Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Apple without Steve (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21742)

Trip 09-12-2012 03:22 PM

Apple without Steve

New iPhone amazing NEW features rant I saw. Pretty funny and definitely true. They have lost the smoothness angle with the introduction of Jelly Bean. iOS6 has had some weird bugs and they dropped Google Maps for a not quite ready Apple Maps and now they are just putting out blatant lies about being the worlds thinnest smartphone which is held by the crazy thin Oppo Finder at 6.65mm.

I was really debating picking one up, but now I am not sure. Apple is falling behind fast, there only option is to sue and stop Google.

Quote:

OK, so let's go over every feature and see if Apple literally did ANYTHING new:
4-inch screen - lol no
5 rows of icons - lol no
Thinnest phone ever - not even factually correct
A6 processor - HTC One X and SIII say hi
LTE - lol no
Panorama mode/8 megapixel camera - lol no
1080p video recording - lol no
Smaller dock connector - lolol no
GPS turn-by-turn (walking, public transit) - Google Maps lol
iCloud tabs - Chrome desktop sync lol
Fullscreen Safari - All sorts of browsers lol no
Sharing photos - lol no
Siri movie and sports - Google Now lol no
SMS when you can't take a call - lolololol super no

LITERALLY NOTHING NEW, I mean literally not a single fucking new feature that Android doesn't already do and likely better in many cases. This quite frankly blew so far below my already minimal expectations I'm just dumb-founded. Not even ONE NEW FEATURE? Incredible.

No NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, micro-USB, widgets, SD storage, notification LED, etc. I shouldn't be so happy to see Apple putting out such a fail product but I am. It really is incredible how far Google, Samsung, and HTC have blown past Apple the last couple years.

Sixxxxer 09-12-2012 04:15 PM

Yep, I'll be hanging on to my Iphone4 Saving some money and enjoying my life just the same as I have been for years now.

Phones are becoming to fucking annoying...Does it make a call? Yes, Can i text someone and send them pictures? Yes...

Works for me!

udman 09-12-2012 05:49 PM

I liked this response

Quote:

jesus h christmas. Soooo many haters. Do people honestly expect there to be an incredible, revolutionary idea EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR? It is flat out unrealistic, and also just completely silly in a business sense. This is where technology is hurting our culture in general because idiots think EVERYTHING happens instantly. Back here in reality, ideas as groundbreaking and revolutionary as the original iPhone take time to cultivate and develop; they don't just materialize out of nowhere because we want them to. It is going to take some truly extraordinary to unseat the iPhone as the next big thing–at least as far as regular consumers go.
Shut up and be happy that we got some great upgrades-most of which everyone was complaining about and hoping for. This is another solid upgrade of this world changing product and thats that. The iPod touch wrist strap on the other hand.......yikes.

Trip 09-12-2012 06:38 PM

Every one of their big features though is copied from Android. Android did the Panorama thing as a big update with it being built into ICS. Apple fans laughed at it. Now that Apple has done it, they are all creaming their pants about how awesome panorama photos are...

Everything they did has been done with this update has been done by Android. Who is copying who?

Also the new iPod Nano, look at the Nokia Lumia. Look famaliar? lolz

They praised the design of the Lumia for not being a iphone copy in the Samsung trial and then they go and copy it? Oops....

It is a good upgrade for last year and that's when it should of come out instead of the 4s.

Apoc 09-12-2012 07:59 PM

I still prefer the simplicity and functionality of my iphone to any droid phone i've used.

fasternyou929 09-12-2012 08:05 PM

You can hate all you want, but how often is the success of a handheld device measured by its contributions to the United States GDP?

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...raise-gdp.html

Love it or hate it, that's one hell of a yard stick to measure success.

Trip 09-12-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 519657)
You can hate all you want, but how often is the success of a handheld device measured by its contributions to the United States GDP?

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...raise-gdp.html

Love it or hate it, that's one hell of a yard stick to measure success.

Oh, it's going to sell like fucking flapjacks in gatlinburg. No question there at all.

They have just gone from a leader driving the industry to being a follower.

Trip 09-12-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 519656)
I still prefer the simplicity and functionality of my iphone to any droid phone i've used.

Have you used the new ones? They function pretty much the same, which is why they are suing each other. :lol:

Sixxxxer 09-12-2012 08:42 PM

They all copy one another to be honest...They should just make one big fucking company and all sell the same goddamn phone.

I've had Panoramic Photo's on my Iphone 4 since I've owned it...And the app I use stiches them together pretty goddamn good...That's not really something I'd upgrade my phone and spend like 300 dollars for. Nor do I have a desire to have 1080p video capability, I'm happy with my screen size...and when I want a bigger screen...I use my laptop which SHITS on what any phone can do because honestly? I HATE Browsing on my phone.

Actually, I think anyone who drops this kind of coin to get a new phone is a fucking idiot...And people really have there priorities fucked up. Spend 300 to 500 dollars on a new phone that doesnt really do THAT much more than the current Iphone...Is just dumb to me.

azoomm 09-12-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 519644)
Yep, I'll be hanging on to my Iphone4 Saving some money and enjoying my life just the same as I have been for years now.

Phones are becoming to fucking annoying...Does it make a call? Yes, Can i text someone and send them pictures? Yes...

Works for me!

This.

I'm OK holding onto mine until the next one comes out. So far, I'm pleased with my move to iPhone. My bank, insurance company, law firm, and partners all have apps for iPhone and do not for Android. So, staying with Android wasn't an option.

I am more than relieved the new one isn't super shiny awesomness.

derf 09-12-2012 11:20 PM

looks like HTC and samsung are gonna be playing the patent game with LTE

http://androidandme.com/2012/09/smar...ng-lte-patents

Rangerscott 09-13-2012 01:12 PM

Was listening to the radio this morning and they said the i5 had everything that trip's quote says it doesnt.

Smittie61984 09-13-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 519662)
They all copy one another to be honest...They should just make one big fucking company and all sell the same goddamn phone.

Very true, though you thought smart phones were expensive before.

I have the LG EnV3 (not the touch screen one). Still makes phone calls, I don't have interwebz, but it's awesome for text messaging iwth it's physical keypad. I think I've had that for 3.5 years so far.

When the Iphone 17e^(iPi)+1 comes out in a few years, I may get that one.

Trip 09-13-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 519713)
When the Iphone 17e^(iPi)+1 comes out in a few years, I may get that one.

lolz yey plus uno

Smittie61984 09-13-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 519714)
lolz yey plus uno

I was going to change it then figured it was fitting for the Iphone5

By the way, for those curious that would be the Iphone0 I'm waiting for.

Sixxxxer 09-13-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 519712)
Was listening to the radio this morning and they said the i5 had everything that trip's quote says it doesnt.

Trip's quote is Misleading...What is listed it does infact have...The answers to what it has...The "lololol No" Etc Etc is basically saying that it's not NEW Technology as in, Droid phones have had it already.

It comes with everything on that list...But so did phones that came out a year ago...So basically Apple didn't unveil NEW Technology that no other phone has...Which frankly, What the fuck more else can they fucking think of to make a phone do?

Sixxxxer 09-13-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 519666)
This.

I'm OK holding onto mine until the next one comes out. So far, I'm pleased with my move to iPhone. My bank, insurance company, law firm, and partners all have apps for iPhone and do not for Android. So, staying with Android wasn't an option.

I am more than relieved the new one isn't super shiny awesomness.

Is it an upgrade from the 4? Sure...Is it enough to make me drop a paycheck on it miss my insurance payment and run out of gas and call out of work because I cant get there?!

No

And Apple will still support the 4 and 4s with software updates and the such...Just like they did with the Iphone3 (Which is finally losing it's support with the launch of the Iphone 5)

derf 09-13-2012 05:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rdIWKytq_q4

Hahhahahaaa

Trip 09-13-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 519732)

Wow, that dude in the hat is one dumb fuck, they all are... LOL I wonder how many people figured it out that they didn't show...

dubbs 09-13-2012 07:50 PM

I was disappointed, which doesn't really say much since I've been disappointed since the 4 came out and it wasn't any better than my 3gs.

However, my coworker who has a 4 and was all about apple is now going to be shopping around for an android.

fasternyou929 09-13-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 519732)

Reminds me of Penn's bit on organic food (it's the SAME *$&# banana!!).

The "faster" comments are probably legit though. Everyone that has of phone loaded with apps and other bloatware the willingly download is significantly slower to do anything compared to the same phone fresh out-of-the-box.

Smittie61984 09-13-2012 11:47 PM

Hahaha, from the Onion. Careful, racial and +1 slurs
http://www.theonion.com/articles/app...ck-know,29531/

Dave 09-14-2012 12:30 AM

the only thing anyone should care about is this brick has a quad core and they only bumped the battery by about 10mah

In any case, who can really be surprised that a company that doesnt build anything, that locks down built in features so they can crack them later to bump sales, that needs to sue their own suppliers to stay relevant, that forces their own proprietary connectors and software wasnt going to stay at the bleeding edge? only a yogurt.

Trip 09-14-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 519752)
the only thing anyone should care about is this brick has a quad core and they only bumped the battery by about 10mah

In any case, who can really be surprised that a company that doesnt build anything, that locks down built in features so they can crack them later to bump sales, that needs to sue their own suppliers to stay relevant, that forces their own proprietary connectors and software wasnt going to stay at the bleeding edge? only a yogurt.

The CDMA/LTE on the same chip turned out to be a bust because they didn't design the antennas right again. They killed one of the best features of Verizon going LTE. It's the only LTE phone EVAR on Verizon not capable of doing voice and data at the same time on the Verizon network. Even the first phone, the Thunderbolt, could accomplish this feat. I don't know if Sprint had any LTE phones not capable of doing voice and data, but it can't do it there either.

The processor is pretty bad ass if it's true they got the A15 in it. Want to see the improvements to the Retina screen. It still is in the top 3 of best screen tech.

RACER X 09-14-2012 10:18 AM

Verizon iPhone 5 Will Not Offer Simultaneous Voice and Data(verizon& most likely sprint) [Update: It Was A Hardware Decision]

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/13/...oice-and-data/

OneSickPsycho 09-14-2012 11:09 AM

ONSSP just ordered the iPhone 5...

She's wanted an iPhone forever... friends of ours made a good point last night... who cares about a bunch of new features that most people will never use, supposedly the maps thing blows Google maps out of the water (we will see about that), and the fucking things just work. That last one stuck with me pretty well... All of my Android/Blackberry experience shares one common denominator - fucking shit fucks up. Droid not as bad as Blackberry, but it still locks up, loads fucked up, and does some quirky shit sometimes... And that's never something I've heard from the iPhone users... We'll see with this being an new release...

Trip 09-14-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 519763)
ONSSP just ordered the iPhone 5...

She's wanted an iPhone forever... friends of ours made a good point last night... who cares about a bunch of new features that most people will never use, supposedly the maps thing blows Google maps out of the water (we will see about that), and the fucking things just work. That last one stuck with me pretty well... All of my Android/Blackberry experience shares one common denominator - fucking shit fucks up. Droid not as bad as Blackberry, but it still locks up, loads fucked up, and does some quirky shit sometimes... And that's never something I've heard from the iPhone users... We'll see with this being an new release...

Whoever told you the maps blow google s out of the water fucking lied.

My wife and I have been using the new maps since they came out in beta. They need a lot of work. They use tom tom routing and that sucks ass. It doesn't know half the shit Google can find too. They are pretty though.

OneSickPsycho 09-14-2012 01:56 PM

Yep, well scratch that thing anyway... turns out it's CHEAPER to buy the fucking phone outright and keep our current plan, than to get the discounted price and a new, revised, contract. FUCK THAT.

We are now in the market for a 4S for Verizon... anyone?

azoomm 09-14-2012 02:07 PM

I have a 32gig 4s for Verizon. I was going to wait, but.....

Trip 09-14-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 519767)
Yep, well scratch that thing anyway... turns out it's CHEAPER to buy the fucking phone outright and keep our current plan, than to get the discounted price and a new, revised, contract. FUCK THAT.

We are now in the market for a 4S for Verizon... anyone?

yeah losing unlimited is a tough pill and $749 for a 32gig outright is another big tough pill compared to some of the new androids the are lower out of the gate. Verizon also getting you for $30 to upgrade your phone even at full price for "teaching seminars" is fucking bullshit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 519770)
I have a 32gig 4s for Verizon. I was going to wait, but.....

Those jones' are evil sons a bitches.

shmike 09-14-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 519773)
Those jones' are evil sons a bitches.

:lol

Trip 09-14-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 519775)
:lol

Can't blame her though, my wife has to keep me in check that I don't rush out and buy shit all the time :lol:

Cass 09-17-2012 05:38 PM

I upgraded to the 5, from a second-hand 4 that came with the bonus of water damage (that I didn't know, and was not disclosed at time of purchase). yes, I signed a contract, but kept my same unlimited data plan that I've had for ... 6 years? maybe 8. the price is pretty much a wash over 2yr commitment with a decent service plan (mine is data/text/voice). only thing changing is my phone, and insurance on the phone is added to my plan. I'm using a droid in the meantime (galaxy s) and it loves to lock up. frequently. doesn't load emails properly. browses alright. I realize it's an older model, and not the latest software, though not for lack of trying. the brand new droids probably are bangin, even if the screens are starting to push past practical boundaries.

OneSickPsycho 09-21-2012 06:50 PM

Aaaaaaannnnnnddddd.... We got a free iPhone 5. ONSSP cancelled her order, but they sent it anyway. She called Verizon and the girl said it was ok in the system, there was no charge, and the plan didn't change.... "You got really lucky.. maybe. Let me ask my manager. "

Free and clear! Activating it now.

VatorMan 09-21-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 520113)
Aaaaaaannnnnnddddd.... We got a free iPhone 5. ONSSP cancelled her order, but they sent it anyway. She called Verizon and the girl said it was ok in the system, there was no charge, and the plan didn't change.... "You got really lucky.. maybe. Let me ask my manager. "

Free and clear! Activating it now.

You lucky SOB.

OneSickPsycho 09-21-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 520114)
You lucky SOB.

Not me, ONSSP. I'm still stuck with my shitball TMobile crap... Phone is ok, but service SUCKS!

Trip 09-21-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 520116)
Not me, ONSSP. I'm still stuck with my shitball TMobile crap... Phone is ok, but service SUCKS!

fucking should of turned around and sold it at full price and got another one at contract price.....

Sixxxxer 09-21-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 520121)
fucking should of turned around and sold it at full price and got another one at contract price.....

If she has verizon and got a new iphone but still has her old plan...If it was me, I'd have unlimited data and not have been forced to lose it bc verizon is fucking stupid.

I'm never upgrading my phone with them ever again...I'll be buying my stuff outright and keeping my current plan for as long as humanly possible.

Trip 09-21-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 520125)
If she has verizon and got a new iphone but still has her old plan...If it was me, I'd have unlimited data and not have been forced to lose it bc verizon is fucking stupid.

I'm never upgrading my phone with them ever again...I'll be buying my stuff outright and keeping my current plan for as long as humanly possible.

Yeah, that would be the only valid reason, but if she ordered it, she had to have switched plans. She would have to argue with Verizon to get it back and their system shows the phone went through anyway.

If you are going to be sketchy and keep a phone that is not yours, might as well go all in.

Homeslice 09-23-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 519666)
This.

Seems a little odd to me, since to my knowledge the Android audience is bigger.

Homeslice 09-23-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 519755)
The CDMA/LTE on the same chip turned out to be a bust because they didn't design the antennas right again. They killed one of the best features of Verizon going LTE. It's the only LTE phone EVAR on Verizon not capable of doing voice and data at the same time on the Verizon network. Even the first phone, the Thunderbolt, could accomplish this feat. I don't know if Sprint had any LTE phones not capable of doing voice and data, but it can't do it there either.

My understanding is that you can't talk & tether at the same time on CDMA phones, but you can on GSM phones, right?

Trip 09-23-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 520167)
My understanding is that you can't talk & tether at the same time on CDMA phones, but you can on GSM phones, right?

This only applies to 3G, well except in Apple's situation it's different.

In 3G GSM, you can talk and use data(tether) at the same time.

In 3G CDMA, you can't talk and use data at the same time.

4G, GSM is LTE. Nothing changes for GSM.

Verizon and Sprint both have been going GSM for their 4G. But they are both still using CDMA for voice calls.

Android phones and Windows phones on Verizon and Sprint have seperate radios for CDMA and LTE. So while you are using the CDMA radio for voice, the LTE radio can do data if you are in a LTE area.

iPhone 5 has both it's CDMA and LTE radio on one chip. The way they designed that phone, they didn't make it so the LTE and CDMA could work at the same time to save on design costs so it's very similar to the AT&T iPhone 5. All they would have had to do was put one more antenna on the phone and voice/data would of worked at the same time.

Homeslice 09-23-2012 06:39 PM

Wow, shitty for ifon5.
What about an ifon4, you could do it on AT&T and TMo, right?

Homeslice 09-23-2012 06:50 PM

Just to verify, the ifon5 can't do it on anyone's network?

Trip 09-23-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 520171)
Wow, shitty for ifon5.
What about an ifon4, you could do it on AT&T and TMo, right?

The iPhone 4 can do it on AT&T for sure. I am not sure about tmobile. I am not sure if any of the iphones are supported on their HSPA or HSPA+ networks. What they call their 3G and 4G that is really 3.5G.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 520172)
Just to verify, the ifon5 can't do it on anyone's network?

no, iPhone 5 can do voice/data on any GSM network including AT&T. Just can't do it on Verizon/Sprint/any other CDMA voice network.

Not sure about Tmo, people use to be using just 2G GSM to be able to use the iphone on tmobile, not sure how it works now.

Homeslice 09-23-2012 09:59 PM

So neither the 4 or 5 can do it on Verizon. Huh, I was this close to signing up with them.

Maybe that's why Verizon doesn't charge extra for tethering anymore. They know it's a flawed feature. :lol:

Trip 09-23-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 520179)
So neither the 4 or 5 can do it on Verizon. Huh, I was this close to signing up with them.

Maybe that's why Verizon doesn't charge extra for tethering anymore. They know it's a flawed feature. :lol:

Verizon doesn't charge for tethering on non unlimited plans because the FCC told them that was illegal. Lol

They still charge for unlimited.

Looks like tmobile people can buy the Verizon iPhone and use it with the HSPA+ network. That may be an awesome alternative for people that don't mind paying full price for a phone.

Porkchop 09-23-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 520181)
Verizon doesn't charge for tethering on non unlimited plans because the FCC told them that was illegal. Lol

They still charge for unlimited.

Looks like tmobile people can buy the Verizon iPhone and use it with the HSPA+ network. That may be an awesome alternative for people that don't mind paying full price for a phone.

Thats why you use FoxFi on unlimited plans....

I thought I heard TMo was going to roll out a true 4G soon?

Homeslice 09-23-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 520168)

Android phones and Windows phones on Verizon and Sprint have seperate radios for CDMA and LTE. So while you are using the CDMA radio for voice, the LTE radio can do data if you are in a LTE area.

Buddy of mine says he can't do it on his Verizon Incredible. Same with a guy who has an S2 on sprint wimax.

Trip 09-24-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 520183)
Buddy of mine says he can't do it on his Verizon Incredible. Same with a guy who has an S2 on sprint wimax.

Is his incredible an LTE phone or the original non LTE one? My nexus does it just fine. You also have to be in an LTE area for it to work.

WiMAX is different, it's CDMA 4G

OneSickPsycho 09-24-2012 09:15 AM

Well, back to reality. They charged her card for the phone, BUT didn't change the plan. Still a good deal.

Rangerscott 09-24-2012 07:40 PM

Hahahaha. Some people are really pathetic. They're complaining of this tiny ass light leak at the top of the i5.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/24/iphone...-apple-defect/

Homeslice 09-25-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 520219)
Hahahaha. Some people are really pathetic. They're complaining of this tiny ass light leak at the top of the i5.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/24/iphone...-apple-defect/

lol

also complaints about the black aluminum coating chipping off

Trip 09-25-2012 07:28 AM

Maps are the only valid complaint I have seen so far. I been submitting dams on the ipad since early beta iOS6 and they still haven't updated those POIs. Pisses me off.

Actually scratch that, they have been having a lot of screen failures as well.

Dave 09-25-2012 09:22 AM

Man, just can't get good quality slave laborers anymore. Smh

RACER X 09-25-2012 12:28 PM

said 79k workers at that plant, crazy!

RACER X 09-25-2012 03:36 PM

propriatary plug, no cheap chinese copies

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/25/unoffi...able-iphone-5/

Dave 09-25-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 520310)
propriatary plug, no cheap chinese copies

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/25/unoffi...able-iphone-5/

Now THATS hilarious. Obvious cash grab is obvious but the fanbois claim its really something better than usb when the whole fucking cable is obviously still usb. All apple really did was make their already idiot oriented device more idiot friendly :lol

Trip 09-25-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 520322)
Now THATS hilarious. Obvious cash grab is obvious but the fanbois claim its really something better than usb when the whole fucking cable is obviously still usb. All apple really did was make their already idiot oriented device more idiot friendly :lol

Wow, that's some fucking bullshit right there. They can't even supply the converter right off the bat.

Smittie61984 09-26-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 520323)
Wow, that's some fucking bullshit right there. They can't even supply the converter right off the bat.

Macintosh's only good product is the their shuffle. Everything else can burn in hell which is where I hope Steve Jobbs is right now.

Dave 09-26-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 520338)
Macintosh's only good product is the their shuffle. Everything else can burn in hell which is where I hope Steve Jobbs is right now.

Its probably a locked room with nothing but a tube TV and an apple pippin. Lol

Smittie61984 09-26-2012 05:30 PM

The pippin is a sin that Jesus did not die for.

Trip 09-26-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 520338)

I like the iPad, until recently there really hasn't been an Android version worth a damn. Apple deserved the dominating position it got in Tablets, companies putting out Android tablets have been utter garbage in this arena until recently.

I like OSX as well.

Rangerscott 09-26-2012 09:28 PM

I got this pic in a microcenter email awhile back. First thing that came to mind was suicide and then Foxconn factory workers was second.

Was gonna edit the "fall to where" out and put something like, "Foxconn. Days without incidents: 0"

http://e-marketing-promotions.com/pi...ulticoupon.jpg

Smittie61984 09-26-2012 11:22 PM

What retarded marketing person thought up that one? It looks like suicide no matter what words they put in there.

Rangerscott 09-28-2012 08:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LG6Qx127xgs

LeeNetworX 04-23-2013 09:41 AM

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...95630_460s.jpg

Archren 04-23-2013 10:16 AM

I've had both Android and Apple products. At the end of the day, I don't really give a fuck about what anyone else uses. Kinda like with motorcycles: you get what you like, what works for you. People are always going to hate because it isn't what THEY like. It's your money, buy what you like.

Trip 04-23-2013 12:20 PM

I wish they would revamp patents to exclude this bullshit they allow to be patented. Both sides try to ruin shit with these tactics.

EpyonXero 04-23-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 528540)
I wish they would revamp patents to exclude this bullshit they allow to be patented. Both sides try to ruin shit with these tactics.

Agreed. If that graphic above is about the ridiculousness of the software patent system than its right on. If its bashing Apple and saying they didnt do anything great when they made the iPhone then its wrong.

LeeNetworX 04-23-2013 09:22 PM

I don't care what they are trying to suggest; it's amusing.

EpyonXero 04-25-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 528562)
I don't care what they are trying to suggest; it's amusing.

Meh