Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   First go with an I-talian... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15819)

TYEster 07-31-2010 09:20 PM

First go with an I-talian...

2 Attachment(s)
I decided 4 bikes in the garage weren't enough. And I've owned ALMOST everything else in the 2 wheel world. So what the hell, you only live once...

Adeptus_Minor 07-31-2010 10:06 PM

You could still use "Just one more" :D

Nice bike, Tye
I've always loved Mille's, just not enough to spend on one. :wink:

Dave 07-31-2010 10:09 PM

Oooh want. How do you like it?

TYEster 07-31-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 397422)
You could still use "Just one more" :D

Nice bike, Tye
I've always loved Mille's, just not enough to spend on one. :wink:

Actually if now that I think about it, I never owned a mini-bike so that's next on the list. And this really wasn't that much. Didn't even have to sell my motard for it. I mean, ya it lacks some of the trick factory parts, but those can easily be found in good condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 397424)
Oooh want. How do you like it?

It's pretty awesome. It feels... "different". It's not the same old ninja/cbr/gsxr kinda bike. The motor is the biggest part. It's weird feeling like an overpowered cruiser motor dressed in sportbike plastics. It's got an awesome feel to it, the tank cups your legs so you can hang on with that, the power delivery is relatively smooth above 4k RPM(below it rattles) it handles great for it's claimed weight(heaviest in class) and I think it looks the tits. 04 with 13k mi and I don't even see a rock chip in paint. Either it's got a lasting fit and finish or the guy never "rode" it.

Dave 08-01-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 397444)
Actually if now that I think about it, I never owned a mini-bike so that's next on the list. And this really wasn't that much. Didn't even have to sell my motard for it. I mean, ya it lacks some of the trick factory parts, but those can easily be found in good condition.

It's pretty awesome. It feels... "different". It's not the same old ninja/cbr/gsxr kinda bike. The motor is the biggest part. It's weird feeling like an overpowered cruiser motor dressed in sportbike plastics. It's got an awesome feel to it, the tank cups your legs so you can hang on with that, the power delivery is relatively smooth above 4k RPM(below it rattles) it handles great for it's claimed weight(heaviest in class) and I think it looks the tits. 04 with 13k mi and I don't even see a rock chip in paint. Either it's got a lasting fit and finish or the guy never "rode" it.

gotta be honest i keep wondering about dumping my blade for one, 04's have been getting very temptingly priced lately. of course my issue is alway going from lightest in class to heaviest :lol: any mods done to that one? evo airbox? know which map its running? oh yeah, since its an 04' you checked that its the "fixed" swingarm right? :whatwhat:

TYEster 08-01-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 397463)
gotta be honest i keep wondering about dumping my blade for one, 04's have been getting very temptingly priced lately. of course my issue is alway going from lightest in class to heaviest :lol: any mods done to that one? evo airbox? know which map its running? oh yeah, since its an 04' you checked that its the "fixed" swingarm right? :whatwhat:

Just tigcraft slipon pipes and the stunter sized frame sliders to which I'll be removing because I've already hit my shin/knee's on them too many times. It's going to AF1 soon for -1 front, PC3, tune and all the airbox stuff to wake it up. The weight really isn't a big deal, I still think ALL sportbikes are too heavy, but I'm coming off 6 months of dirtbikes and a motard. The bike still handles well with it, and once I get it to the track I'll be able to make a REAL comparison to our GSXR750. But I don't think it will be a problem considering AF1 still races one aside their new RSV4. Can't suck that bad :P

And yes it has upgraded swingarm, replaced stator/clutch slave/rear brake master cylinders.

Dave 08-01-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 397483)
Just tigcraft slipon pipes and the stunter sized frame sliders to which I'll be removing because I've already hit my shin/knee's on them too many times. It's going to AF1 soon for -1 front, PC3, tune and all the airbox stuff to wake it up. The weight really isn't a big deal, I still think ALL sportbikes are too heavy, but I'm coming off 6 months of dirtbikes and a motard. The bike still handles well with it, and once I get it to the track I'll be able to make a REAL comparison to our GSXR750. But I don't think it will be a problem considering AF1 still races one aside their new RSV4. Can't suck that bad :P

And yes it has upgraded swingarm, replaced stator/clutch slave/rear brake master cylinders.

Sweet

Riceaholic 08-01-2010 03:10 PM

A buddy of mine has the same one. I really really really like riding it.

101lifts2 08-01-2010 08:24 PM

Sweet ride....I should "stop over" If I'm ever in TX so I can ride it. lol

TYEster 08-01-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 397567)
Sweet ride....I should "stop over" If I'm ever in TX so I can ride it. lol

I got ALL the toys at my house. :D

marko138 08-02-2010 10:52 AM

Killer. How does it sound?

TYEster 08-02-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 397721)
Killer. How does it sound?

You anwsered your own question. ;)

t-homo 08-02-2010 12:42 PM

great lookin bike. Only ape i've ridden was a 50cc. lol

marko138 08-02-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 397743)
You anwsered your own question. ;)

Excellent.

Cass 08-02-2010 04:23 PM

of COURSE it looks tits, it IS tits.

Congrats again man :) Can't wait to see how short I am on it :lol:

TYEster 08-02-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass (Post 397815)
of COURSE it looks tits, it IS tits.

Congrats again man :) Can't wait to see how short I am on it :lol:

You might not touch actually :lol:

The seat is REALLY wide, and Lori said her 04 Factory she basically had to side-saddle it almost at a stop because of that. And the height wasn't even set high.

That's ok, we do have a Pedrosa step here though. ;)

fnfalman 08-04-2010 09:33 PM

Congratulations!!!

Now that's a proper V-twin. Though I heard that the V-4 is pretty badass too.:lol

PS Talk to the AF1 boys about 1060-cc big bore kit.

Dave 08-04-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 398626)
Congratulations!!!

Now that's a proper V-twin. Though I heard that the V-4 is pretty badass too.:lol

Or pm amauri on aprilia forums

Homeslice 08-04-2010 10:08 PM

Nice, I had an 04 too, but silver. The paint is pretty thick compared to other bikes, and the plastic seems thicker too. I also loved how the fuel tank was plastic, so you could barely hear the gas sloshing around, unlike metal tanks. Get the suspension set up somewhere, because those bikes are really sensitive to setup. Also the rear shock might be worn out due to heat soak from the exhuast. Might want to upgrade to an Ohlins and wrap the pipe that goes next to the shock.

azoomm 08-04-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 398628)

Or, just go to AF1 since they are down the street. :lol:

Nice find man... can't wait to hear it at the track.

Dave 08-04-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 398645)

hey i dont know his location in relation to the shop :lol:

TYEster 08-04-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 398642)
Nice, I had an 04 too, but silver. The paint is pretty thick compared to other bikes, and the plastic seems thicker too. I also loved how the fuel tank was plastic, so you could barely hear the gas sloshing around, unlike metal tanks. Get the suspension set up somewhere, because those bikes are really sensitive to setup. Also the rear shock might be worn out due to heat soak from the exhuast. Might want to upgrade to an Ohlins and wrap the pipe that goes next to the shock.

It has an Ohlins rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 398626)
Congratulations!!!

Since I had talked myself into another streetbike, I looked at everything in and around my house to sell off, but I just can't swing $16k new on something *KNOCK ON WOOD* I'd have the potential to wreck. If I didn't have a new(er) truck payment, I probably would've gone all out with the Factory. And the 1060 might be ok, but I'm waiting for the 1100 kit. Go big or go home ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 398645)

I know, I'm about 2 steps away from getting arrested on it traversing the backroads. Dare I take it near town.

Dave 08-04-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 398677)
It has an Ohlins rear.

Since I had talked myself into another streetbike, I looked at everything in and around my house to sell off, but I just can't swing $16k new on something *KNOCK ON WOOD* I'd have the potential to wreck. If I didn't have a new(er) truck payment, I probably would've gone all out with the Factory. And the 1060 might be ok, but I'm waiting for the 1100 kit. Go big or go home ;)

I know, I'm about 2 steps away from getting arrested on it traversing the backroads. Dare I take it near town.

is there one in the works? :rockwoot: they were getting damn near 150 with the 1060 :whatwhat:

Homeslice 08-04-2010 11:30 PM

So someone swapped an Ohlins onto it? The stock one is Sachs, with a gold reservoir.

TYEster 08-05-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 398680)
So someone swapped an Ohlins onto it? The stock one is Sachs, with a gold reservoir.

Ya the orig/previous owner.

It's the Factory spec OEM one, along with the same Ohlins damper that came on my ZX10 too, but I'll take whatever I can get when I hit a bump at full tilt.

TYEster 08-05-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 398679)
is there one in the works? :rockwoot: they were getting damn near 150 with the 1060 :whatwhat:

One of the techs is supposed to be working on it, but officially the 1060 is all that's available.

marko138 08-05-2010 08:56 AM

Moar pics plz. The first one just isn't enough.

TYEster 08-05-2010 09:03 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This is all I have ATM, the bike is already @ AF1 for some "stuff". :P

marko138 08-05-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 398755)
This is all I have ATM, the bike is already @ AF1 for some "stuff". :P

Man, thats a good looking bike.

What be this "stuff" you speak of!?!?!?!!11?1???

Homeslice 08-05-2010 11:23 AM

For all the criticism of hydraulic clutches, I really liked the one on that. When it wasn't leaking, of course.

Dave 08-05-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 398757)
Man, thats a good looking bike.

What be this "stuff" you speak of!?!?!?!!11?1???

I believe he said evo airbox pciii and tune

z06boy 08-05-2010 11:51 AM

Just saw this...very nice man !!

TYEster 08-05-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 398864)
I believe he said evo airbox pciii and tune

And 15T or -1 front, pending what's on there now. Hoping to see if they can just switch the ECU to "map 2" over the original pre-programed emissions one, that seems to be a quick fix to new pipes.(and lots cheaper)

Cass 08-05-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 397858)
You might not touch actually :lol:

The seat is REALLY wide, and Lori said her 04 Factory she basically had to side-saddle it almost at a stop because of that. And the height wasn't even set high.

That's ok, we do have a Pedrosa step here though. ;)

:lol: yeah the wide seats don't do great things for my already short inseam

fnfalman 08-05-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 398628)

I think that it would be tough to fly Amauri out from Cali to Texas to do the bike for him.

Dave 08-06-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 399096)
I think that it would be tough to fly Amauri out from Cali to Texas to do the bike for him.

true, but i understand his advice is worth its weight in gold on tuning

caveman 08-06-2010 05:05 AM

You must not be married. If I tried to get another bike in the garage for me, the wife would tell me I would have to sleep with them and sell the everything else that I own personally. I told her I was "LOOKING" at used sport bikes for a round towner/back and forth to work bike and she nearly shit a kitten.

I wish I either had a wife as understanding as yours or you bank book which ever is better.

TYEster 08-06-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 399100)
true, but i understand his advice is worth its weight in gold on tuning

There's 2 suspension freaks around that can give ample advice, one of them local CMRA racer/owner of Road & Track Suspension. He does A TON of work for me on most of my bikes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman (Post 399104)
You must not be married. If I tried to get another bike in the garage for me, the wife would tell me I would have to sleep with them and sell the everything else that I own personally. I told her I was "LOOKING" at used sport bikes for a round towner/back and forth to work bike and she nearly shit a kitten.

I wish I either had a wife as understanding as yours or you bank book which ever is better.

That's funny, actually Skiergirl on this forum is my better half. And speaking of half, 2 of those bikes are her's. :lol: The GSXR and blue YZ250F dirtbike. We're not married, but there's no point in that "holiest of unions" if you can't have what you want out of life.

Archren 08-06-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 399118)
That's funny, actually Skiergirl on this forum is my better half. And speaking of half, 2 of those bikes are her's. :lol: The GSXR and blue YZ250F dirtbike. We're not married, but there's no point in that "holiest of unions" if you can't have what you want out of life.

Where the fuck is the applause emoticon when you need it. :lol:

TYEster 08-06-2010 06:09 PM

**Update**

Bike is skipping the airbox, getting a PCIII/Tune, +2 rear to avoid wearing the chainguard near the swingarm pivot and fixing a stator wire. Apparently it was running like dog poop, so I should be in for a world of awesome after they get the PCIII and electrical figured out cause I thought this bike already had a set of balls on it. Damn AF1 rocks!

Guess I need to get my tires in order for the upcoming H2R Shootout followed by the fall trackdays.

Dave 08-06-2010 06:32 PM

I eagerly await the second review, why skip the evo though?

TYEster 08-06-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 399291)
I eagerly await the second review, why skip the evo though?

Apparently the previous owner DID have it on, and AF1 said he got about 1/2hp out of it and most of the other setups he's seen on their dyno benefited about as much. So I'd rather save my cash for a suspension rework in the future, and once it's got a ton of miles on it, rebuild with a 1060 or 1100 if they ever complete that.

Dave 08-06-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 399297)
Apparently the previous owner DID have it on, and AF1 said he got about 1/2hp out of it and most of the other setups he's seen on their dyno benefited about as much. So I'd rather save my cash for a suspension rework in the future, and once it's got a ton of miles on it, rebuild with a 1060 or 1100 if they ever complete that.

Hmm maybe we are talking about different things

TYEster 08-06-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 399298)
Hmm maybe we are talking about different things

You asked about skipping on the evo airbox right? The previous owner had that mod and it sucked. AF1 never saw major gain out of them in conjunction with the PCIII and most of the power came directly from a retune alone, so it was money not well spent. *Or in my case money well saved for future modifications.

fnfalman 08-06-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 399302)
You asked about skipping on the evo airbox right? The previous owner had that mod and it sucked. AF1 never saw major gain out of them in conjunction with the PCIII and most of the power came directly from a retune alone, so it was money not well spent. *Or in my case money well saved for future modifications.

There may not be a big performance gain with the air box, but the intake sound is sooo sweeet!!!

Dave 08-06-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 399302)

isint that the one that seals to the top of the tank? didnt af1 develop it? something in here no makka sense

TYEster 08-06-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 399308)
isint that the one that seals to the top of the tank? didnt af1 develop it? something in here no makka sense

Ya it uses the tank as the top. No idea if AF1 created it, I'm just going by what they told me on the phone today. They'd know better than me at this point.

skiergirl 08-07-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman (Post 399104)

The more toys he buys the more I get to play with :rockout:

I don't believe there really is such a thing as 'enough bikes' anyway...When the garage gets too full we'll buy a bigger house with a 3-car..

TYEster 08-07-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiergirl (Post 399424)
The more toys he buys the more I get to play with :rockout:

I don't believe there really is such a thing as 'enough bikes' anyway...When the garage gets too full we'll buy a bigger house with a 3-car..

3 car garage = 6 bike extension ;)

TYEster 08-23-2010 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is 2wks later in the AF1 shop... Courtesy of AF1 forum.com

When it gets back I'll take some proper pics of all the workings. BTW pulled 112.8bhp on the AF1 dyno, roughly 130whp on a dynojet.

And beta testing a new solution to the infamous RSV-R stator plague. But I'm ready for it to come home.

Porkchop 08-23-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 403169)
Here it is 2wks later in the AF1 shop... Courtesy of AF1 forum.com

When it gets back I'll take some proper pics of all the workings. BTW pulled 112.8bhp on the AF1 dyno, roughly 130whp on a dynojet.

And beta testing a new solution to the infamous RSV-R stator plague. But I'm ready for it to come home.

Sooooooooo jealous man. :drool:

I want to get the 09 special edition. The lion is sick.

http://www.europeanmotorsportsinc.co...0(1)%20web.jpg

Dave 08-23-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 403188)
Sooooooooo jealous man. :drool:

http://www.europeanmotorsportsinc.co...0(1)%20web.jpg

very sick.

Porkchop 08-24-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 403222)
very sick.

I actually saw it at the 09 Cleveland bike show, and fell in love. I forgot I had pics.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7209/aprilla5.jpg
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2153/aprilla3.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1985/aprilla4.jpg

Adeptus_Minor 08-24-2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 403188)

Wow...
Yeah, I'd take that if it were offered. :dthumb:

TYEster 08-24-2010 08:09 AM

Just FYI there's one for sale...

Super sick condition.
http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/1911873654.html

tommymac 08-24-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 403248)

Super sick condition.

I have a baby on the way, I must resist temptation, not so much that just I will get thrown out if I buy another bike :lol:

Porkchop 08-24-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 403248)

Super sick condition.

If it was 6 months from now, and I was steady in my new job.... I would be all over that shit. But alas, I am still a poor college student.

TYEster 08-29-2010 04:03 PM

Here's a small test vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN8rawSdD7g

I am DYING to put this thing on the track with some good rubber. So awesome and fun.

marko138 08-30-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 404641)
Here's a small test vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN8rawSdD7g

I am DYING to put this thing on the track with some good rubber. So awesome and fun.

Sounds great.