Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Almost 9 years and finally... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22258)

Sixxxxer 05-08-2013 04:02 PM

It only took me 3 years to put a slip on...On. Pissed i didnt do it sooner.

Love kawi green...Looks good!

Rangerscott 05-08-2013 04:36 PM

I just get lucky with ebay on slip ons. Ill never pay even close to full price for a slip. Call me cheap but I think they are way over priced.

racedoll 05-08-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 528982)
It only took me 3 years to put a slip on...On. Pissed i didnt do it sooner.

Love kawi green...Looks good!

Me too. It's the only color this one came in so you don't get much choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 528985)
I just get lucky with ebay on slip ons. Ill never pay even close to full price for a slip. Call me cheap but I think they are way over priced.

With the bike being as old as it is, I got stuff on clearance. One benefit of waiting so long, :lol:

Rangerscott 05-08-2013 07:49 PM

I can wait as long as it takes. I scored a whole oem fairing set and tank for my viffer for $400 or $500. A lot better tuan spending that much or more on chinese fairing sets.

Particle Man 05-10-2013 06:19 AM

Hey, that looks really good!

racedoll 05-11-2013 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got out for a ride today. And took a better picture.

Homeslice 05-11-2013 09:13 PM

Nice.....I had an 03, but it had the ugly sliver frame, lol. I like your black frame better.

I remember the throttle on it being very smooth. Kinda weak down low though.

racedoll 05-11-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 529066)
Nice.....I had an 03, but it had the ugly sliver frame, lol. I like your black frame better.

I remember the throttle on it being very smooth. Kinda weak down low though.

Did you have the R or RR? The 04 R were silver too... that's why I went with the RR, to have a black frame.

The air/fuel mix is kind of crappy with the stock exhaust. I'm hoping that Kawi designed it like that knowing most would change that out and it will be better now.

Porkchop 05-12-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 529067)
Did you have the R or RR? The 04 R were silver too... that's why I went with the RR, to have a black frame.

The air/fuel mix is kind of crappy with the stock exhaust. I'm hoping that Kawi designed it like that knowing most would change that out and it will be better now.

You went with less CC's and power for a black frame??? A powdercoater could have easily fixed that. :lol:

racedoll 05-12-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 529068)
You went with less CC's and power for a black frame??? A powdercoater could have easily fixed that. :lol:

I didn't need the extra 36cc's, 600cc is plenty. I'm the type of person that I get exactly what I want. I'm spending the money so I'm not going to settle on something I don't really want.

Sure I could have powder coated it, but I'm realistic in knowing that never would have happened. Look how long it has taken me to do the mods I've just done.

There are plenty of other differences between the R and RR. I like being different, few people have the RR.