Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sometimes you encounter... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3806)

ceo012384 11-23-2008 11:48 PM

Sometimes you encounter...

... opportunities you just can't pass up ;)

I don't have it yet... but maybe I can give you a hint with this stock photo...

Ohlins TTX YA789 top-of-the-line beautiful gorgeous sweet swedish goodness :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
http://www.hardracing.com/images/ya788.jpg

shmike 11-23-2008 11:53 PM

Congrats.

Our local suspension guy was never much of an Ohlins fan until recently.

His view of the TTX: set it once and you're done.

Almost no adjusting necessary, it is that good.

Mr Lefty 11-24-2008 12:32 AM

finally... all that sperm you digested finally paid off...

did you puke and make a deposit at a sperm bank? or one of your sugga daddy's actually pay up?

marko138 11-24-2008 12:01 PM

Your skills are not suffecient enough to need a shock like that. Keep working on lap times, asshole.

Trip 11-24-2008 12:05 PM

After all that bitching and whining you did about not wanting to get your suspension done, you finally listened to wisdom. It's about damn time.

marko138 11-24-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 107586)
After all that bitching and whining you did about not wanting to get your suspension done, you finally listened to wisdom. It's about damn time.

He's a follower, not a leader. A sheep if you will.

DLIT 11-24-2008 02:47 PM

That's one thing I've decided to invest in with my '09. Respring and valve the front forks and get a nice rear shock. I'm not progressing anymore and I think retuning my suspension and take a class or two should keep me going. Good mod, for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 107582)
Your skills are not suffecient enough to need a shock like that. Keep working on lap times, asshole.

Probably true.

marko138 11-24-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 107672)
That's one thing I've decided to invest in with my '09. Respring and valve the front forks and get a nice rear shock. I'm not progressing anymore and I think retuning my suspension and take a class or two should keep me going. Good mod, for sure!

Probably true.

Definately true.

NONE_too_SOFT 11-24-2008 03:23 PM

wonder how many track days that spring would have bought you.

DLIT 11-24-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 107705)

While this is true, you clearly don't have a clue about good suspension components.

Mr Lefty 11-24-2008 03:28 PM

he's also racing next year... so I'm sure he's gonna get enough... or at least a lot of track time...

NONE_too_SOFT 11-24-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 107710)
While this is true, you clearly don't have a clue about good suspension components.

im just saying that funds could have been allocated more efficiantly to get the overall goal. There are other suspension options out there, much cheaper, that would produce the same general effect he's looking for. shiney toys dont win races.

his money though, so i'll stand over here w/ the rest of you jealous cunts.

shmike 11-24-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Seems to be a common thread in many of his posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 107788)
im just saying that funds could have been allocated more efficiantly to get the overall goal. There are other suspension options out there, much cheaper, that would produce the same general effect he's looking for. shiney toys dont win races.

What is the overall goal?

Is racing is the order of the day, finishing as close the the front is the only goal that really matters.

If the TTX will help him accomplish that, it is money well spent.

The 2009 season kicks off in either Feb or March. How many trackdays can one expect to get in in that time?

Trip 11-24-2008 05:27 PM

suspension is never wasted money. If you want to race or really improve your lap times, that's probably the first mod you should do to your bike before exhausts and all that other stuff.

Amber Lamps 11-24-2008 06:00 PM

I almost always send my shit to Race Tech but I don't know what he is paying for that shock. A guy CEO's size is exactly what the stock components of that bike were made for...he probably could have made due with some re-valving,etc. On the other hand,hey it's his loot,if he's got it why not?:idk: Besides,considering what I think his long range plans are,he'll be needing top-shelf components eventually,so why not now if he can afford it?

ceo012384 11-24-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 107582)

Only top experts NEED stuff like this. However I guarantee you it will drop my lap times.

Also, you're out of your range of expertise here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 107586)

Like I said, a deal I couldn't refuse.

Also, I have made a lot of improvement since I said that, and my goals are now different...
Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 107705)

You mean the track days I won't be doing anymore (unless they are free)?

Open race practices thursdays and fridays before race weekends. Practice saturday and sunday mornings before the races.
Quote:

Exactly, my man.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 107714)
he's also racing next year... so I'm sure he's gonna get enough... or at least a lot of track time...

Someone's starting to get it...
Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 107788)

You continue to have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, you have no idea how little I paid for this shock.
Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 107802)
Is racing is the order of the day, finishing as close the the front is the only goal that really matters.

If the TTX will help him accomplish that, it is money well spent.

Exactly.

The extent to which this bike will be set up by the start of the season, I guarantee you will decrease my laptimes heavily and increase my confidence (which in turn drops lap times) severalfold.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 107816)
suspension is never wasted money. If you want to race or really improve your lap times, that's probably the first mod you should do to your bike before exhausts and all that other stuff.

I have gotten to a point where the bike gets very unhappy in various situations. This and other things will alleviate much of that and I will be able to push that much harder.

There are stages of track riding. I am at the second one.

1. Your suspension is no matter. You could be riding with rigid forks and a hardtail and it wouldn't matter.

2. You're fast enough that suspension plays a role. You may not NEED top shelf components but they will certainly help, and allow you to realize the room you have to improve to the next stage.

3. You're fucking fast. You NEED good suspension.

ceo012384 11-24-2008 06:12 PM

Anyways, I will continue to set up my bike, and race it.

I guess I won't bother posting up what I do to the bike since clearly this crew of keyboard racers (some of whom haven't even done track days) clearly know what I need and don't need without ever having ridden with me.

Mr Lefty 11-24-2008 06:28 PM

you're still a cock fiend.

Trip 11-24-2008 06:37 PM

I am more of the opinion that a suspension setup correctly for the rider is a must for anyone who wants to do any sort of sport riding, any skill level. It makes a world of a difference to ride a properly setup bike. If you can't afford the pricey bits, it's worth it to get the suspension dialed in.

Amber Lamps 11-24-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 107855)
I am more of the opinion that a suspension setup correctly for the rider is a must for anyone who wants to do any sort of sport riding, any skill level. It makes a world of a difference to ride a properly setup bike. If you can't afford the pricey bits, it's worth it to get the suspension dialed in.

Always true! Hell,I think it"s worth it regardless how you ride. The bike just "feels" better... like a tailored suit vs off the rack.

Mr Lefty 11-24-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 107855)

very true. I had my bike setup for just myself... it was horrible with my bags... next time I'm adjusting the suspension for the bags.

Dnyce 11-24-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 107845)

I guess I won't bother posting up what I do to the bike since clearly this crew of keyboard racers (some of whom haven't even done track days) clearly know what I need and don't need without ever having ridden with me.

i swear, short ppl and their temper tantrums

:lol: nice find tho, when are you getting it/getting it on on your bike?

NONE_too_SOFT 11-24-2008 11:26 PM

appologies.

I know what your trying to go for and only wish i could do the same right now. fortunatly i've still got time on my side.

Either way, you still havent told us how much of a steal you got this for. we talking pennies to the dollar or what?

OneSickPsycho 11-25-2008 12:07 AM

Suspension is at the top of my list as far as where my money's going into my bike...

No Worries 11-25-2008 12:28 AM

When I bought my 79 GS1000, it came with rear shocks that had adjustable damping. The first bike to have it. Wow. I could set them for cornering or touring.

In the late 80's, they started to wear out. I approached Works Performance. Their top of the line shocks were around $300. About a third of the value of the bike. I thought about it for a while and bought them. They transformed the bike.

They were taller than the original shocks, plus the originals had sagged. Now I have to be on tip-toe at stops. But on most curvy roads, I can hang with modern bikes. Which pisses them off to no end. Priceless.

marko138 11-25-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 107845)

Oh shut the fuck up you whiny bitch. Go back to my thread and look at the bullshit you wrote when I posted about buying some Ohlins for my bike. Ass knocker.

You'll keep posting, and we'll keep busting. Fuck off.

zortness 11-25-2008 10:23 AM

What do you have done to the front? I think the front suspension helps a lot more with bike stability and cornerspeed confidence, but the rear lets you get on the gas harder coming out of the corners.

Either way, definitely a good investment. I'll trade you my year old ohlins rear for that one =)

ceo012384 11-25-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 107998)
nice find tho, when are you getting it/getting it on on your bike?

Should be showing up later this week. I'm not in a big rush to get it on. I will probably just drool on it for a few hours.
Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 108017)
Either way, you still havent told us how much of a steal you got this for. we talking pennies to the dollar or what?

I got it for half price. The most you can find usually on these things is 15-20 %.
Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 108260)
Go back to my thread and look at the bullshit you wrote when I posted about buying some Ohlins for my bike

There is a huge difference between you talking about buying an entire set of ohlins forks for your BUELL STREET BIKE than me trying to get my suspension set up properly on my RACE BIKE.

Not to mention I will have my forks reworked and this shock purchased for a total cost that is less than HALF of what you were considering spending on those forks...
Quote:

Originally Posted by zortness (Post 108304)
What do you have done to the front? I think the front suspension helps a lot more with bike stability and cornerspeed confidence, but the rear lets you get on the gas harder coming out of the corners.

Either way, definitely a good investment. I'll trade you my year old ohlins rear for that one =)

The forks are the next order of business this winter. They need new oil and seals and bushings anyways, so I will do that and at the same time do a revalving and respringing at the very least. It will be a financial decision at that point. Revalve and respring is most likely. Maybe play with the oil weight a bit to get the desired characteristics.

marko138 11-25-2008 01:16 PM

Poser.

ceo012384 12-01-2008 11:19 AM

Now I just have to install it, and sit on my ass for 5 months until I can try it out! :panic:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...4/505e3ec8.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...4/e7c93b1b.jpg

Rider 12-01-2008 11:24 AM

Nice setup there. What are you going to do with the forks? Re-spring and valve them? Heavier oil? Or are you going to bite the bullet and get Ohlins forks too?

ceo012384 12-01-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 113099)
Nice setup there. What are you going to do with the forks? Re-spring and valve them? Heavier oil? Or are you going to bite the bullet and get Ohlins forks too?

Forks are going to get a full valve kit and resprung. No need to replace the forks or even the cartridges at my level. Also it's a money issue as well.

Even expert racers will just get an ohlins cartridge kit for their forks. I have read most people say there is no difference between replacing the fork internals with an ohlins cartridge kit and buying the ohlins R&T forks besides bling factor.

The only reason I was able to get the best shock on the market was because of the sweet price break...

marko138 12-02-2008 09:22 AM

When's it going on?

ceo012384 12-02-2008 12:25 PM

Eh, maybe next time I go out there. No big rush... first race weekend is at the end of april :panic:

marko138 12-02-2008 12:28 PM

You know you'll wanna take that bitch around the neighborhood when it's installed.

ceo012384 12-02-2008 12:34 PM

True... I certainly will be doing that.

Also the forks are off though and I'll be sending those out to get rebuilt so there's not really a rush on much of anything.

CW AF 03 12-10-2008 11:45 PM

If it makes you more comfortable and confident, it's worth the money. The valves and springs make a big difference, the full cartridges even more so. Good luck next year! Keep it shiney side up and take home some paper weights...

Dnyce 12-10-2008 11:53 PM

names backwards lol

ceo012384 12-14-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW AF 03 (Post 123775)
If it makes you more comfortable and confident, it's worth the money. The valves and springs make a big difference, the full cartridges even more so. Good luck next year! Keep it shiney side up and take home some paper weights...

Thanks man.... the cartridges are like 1500 bucks so that's not in the plan right now lol

I'll be doing rebound and compression valves and the right springs. Add that to a gearing change, a damper setup, and the rear shock and this thing is going to be a whole different bike...

I rode my buddy's bike that is all set up and the confidence it gave me in certain sections of the track we were at compared to some stuff my bike was doing in those sections sold me on the need for this stuff right then and there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 123785)
names backwards lol

It was more than just backwards, you missed it :lol:

Dnyce 12-15-2008 01:39 AM

yea i saw, u had your own thread all about it too lol

r!der 12-15-2008 03:30 PM

sweeeeeet!

OreoGaborio 12-21-2008 10:31 AM

Holy shit, Chris.... after reading this thread I can't immagine why you waste your time here. Seems like a bunch of dopes telling you how you can & can't spend your money that have never even seen you ride.

Three things that are never a waste of money: Tires, suspension and track time/schools.

marko138 12-21-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 131519)
Holy shit, Chris.... after reading this thread I can't immagine why you waste your time here. Seems like a bunch of dopes telling you how you can & can't spend your money that have never even seen you ride.

Three things that are never a waste of money: Tires, suspension and track time/schools.

It was a joke, buddy. Ball busting.

Mr Lefty 12-23-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

cause chris knows we're just bust'n his balls... he's been around us long enough to know that...

Trip 12-23-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

yeah like the others said, we are a bunch of assholes. Hell, chris is an asshole too. Don't let him fool you.

OreoGaborio 12-23-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 132514)
yeah like the others said, we are a bunch of assholes. Hell, chris is an asshole too. Don't let him fool you.

Oh I know Chris is an asshole, he didn't fool me ;)

You guys just fooled me into thinking you all were BIGGER assholes (which isn't saying much when you're talkin about Chris :D ) by running a joke so far into the ground that it came back with some authentic Chinese food. ;)

Antwanny 12-23-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 131527)
It was a joke, buddy. Ball busting.

lol apparently someone, cant take a joke which wasn't even directed toward him.
________
Vapir one vaporizer
________
Justin Bieber Fan

OreoGaborio 12-23-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antwanny (Post 132966)
lol apparently someone cant take a poorly executed, heavily camouflaged, inside joke, that painfully went on forever, which wasn't even directed toward him.

fixed :D

Seriously though, to be fair (to me) I'm not on this forum all that much at all so I don't really know all you guys... can you blame me for not seeing the humor in it? :idk:

For anyone that isn't familiar w/ this community, it looked like you guys were kinda all being an assholes to him. Not that I could blame you guys if you WERE being assholes to him, I mean shit, he kinda deserves it.... This is how the guy basically introduced himself to me. ;)

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...C4916Large.jpg

That's me right behind him... he asked me for some 1-on-1 not 5 minutes before that. :zowned:

(I'm gettin some pretty good mileage outta that pic, eh, Chris? :D)

Now to be fair to HIM.... Chris was one of those kids that got on the track with hardly any riding experience at all & things just "clicked" for him. There's a lot of natural talent in that kid. :rockout:

DLIT 12-23-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 133037)

To be fair (to me :D) I'm not on this forum all that much at all so I don't really know all you guys... can you blame me for not seeing the humor in it? :idk:

It just looked like he was being a relatively good sport about you all being an assholes to him. Not that I could blame you guys if you WERE just being assholes to him, I mean shit, this is how the guy basically introduced himself to me. ;)

That's me right behind him... he asked me for some 1-on-1 not 5 minutes before that. :zowned:

Now to be fair to HIM.... Chris is one of those kids that got on the track with hardly any riding experience at all & things just "clicked" for him. There's a lot of natural talent in that kid. :rockout:

Natural talent, huh? According to the pic, there's not much talent being expressed.

Antwanny 12-23-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 133037)

To be fair (to me :D) I'm not on this forum all that much at all so I don't really know all you guys... can you blame me for not seeing the humor in it? :idk:

It just looked like he was being a relatively good sport about you all being an assholes to him. Not that I could blame you guys if you WERE just being assholes to him, I mean shit, this is how the guy basically introduced himself to me. ;)

Now to be fair to HIM.... Chris is one of those kids that got on the track with hardly any riding experience at all & things just "clicked" for him. There's a lot of natural talent in that kid. :rockout:

TBH im probably the biggest asshole all of you will ever meet, i just try to control myself online.
________
FALCON (AUSTRALIA)
________
Vaporizer temperature

Mr Lefty 12-23-2008 08:14 PM

I dunno... DLit and CEO are the raining assholes here... something about those Bostonites... Assholes... the lota'm

OreoGaborio 12-23-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 133043)
Natural talent, huh? According to the pic, there's not much talent being expressed.

:yawn:

If you're gonna bust balls, at least use some creativity & make it entertaining. :wink:

Antwanny 12-23-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 133056)
I dunno... DLit and CEO are the raining assholes here... something about those Bostonites... Assholes... the lota'm

Like i said in person im usually a the biggest douche in the room. Not that im proud of it just a fact of life.
________
The Girls Next Door Advice
________
Kitchen Measures

Riceaholic 12-24-2008 07:18 AM

I've got a set of Ohlins R/T forks and built Fox shock on my GSXR and that made a huge difference in my lap times at Jennings after it was set up. A couple years back I also picked up a set of Marvic magnesiums that transformed my bike almost as drastically as the suspension.

I just do a lot of track days for fun and I don't know if the class you are running requires stock wheels but the difference between stock and the marvics was insane as far as direction change and turn in......

DLIT 12-24-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 133056)

Bostonians, fuckface.

Mr Lefty 12-24-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 133394)
Bostonians, fuckface.

lets agree on Assholes

marko138 12-26-2008 11:29 AM

Of course the shitty ball busting went on forever...thats what happens here...shit is played out to death...then played some more.