Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Opinions on this RC-51? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16528)

Akilldema 09-26-2010 10:33 PM

Opinions on this RC-51?

Bike looks good from what I've seen in pics. What do you think it's worth? Description below:

"03 Rc-51. Clean clear title in hand. Bike has been adult owned and used for more less a commuter bike its whole life. Never seen the track and never been down. Very well taken care of and def. shows it. Showin 30k miles on the clock, however it has been geared -1/+2 since new. The speedo reads about 15 mph fast so i dunno what that would make the actual miles be. Bike had a full service and everything checked about 1100 miles ago. This bike has a list of goodies the guy i got it from had installed at the dealership.

mods:
-Jardine Rt-1 carbon fiber exhaust
-Galfer braided lines front and rear
-Braking oversize front wave rotor
-K&N
-New power pures
-Sargent seat
--1/+2 gearing
All the usuall cosmetic stuff, sliders, headlights, undertail, integrated taillight, flush mounts ect...

Bike has never seen the track and is in super nice condition to be showin 30k on the odo. Comes with original owners manual and box of stock stuff. Rear seat and solo cowl both.
Can send pics over phone or email, wont load on here, i'll try again when i get on my computer."

JoJoYZF 09-26-2010 10:47 PM

I see ones in this area with about the same mileage listed anywhere from 3500-5000 depending on mods and such. Id say probably around 4-4500 if it was in NE ohio.

Particle Man 09-26-2010 10:59 PM

I don't see a price but it seems almost too good to be true...

101lifts2 09-27-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 412028)
I don't see a price but it seems almost too good to be true...

What seems too good to be true? A bike with 30k miles?

I'd say it's worth 3000 in this economy...but why would you want that heavy pig?

Homeslice 09-27-2010 12:40 AM

So it was re-geared "since new", and now has 30K miles, but he was too cheap to install a speedo healer? I smell bullshit.

Akilldema 09-27-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 412038)
So it was re-geared "since new", and now has 30K miles, but he was too cheap to install a speedo healer? I smell bullshit.

He says he just got it fairly recently and wants to sell it because he's going to lose his license. It's local. I'm assuming the 30k is the actual mileage and 3k is what I was going to offer him if I decide to buy it. 101 - I've always like RCs and want something quick that I can put miles on unlike the supermoto. It would be for longer rides and commuting.

Dave 09-27-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akilldema (Post 412050)
He says he just got it fairly recently and wants to sell it because he's going to lose his license. It's local. I'm assuming the 30k is the actual mileage and 3k is what I was going to offer him if I decide to buy it. 101 - I've always like RCs and want something quick that I can put miles on unlike the supermoto. It would be for longer rides and commuting.

Neither the types of riding that the rc is suited to

Akilldema 09-27-2010 09:13 AM

It will do longer rides and commute better than my motard. I'm not "commuting" to work. I work from home. I want something I can take out and ride fast and not have to come home and change the fluids. Or stop at every gas station I see.

marko138 09-27-2010 09:22 AM

Fuck these haters. Buy it.

Smittie61984 09-27-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 412053)
Neither the types of riding that the rc is suited to

I think granite has better cushioning than RC51 seats. I think you can buy old man hemroid edition seats if you look for them.

But fuck I love the RC51s. I have got to stop looking at them.