Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Big tough NYC cops pepper spray girls in peaceful protest (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20219)

Big tough NYC cops pepper spray girls in peaceful protest

Apparently, they couldn't deal with the girls' cries of "Shame!", as they beat up a kid in the street right in front of them, so a white-shirted higher-up steps in to show his true cowardice, and peppers sprays some girls in the face, and then runs away, in order to show everyone who's boss!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...ea_elliott.php

Particle Man 09-26-2011 03:38 PM

:kidseye:

nhgunnut 09-26-2011 03:47 PM

Honestly I hope they pepper spry all those spoiled little pukes

Spoiled? Who, the shitbags of Wall St. that the girls were protesting?

Yeah, someone should pepper spray them, huh?

Hmm.

pauldun170 09-26-2011 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The fat chick in black annoyed me. Seemed like the type of person to egg on a cop and cause her own arrest.

As for the other women...they didn't deserve to get pepper sprayed when it was individuals around them being dicks.

Other wise...

OneSickPsycho 09-26-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 491473)
Honestly I hope they pepper spry all those spoiled little pukes

I wish they would have had rubber bullets.

Dave 09-26-2011 04:30 PM

Civil disobedience is still disobedience. Protesters deserve everything they get

Hmmm...ignorance from the "how soon they forget" dept.

Yeah, people should only protest against regimes you hate, right?

See: Tea Party

(wow)

Smittie61984 09-26-2011 04:35 PM

What a bunch of bitches. This flower girl took some hard core shit to the face and didn't cry about it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Uava9mGos

I long for the old days where we just beat the hell out of people...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNUHcVemZ_k

OneSickPsycho 09-26-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491485)

(wow)

Yep... that's it... or maybe we don't get the whole story based on one shitty cell phone camera and eye witness statements from people with axes to grind... maybe.

Dave 09-26-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

(wow)

I like when you grasp blindly for straws :lol: id describe that lot as useful idiots, but id still happily condem any moron in the street with a banner

I think the right to protest is extremely American, and you're a fool.

Smittie61984 09-26-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491491)

Well if they can master the "peaceably" part then they'd be on to something.

pauldun170 09-26-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 491488)
Yep... that's it... or maybe we don't get the whole story based on one shitty cell phone camera and eye witness statements from people with axes to grind... maybe.

The link has another vido with the events leading up to it

Actually paying attention FTMFW, Paul.

Trip 09-26-2011 05:24 PM

The idiots that got brought down provoked that shit. You can't come up behind cops arresting people or grab cops.

don't see any reason besides revenge/hate for the pepper spray though, that was idiotic and you can tell the other cops were completely unprepared for it. That fucker needs to be fired. Definitely looks like one of em got some of it too.

Yep. Fucking coward.

Kaneman 09-26-2011 05:30 PM

I think next time they should cut their fucking heads off with a chainsaw Zetas style. Fuck protesting!!!

Trip 09-26-2011 05:32 PM

It's funny how Americans have basically belittled protesting and protestors too crazies and hippies. Yet it is also one of our greatest moments in founding this country...

Welcome to short attention span theater.

nhgunnut 09-26-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

(wow)

Being old enough to remember when protesting meant and we accepted the risks anyway. I have no respect for these self indulgent whiners

I see no self-indulgence. The girl was very matter-of-fact, and grumbled little.

These people are using cameras, and modern media to highlight what they feel is wrong...and what is, in this case, a pretty clear case of someone being a real pussy ass coward.

I see nothing wrong with how the girl in this interview handled herself.

Got a lot of money in stocks, do we?

Smittie61984 09-26-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 491505)
Being old enough to remember when protesting meant and we accepted the risks anyway. I have no respect for these self indulgent whiners

I can't comment on what happened years ago but at my school we get at least once a month some preacher group with giant signs about how we're all going ot hell, especially the gays, and come to our "freedom of speech zone". Well what usually happens is some students who must have retard 101 classes to be able to have the time to argue with some random idiot start screaming at them.

Which is no big deal except they'll scream "you have no right to preach hate speech". They even quoted a student saying "you have a right to free speech but not hate speech" in our school newspaper. Which translates to you have a right to say what you want as long as I agree with it or it doesn't offend me.

Despite the idiocy of the preachers, they never ever tell others they don't have a right to do what they do. They are just warning of what they feel are the consequences of their actions.

What I'm getting at is I'm curious if the protesters of before (and I'd even say before the 20th century) had more respect for others.

Dave 09-27-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491491)

:gayk:

http://poopnugget.com/files/bag-o-dicks.jpg

Dave 09-27-2011 12:51 AM

http://8packabs.com/wp-content/uploa...1/07/fruit.jpg

http://poopnugget.com/files/loser.jpg

101lifts2 09-27-2011 02:24 AM

Looks like they poked the bear and the bear got pissed.

While I enjoy the freedom to protest, peaceful means not yelling your head off at the cops.

Now the spray was overdone.

Bigger bear may be even more pissed.

Anonymous Leaks Personal Details of Cop Who Pepper-Sprayed Wall Street Protesters

Particle Man 09-27-2011 07:20 AM

Oh shit...

Trip 09-27-2011 07:46 AM

ha ha, interwebz lolz

Dave 09-27-2011 08:17 AM

Newt Gingrich has been remarkably quiet on the subject. Willing to bet its not really anon

Kaneman 09-27-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 491560)
While I enjoy the freedom to protest, peaceful means not yelling your head off at the cops.

No, that's actually not at all what peaceful means. It means you didn't cut his head off and mount it on a pole.

Tmall 09-27-2011 12:17 PM

His name is Tony Bologna...

tommymac 09-27-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 491592)
His name is Tony Bologna...

So is the ins agent who my bikes are insured under :lol:

OneSickPsycho 09-27-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 491593)
So is the ins agent who my bikes are insured under :lol:

My ex-landlord was Mary A. Large-Beaver. No bullshit...

tommymac 09-27-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 491594)
My ex-landlord was Mary A. Large-Beaver. No bullshit...

my ex LL was just a large asshole :lol:

Little wrap up fo ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgr3DiqWYCI

Hydrant 09-27-2011 08:52 PM

Lawrence O'Donnell no bias there.

Wheres the Rachel Maddow video?

I'm sure he's just on top of it as far as the whole story. If there is one. It usually seems the cameras when the cops show up, but they somehow forget to record for the reason the cops show up.

Talk about fucking bias.

Hey, your ignorance is showing. Someone didn't watch the video.

Go run along and play hide and go fuck yourself, won't you? Take your stupid fucking biases with you (the ones that prevent you from even peeping other viewpoints).

Asshole.

OneSickPsycho 09-27-2011 09:45 PM

You know you're making good points when Av starts with the four letter words and impressive name calling... You know you've won when he starts ignoring your posts or completely ignore the thread when it's a slam dunk. A couple more and maybe we'll get there on this thread...

Get where? To impossible ignorance? Incredible stupidity?

He made no point at all. He made a point of being a shithead (as are you), and not even watching the video (which is comprised mostly of a lot of video shot actually at the conflict).

As has come up here so many times, the root of the entire conflict (if you were a non-penis, and actually watched the fucking thing), is that "old chestnut" of cops just not liking being filmed. That's why they busted the kid on his head in the street, and that's why they sprayed the girls, and ran away.

They're pussies, who are ashamed of themselves, and know they look bad, because they are bad.

And you should be ashamed too, for blindly, and stupidly defending their actions (without even really educating yourself about it, no less).

You really couldn't be any more of a truly stupid douchebag, could you?

OneSickPsycho 09-27-2011 10:47 PM

I think we're getting closer...

No, you've gotten there. You're as dumb as a fucking stump.

The sad thing is, you defend remaining ignorant.

That's the new thing now, isn't it? Anti-intellectualism.

You're that, fo sho, stud.

No mistaking you for intelligent now, huh?

Dave 09-27-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491700)
Hey, your ignorance is showing. Someone didn't watch the video.

Go run along and play hide and go fuck yourself, won't you? Take your stupid fucking biases with you (the ones that prevent you from even peeping other viewpoints).

Asshole.

says the guy quoting the village voice :lmao:

It's a national story now, idiot.

Voice covers it first, because it's a NY paper.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Dave 09-27-2011 11:02 PM

hey,

yer cute ;)

101lifts2 09-28-2011 01:30 AM

lol...thread is funny

I'm glad for the internet posting shit like this, because you know the NYPD isn't going to tell the truth. Cops cover shit up left and right, making the good cops look bad, because the shitty cops are never weeded out. Very unfortunate.

tommymac 09-28-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 491723)
lol...thread is funny

I'm glad for the internet posting shit like this, because you know the NYPD isn't going to tell the truth. Cops cover shit up left and right, making the good cops look bad, because the shitty cops are never weeded out. Very unfortunate.

A bunch in NY are about to, I think 17 just got indicted on a ticket fixing scandal.

OneSickPsycho 09-28-2011 07:16 AM

Hook, line, and sinker... Every fucking time... It's just too easy... Dance monkey dance! :lmao:

Kaneman 09-28-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 491729)
Hook, line, and sinker... Every fucking time... It's just too easy... Dance monkey dance! :lmao:

Is he the monkey, or is it the people ignoring the subject in order to make an effort getting someone riled up?

askmrjesus 09-28-2011 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 491749)
Is he the monkey, or is it the people ignoring the subject in order to make an effort getting someone riled up?

JC

Kaneman 09-28-2011 09:41 AM

:lol: Its like when I go to the Orangutan exhibit at the Fort Worth Zoo and I watch the people make stupid faces and noises, swing their arms around wildly and throw things into the exhibit. Meanwhile the Orangutan clan just sits and looks up at the people, seemingly very bored with all this absurd behavior.

OneSickPsycho 09-28-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

If it took any effort, we'd be the monkeys...

The devil's advocate position is important to ensure biases are vetted... something AV routinely ignores... what's worse is when he's proven wrong or the opposing argument is relatively strong, he'll just ignore it completely... either flagrantly by continuing to post in a thread and not acknowledging the argument or by dipping out of the thread completely.

And yes, it's fun to watch him get going... sometimes he says something relatively amusing, but otherwise it's just entertaining to get his goat...

Smittie61984 09-28-2011 10:30 AM

I watched the whole raw videos and this is what I noticed. First guy (I think it was a guy) was on the other side of taht orange thing that said "police line, do not cross". Also the shitty ass footage looked like it was filmed on a calculator. Someone could have thrown a Bugs Bunny style bomb and we wouldn't be able to tell if it was a beach ball or a bomb until it went off. You know they have Iphones and Ipads with HD video plus that one woman who had a $1000 (from a company that sells stock on Wall St) 1080p capable camcorder that I'd love to have.

Anyways the camera person who was taken down was also on the other side of that magical orange barrier that said do not cross. I couldn't tell much from the annoying "shame, shame, shame, shame, shame" chant those drones spit out but it looked pretty chaotic especially since the cops were having to manually hold up the barricade that was probably placed prior to the protester arrrivals. Why is the barricade down now?

Also I get you have a right to peaceably assemble and petition but why are we leaving off a very important end part. (hint: it starts with Governmen and ends with t) http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Now of course they have the right to free speech but I'm curious what kind of danger they may have put the individuals who work on Wall St. Were they spitting at them? Were they throwing stuff at them? Were they threatening them? You're crossing the line there when you are harming or threatening others.

Should the cops have sprayed those women? Didn't look like it and they should be investigated. Were they a fully peaceful protest like that MSNBC twat made it out to be? Well if a small Tea Party group acted like that, they'd have a NY Times front page spot reserved just for them.

Trip 09-28-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 491771)
Well if a small Tea Party group acted like that, they'd have a NY Times front page spot reserved just for them.

Any time a black guy walks passed the Tea Party, they shout all kinds of racist statements them even though the enormous video collection of the black guy walking by has no audio record of such statements.

OneSickPsycho 09-28-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 491775)
Any time a black guy walks passed the Tea Party, they shout all kinds of racist statements them even though the enormous video collection of the black guy walking by has no audio record of such statements.

Proof is for pussies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 491729)

You don't make me dance, you make me annoyed that anyone can be that ignorant. In reality though, you could die a painful death, and I wouldn't really care about you, so I guess your ignorance really only harms you, and I probably shouldn't let it affect me. Enjoy it.

If it's a joke to you, and you think I amuse you, I can assure it won't happen again. You're on my ignore. Not my list. I don't use an ignore list. As I've done before, I will just ignore YOU, as a human, because you're a stupid human; you say only stupid things, you don't enhance the discussion, only disrupt it.

I have no tolerance for stupidity, real or fake. You can comment on my posts, even troll them. You won't, however, ever engage me in conversation again. I can recall no comment or information from you that I ever found interesting, notable, intelligent, helpful, or positive.

Hope you find all that equally as funny. Enjoy your ignorance alone. I won't dance for you anymore. Now, I'll just watch you dance; perhaps try your best to rile me...and then I'll just sit back and laugh.

Last laugh? Mine. You get to be ignorant alone. Now you dance for me. Dance, stupid white boy.

tommymac 09-28-2011 11:38 AM

This cant be THAT big of a deal becasue good ole rev al sharpton isnt all over it yet, we al lknow he loves to take shots at NYPD esp if theres a lawsuit he can make soem money off of.

Smittie61984 09-28-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 491803)
This cant be THAT big of a deal becasue good ole rev al sharpton isnt all over it yet, we al lknow he loves to take shots at NYPD esp if theres a lawsuit he can make soem money off of.

I didn't notice any black people involved. Plus I think he's been busy lately with that Troy Davis guy who got lethal injection. He knows his only validity is by throwing the race card and you can't do that for dyke pasty white chicks.

askmrjesus 09-28-2011 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh the drama....:lol:

JC

No drama :shrug: Just recalibrating my mental "stupid filter".

People think they upset me with stupid shit like this. Ooooh....someone's stupid on the Internet.

Geez, if that upset me, I'd be a wreck.

I'll just converse with those who wish to have intelligent discourse...and ignore the stupid. leaving them out of the conversation.

It's like when adults are trying to talk, and children are chattering at nonsense. You learn to ignore it.

Eventually, the children run off, and go play at something else.

tommymac 09-28-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 491811)
I didn't notice any black people involved. Plus I think he's been busy lately with that Troy Davis guy who got lethal injection. He knows his only validity is by throwing the race card and you can't do that for dyke pasty white chicks.

I think hes done with that, he is going after them for the lady who got shot at the caribean day parade. he will rep the pasty white chicks to look less racist. He represented the guy who was allegedly sodomized by the cops for jumping a turnstile.

shmike 09-28-2011 11:55 AM

Good job, OSP.

Real nice...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 491811)
I didn't notice any black people involved.

It's not a racist issue. It's a cops being dicks issue. There was no race involvement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 491816)
Good job, OSP.

Real nice...

He tried to cover for his ignorance (once again, he shot his mouth off without reading properly, or even viewing the vid). When I called him on it, he tried to deflect, and pretend it was all done to rile me.

But...you can't hide stupid.

Stupid people will be heretofore ignored.

:lmao:

shmike 09-28-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491817)
It's not a racist issue. It's a cops being dicks issue. There was no race involvement.

That was his point.

Trip 09-28-2011 12:04 PM

I think Av missed the part where Al Sharpton was brought up.

I think someone just assumed it was a racist issue because I referred to someone a dumb white boy.

Trip 09-28-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491821)
I think someone just assumed it was a racist issue because I referred to someone a dumb white boy.

See post about Al Sharpton...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 491820)
I think Av missed the part where Al Sharpton was brought up.

After Brawley, I find it hard to take anything the man says seriously.

I know people have a short attention span, because I still see his talking head on TV sometimes...but not me. He could have a great point, but it would be lost on me, because at least with me, he's lost all cred.

Quote:

It's someone stupid trying to deflect.

Didn't work - just made me go back to ignoring all he says.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 491488)

See? He makes reference to one video (there were many, he didn't follow links, or read properly). After he dug in, it was probably hard to change position, so it became instead a game of taunt, in order to deflect from his stupidity.

Sorry, it still reads as stupid.

:rolleyes:

Children. They really should sit at the small table, and let the adults have a proper conversation.

OneSickPsycho 09-28-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Good job, OSP.

Real nice...

It's so predictable that it's almost not any fun anymore... Then there's a response which demonstrates just how much I get under his skin and it's TOTALLY fun again... The truth is, we'd probably get along if he'd actually consider the other side to every story he posts, but he fails to ask questions, fails to consider any other possiblity outside his own bias, and then comes back with childish personal attacks rather than defending his stance... then he ignores it... just like he's doing now. It's absolutely pathetic and I enjoy watching him fester in these situations... every time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491818)
He tried to cover for his ignorance (once again, he shot his mouth off without reading properly, or even viewing the vid). When I called him on it, he tried to deflect, and pretend it was all done to rile me.

But...you can't hide stupid.

Stupid people will be heretofore ignored.

:lmao:

Ah yes, nobody could have an opposing viewpoint, nobody could play devil's advocate to foster the discussion... it all must be ignorance or stupidity... I guess that's why you always ignore valid points and proof of the opposing viewpoint when your argument fails... because WE'RE the one's who are stupid.

It's gotta be a lonely place where you live... Alas, I'm being ignored... darn. I guess my fun times are done goading you into these little outbursts is over... I guess I'll just have to watch it happen with everyone else who does the same thing to you, which is equally entertaining. Then I guess you'll igore them too at some point... and maybe you'll leave the site. I'm pretty sure Trip will have to shut this place down because you're the only source of logic, reason, and unbiased fact... Or maybe you'll forget about this in a few days and we'll be doing this little dance again...

http://mindlesscomfort.files.wordpre...ntertained.jpg

OneSickPsycho 09-28-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491824)
It's someone stupid trying to deflect.

Didn't work - just made me go back to ignoring all he says.

Dude, you've already quoted me after saying you were going to ignore me TWICE! :lol:

You can't even hold out for an hour! I'm like a fucking drug to you man! :lmao:

OneSickPsycho 09-28-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Good job, OSP.

Real nice...

Should have parlayed that bet... :lol

Trip 09-28-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491823)

I know people have a short attention span, because I still see his talking head on TV sometimes...but not me. He could have a great point, but it would be lost on me, because at least with me, he's lost all cred.

Tommy is the one that made the crack about Sharpton. Then Smittie said there were no black people involved.

OSP, nice try. You weren't being devil's anything. You just (as usual) took an automatic opposing viewpoint to me, made all kinds of assumptions, and didn't even seek to see what the story was really about, before you had a knee-jerk, ignorant response...that's all.

It's the cover-up that looks so childish, bro.

I forgive you, ok? Don't be sad. You didn't really upset me.

I don't take conversations on the Internet very seriously, bro...it's just a way for me to blow off steam, and let F-bombs fly about the shit that riles me.

askmrjesus 09-28-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491835)
OSP, nice try. You weren't being devil's anything. You just (as usual) took an automatic opposing viewpoint to me, made all kinds of assumptions, and didn't even seek to see what the story was really about, before you had a knee-jerk, ignorant response...that's all.

I don't take conversations on the Internet very seriously, bro...it's just a way for me to blow off steam, and let F-bombs fly about the shit that riles me.

Dude, you totally suck at the ignoring people thing. :lol:

JC

tommymac 09-28-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491823)

I feel the same way about him, he kinda regained some credibility in the 90's but then went back to the same old nonsense, an dhe was the worst withthe Sean bell thing mugging for the camera and positioning himself for a windfall from the lawsuit. And now hes doing it with that lady who got shot, the daughter went to him and is posing with him, shes past caring that her mother got shot and is looking for a payday from the city

OneSickPsycho 09-28-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491835)

Actually, taking the opposing viewpoint for the sake of taking an opposing viewpoint is the definition of playing devil's advocate.

I guess we can both agree that I'm as addictive as crack... I just wonder if I'm more of a head buzz, a body buzz, a hallucinogen, or some combination of the three... I'd like to think I'm a mellow head buzz, with intense colors, and a nearly incapacitating body buzz...

Regardless, I guess it's pretty easy to fall off the wagon with me coursing through your veins...

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 491836)
Dude, you totally suck at the ignoring people thing. :lol:

JC

I guess you forgot the time I ignored Dave for so long, he actually thought I had him on my ignore list (I don't have one).

Smittie61984 09-28-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 491837)
I feel the same way about him, he kinda regained some credibility in the 90's but then went back to the same old nonsense,

You're not talking about when he (or was it Jesse) went to Bosnia and got those POWs? That was Bosnia really wanting to stick it to America.

tommymac 09-28-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 491840)
You're not talking about when he (or was it Jesse) went to Bosnia and got those POWs? That was Bosnia really wanting to stick it to America.

jesse went to Bosnia, Al kinda kept his mouth shut for a while and got a little more mainstream for a bit then went back to his old nonsense. A lot of people find it funny how he wont do any real community work to help with all the violence but the second NYPD screws up hes all over it.

I have another rule that Sharpton fails. The "never trust a man with funny hair" rule.

That goes for crazy homies like Al as well as those cracker-azz Southern Senators with dead animals on their heads.

I call it my "What do you wash that with, 'Gee your hair looks suspicious'?" rule-of-thumb.

askmrjesus 09-28-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491839)
I guess you forgot the time I ignored Dave for so long, he actually thought I had him on my ignore list (I don't have one).

Forget?

Oh hell no. I make it a point to keep track of any time you ignore somebody on the interweb, on account of how uber-fucking fascinating it is.

It's really quite spellbinding.

JC

Good. It would appear I'm here for everyone's amusement, then.

That's me. See Avatar(d).

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 491838)
Actually, taking the opposing viewpoint for the sake of taking an opposing viewpoint is the definition of playing devil's advocate.

[Python]That's not an argument, that's just contradiction[/Python]

I get the Devil's Advocate thing. I do it myself.

I just wish you'd do it more for insightful reasons, and less for merely incite-full reasons. It would surely make for better discussion.

:shrug:

fasternyou929 09-28-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491875)
[Python]That's not an argument, that's just contradiction[/Python]

I get the Devil's Advocate thing. I do it myself.

I just wish you'd do it more for insightful reasons, and less for merely incite-full reasons. It would surely make for better discussion.

Maybe if your mind wasn't closed tighter than a steel bear trap, trying to be insightful with you wouldn't be an excercise in futility. Like it or not, OSP nailed your MO play-by-play. Once someone has seen it a few hundred times your next move is easier to predict than the end of a porn scene.

And you calling someone out for being inciteful is slightly less ridiculous than Speed Addiction slamming anybody for dishonesty.

Homeslice 09-28-2011 05:55 PM

Haven't bothered to watch the news about this particular non-story, but I'll comment anyways.....

What's the point of a protest on Wall Street? Do the protestors even have a specific agenda or specific complaint? Or is it just "It's not right for people to make big money while we're stuck working at Panera Bread"

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 491880)
Maybe if your mind wasn't closed tighter than a steel bear trap, trying to be insightful with you wouldn't be an excercise in futility. Like it or not, OSP nailed your MO play-by-play. Once someone has seen it a few hundred times your next move is easier to predict than the end of a porn scene.

And you calling someone out for being inciteful is slightly less ridiculous than Speed Addiction slamming anybody for dishonesty.

What the fuck are you talking about? I often post shit, and don't comment for two pages. Sometimes I agree with the article, sometimes I don't. Most of the time, I sit back and let others comment a bit first, as I'm here for discussion, not to preach.

Oddly, however, I can count on one of four people stumbling into nearly every thread, and saying something not only stupid, but that which shows they didn't even really pay any attention to the subject.

WTF are you here for then? Yeah. That pisses me off, because I'm here for discussion.

This makes me a bad guy? Whatever. I don't get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 491883)
Haven't bothered to watch the news about this particular non-story, but I'll comment anyways.....

What's the point of a protest on Wall Street? Do the protestors even have a specific agenda or specific complaint? Or is it just "It's not right for people to make big money while we're stuck working at Panera Bread"

Actually, that's one of the oddities of their "movement", apparently.

Nobody really knows what they're "against" or who they're blaming, and exactly for what. There seems to be no consensus.

What the "story" really is here, is the Police being assholes about people with cameras...again.

As the video I posted stated, the really sad thing is that most cops there are really the nation's finest, and comported themselves remarkably professionally. A few bad apples, some real cowards, were the "star of the show" here. A very sad display of unprofessionalism, and an embarrassment to NYC, IMHO as well.

On the subject of filming the police, and why it should be done

Case in point:

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...incident.shtml

pauldun170 09-29-2011 09:49 AM

From what I gather..
The Wall Street protest is:
1% protest
99% "I want to be part of something" (aka I have some free time on my hands and maybe it will be fun....)

Its reminds me of Glee.
"All the mean jocks (bankers) dont like us so we are going to go sing and then everyone will like us."

shmike 09-29-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 491938)
Its reminds me of Glee.

Fag.

pauldun170 09-29-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 491939)
Fag.

:lol

So far the only people I've known to be glee fans are high school girls and people who want to be high school girls (whether that be an actual high school girl, college chick...soccer mom..or dude)

Smittie61984 09-29-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 491942)
:lol

So far the only people I've known to be glee fans are high school girls and people who want to be high school girls (whether that be an actual high school girl, college chick...soccer mom..or dude)

I thought Glee was like American Idol except for people with slightly more talent.

Kaneman 09-29-2011 11:18 AM

Man, all jokes aside. Fuck you if you support this kind of thing, fuck you big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OYIV...layer_embedded

Thanks, Josh. I posted that shit on page 4, but this thread oddly became about something else for a time. Thanks for posting that again for clarity, in case anyone missed it in the melee.

Kaneman 09-29-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 491953)
Thanks, Josh. I posted that shit on page 4, but this thread oddly became about something else for a time. Thanks for posting that again for clarity, in case anyone missed it in the melee.

That's what it seemed like to me... :lol: