Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Your First Mod (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6009)

Bassplayer 02-15-2009 02:48 AM

Your First Mod

When you got the current bike what was your first mod and why.

Post up yo.
:dthumb:

Since Im gonna be getting my bike soon enough, wanted to see what you guys usually do... (not that ill have the $$ to do it but still)

Most of my friends Ive known their first mods they go for the slip on can, and or flush mounts, How bout you guys?

ZUKIMON 02-15-2009 02:50 AM

I guess I fall into that category........I put on a slip on, Scorpion, for Christmas from my wife. I really wanted one as the stock can just plain sucked as far as sound and looks. I have to be able to hear atleast a little something coming from the damn thing. :D

njchopper87 02-15-2009 03:48 AM

I just got the bike, but the first thing I plan on doing when I get money is switching out the exhaust. This thing sounds like it's humming, and I want something that roars. After that I'll probably upgrade some of the plastic to chrome and get better grips. Probably get a more comfortable seat too.

Why did you get me thinking about this?! So much money needed..

Quick281 02-15-2009 03:55 AM

Of course I wanted exhaust but the bike is loud enough.

I did frame sliders since I didn't want my baby getting too Fed up when I biffed it.

They have already paid them selves off millions of times. :rockwoot:

Cutty72 02-15-2009 11:26 AM

Didn't like the "first thing to mod" thread zoomie started?? :lol:

On the SV, first was flushmounts, then fender elim, then slip on. That order because of $$ at the time.

pickle.of.doom 02-15-2009 11:35 AM

Race Tech Springs in the forks. I am not a 130 lb Japanese man.

DLIT 02-15-2009 11:57 AM

The first thing I do when I get a bike is rotate the clutch lever down to where I like it. With my '09 I kept a lot of the mods from my '06 that fit right up. So my first mods to my '09 R6 were levers, smoked integrator, fender eliminator and some swingarm spools. I bought a windscreen the next day and frame sliders were shortly after that. Oh yeah, a tank pad, too.

No Worries 02-15-2009 12:15 PM

The first thing I did on my CBR was adjusted out the 1/4 inch of slack on the throttle cables. It seems that most bikes have that. The first thing I changed were the grips. The stock "waffle" grips were like holding ....waffles.

rogue 02-15-2009 12:47 PM

Aside from destickering my bike, I can't remember what the first mod was I done. Either a snorkelectomy or the yoshi slip on. Hell, it could have been aftermarket front blinkers. My ex did it all around the same time so I can't remember. :idk:

Yamerhaw 02-15-2009 01:55 PM

bought it used, already had exhaust, i adjusted my throttle cable slack, and adjusted some things, cant remember first thing i bought, either frame sliders or pazzoracing shorty levers