatard says about it.:lol:

I dunno...maybe I am being a gear snob, but I swear I haven't seen ONE set of aftermarket tail lights that doesn't look like it belongs on an 18 year old kid's Honda Civic.

Cheapens the look of the car so much.

I'm with Karl, and the very first response in this thread: Stock FTW.

Gas Man 05-09-2010 12:16 PM

STOCK IS STOCK

therefore it sucks

I wouldn't go back to stock, just cover it up or change for different aftermarket.

I do agree on the "18 yr old civic" comment being a bad thing.

azoomm 05-09-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370685)

Doooooo eeeeeeet

Homeslice 05-09-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 370724)
STOCK IS STOCK

therefore it sucks

I wouldn't go back to stock, just cover it up or change for different aftermarket.

I do agree on the "18 yr old civic" comment being a bad thing.

So stock sucks on ANY car (I disagree), or just the Mustang? :scratch:

TommyHotWheel 05-09-2010 03:05 PM

I have seen some of the cars in that thread and while dim, you can see the lights. Its all about prep work and light coats. I also know that they were done over stock bulbs and that when done over L.E.D. lights the look is very cool, I will look later to see if I can find some pics.

t-homo 05-09-2010 03:16 PM

mpsautosalvage.com specializes in wrecked mustangs. I've never gotten anything from them, but i've only heard good things.

racedoll 05-09-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 370681)

I completely agree with this. I HATE when I can't see brake lights either because the douche bag doesn't check that s/he has lights out (any light for that matter) or because they are so blacked out.

Gas Man 05-09-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 370738)
So stock sucks on ANY car (I disagree), or just the Mustang? :scratch:

Um... ok.

I'm just razzin AL

Tig, I don't don't know what the aversion is that you seem to have to the stock tail lights...this is, after all, a fucking Mustang we're talking about, and in the world of automotive design, the three vertical bars on the tail lights of a 'Stang are about as iconic as shit gets.

I gave you a link to some fresh, smoked stock designs...they'd even integrate well with the headlights you got there...but the tail lights on a 'Stang are just one of those things that if you fuck with it, it never quite looks right. You don't paint a smile on the Mona Lisa, because the mouth is what's special about that painting...dig? The lights are a defining character aspect of the Mustang's design. I can see refining it, massaging it, tweaking it a tad...but abandoning the iconic "3 vertical bar" thing is a vulgar move, and will never quite look "right" (again, strictly this man's opinion).

Gas Man 05-09-2010 04:59 PM

Ok its hard to argue with that!

Bam:

http://customerpics.americanmuscle.c...49080&id=16091

Quote:

These Raxiom Smoked Tail Lights make the stock factory taillights look like your kid sisters bicycle reflectors.
$129.99 (pair)

Amber Lamps 05-09-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 370784)
Tig, I don't don't know what the aversion is that you seem to have to the stock tail lights...this is, after all, a fucking Mustang we're talking about, and in the world of automotive design, the three vertical bars on the tail lights of a 'Stang are about as iconic as shit gets.

I gave you a link to some fresh, smoked stock designs...they'd even integrate well with the headlights you got there...but the tail lights on a 'Stang are just one of those things that if you fuck with it, it never quite looks right. You don't paint a smile on the Mona Lisa, because the mouth is what's special about that painting...dig? The lights are a defining character aspect of the Mustang's design. I can see refining it, massaging it, tweaking it a tad...but abandoning the iconic "3 vertical bar" thing is a vulgar move, and will never quite look "right" (again, strictly this man's opinion).

And I don't know what your aversion is to mine... I'm guessing they are the same.

Do you really think that I didn't see smoked stock tails? Do I seem like someone who needs help finding accessories? Don't I have the right to my tastes and opinions? You talk as if I don't have the right to change the "iconic" look of my property. I've stood up for right to your opinion but why do you have to be so insulting and demeaning? At any rate, I'm not in love with these tails either but they are much better that what came on it and they are super bright! Oh and BTW my name is amber lamps, please refer to me by my screen name.

Amber Lamps 05-09-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 370786)
Ok its hard to argue with that!

Says the man that changes everything on his hikes...

TommyHotWheel 05-09-2010 08:57 PM

Lon, I am not a big fan of that body style tail lights either, they look off to me. Here is a better post about what, how and results with this product, and if you really dont wanna be bothered with it...send them to me, I am off work all summer and I will do yours when I do my lights off of my 85.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=49605

Tinted lights...
http://www.streetfire.net/video/2007...out_204755.htm

http://www.streetfire.net/video/tint...ght_117093.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp2woPO78K8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCaQGJ-hlh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgGR5-ySY-I

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370797)
And I don't know what your aversion is to mine... I'm guessing they are the same.

Do you really think that I didn't see smoked stock tails? Do I seem like someone who needs help finding accessories? Don't I have the right to my tastes and opinions? You talk as if I don't have the right to change the "iconic" look of my property. I've stood up for right to your opinion but why do you have to be so insulting and demeaning? At any rate, I'm not in love with these tails either but they are much better that what came on it and they are super bright! Oh and BTW my name is amber lamps, please refer to me by my screen name.

Dude, I won't refer to you at all, ok? Forgive the intrusion.

Switch 05-09-2010 09:56 PM

Dear Lord in heaven, those are hideous tail lights.

Amber Lamps 05-09-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennessee Stud (Post 370860)
Dear Lord in heaven, those are hideous tail lights.

Hahaha!!! I don't love them either...

Amber Lamps 05-09-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel (Post 370843)
Lon, I am not a big fan of that body style tail lights either, they look off to me. Here is a better post about what, how and results with this product, and if you really dont wanna be bothered with it...send them to me, I am off work all summer and I will do yours when I do my lights off of my 85.

Okay bro if you really want to do it but the tails are pretty smoke. The sun was shining directly at them in my pics... let me know when you want to do it. Thanks.

Dnyce 05-10-2010 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel (Post 370657)

looks good when, as u say, its done right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel (Post 370843)

i will totally take u up on that if i havent already done it and u wana do it

TommyHotWheel 05-10-2010 04:01 AM

Gotta send them to me quick and since I dont have your car or bike, I will be guessing as to the darkness of the tint. I have surgery on the 7th of June. If you are serious, PM me and we will set it up.

z06boy 05-10-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 370404)
They are still functional.;)

Agreed

Gas Man 05-11-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 370799)
Says the man that changes everything on his hikes...

Not true...

Amber Lamps 05-11-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 371624)
Not true...

Show me a stock light on your bike...

Gas Man 05-12-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 371636)
Show me a stock light on your bike...

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...816984401a.jpg

Amber Lamps 05-12-2010 08:31 PM

dang okay you don't modify stuff....

Gas Man 05-12-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 372039)
dang okay you don't modify stuff....

I do... very much so. But I did well proving myself didn't I?

Amber Lamps 05-12-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 372092)
I do... very much so. But I did well proving myself didn't I?

Aw you just haven't installed the new one yet....:lol:

Captain Morgan 05-13-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 370563)
Actually, I remembered that thread rather specifically as I wrote...IIRC part of the problem with my design for some was that I was "tinkering" with an iconic car that is rarely modded (unlike the Mustang), and a lot weren't comfortable with even the thought of radically customizing one....I know you love to poke me, goof, but I don't poke so easy...see, my biggest peeve is hypocrisy...so you may not find me engaged in it often enough to truly satisfy your lust to bust my chops...sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 370784)
Tig, I don't don't know what the aversion is that you seem to have to the stock tail lights...this is, after all, a fucking Mustang we're talking about, and in the world of automotive design, the three vertical bars on the tail lights of a 'Stang are about as iconic as shit gets....You don't paint a smile on the Mona Lisa, because the mouth is what's special about that painting...dig? The lights are a defining character aspect of the Mustang's design. I can see refining it, massaging it, tweaking it a tad...but abandoning the iconic "3 vertical bar" thing is a vulgar move, and will never quite look "right" (again, strictly this man's opinion).

Hypocrisy is your biggest pet peeve, huh?

Gas Man 05-13-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 372101)
Aw you just haven't installed the new one yet....:lol:

Nah... I wont be cause I have none. I won't changing the tail lights....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 372104)
Hypocrisy is your biggest pet peeve, huh?

Yes, in case you didn't catch it, I identified that fact that both modifications had to do with iconic cars. I'm aware that others didn't like me doing it (in the rendering I submitted previously), and I'm also pointing out why so many people (myself included) don't like the non-stock tail lights, and yes, it's for the same reason, and yes I'm aware.

But...how am I a hypocrite, however? Can you explain that?