Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   any recommendations for mag loader (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17375)

wildchild 12-03-2010 07:03 AM

any recommendations for mag loader

I know a lot of folks here are shooters. Wondering if anyone can recommend a specific magazine loader. how well do they work? are they worth the money. I have found that trying to load the .40 is not nearly as "Fun" as the 9mm.

the gun is springfield XD40 although I think the loaders are not gun specific.

G-Rex 12-03-2010 07:08 AM

I use the loader that came with my XDm 9mm in the case and it works great. I know the same loader works with the .40 as well. I guess the XD doesn't come with a loader?

LeeNetworX 12-03-2010 07:41 AM

Never used them. :idk:

The pistols I've bought came with them but I never tried them.

wildchild 12-03-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 429575)
I use the loader that came with my XDm 9mm in the case and it works great. I know the same loader works with the .40 as well. I guess the XD doesn't come with a loader?

yeah this one was just a gun and two mags not the whole kit. may have to go see if I can find an XD one locally. I'm sure they have them.

Adeptus_Minor 12-03-2010 09:39 AM

I use an HKS. It's nice because the PT92 mags tend to be a little on the stiff side.

http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductIm...615/615031.jpg

tallywacker 12-03-2010 09:40 AM

Only loaders I use are the ones the come will 5.56 and stripper clips.

caveman 12-03-2010 10:11 AM

here is what you do. Take your gun back to the seller and tell him you are too much of a Nancy to load yourself and need a refund:dvrofl:

Just kidding. I worked security at the Nuc plant I work at now and I don't even want to think of the number of .40 cal rounds that I loaded into my magazines. Prolly somewhere in the neighborhood of over 3000 rounds. We did a lot of shooting for my initial training and then we shot at the range at least every two months. We are lucky enough to have our own on site range.

Just need to keep loading and shooting or loading and unloading till the follower spring breaks in a bit. Gets easy with time and you get these really cool calluses too.

Oh and the whole time in the Army I never used a loader then either. And I know that I shot a ton of 5.56 ammo. So..... suck it up Sally and just keep usin your hands. Loaders? We don't need no stinkin Loaders.

wildchild 12-03-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman (Post 429631)
here is what you do. Take your gun back to the seller and tell him you are too much of a Nancy to load yourself and need a refund:dvrofl:

Just kidding. I worked security at the Nuc plant I work at now and I don't even want to think of the number of .40 cal rounds that I loaded into my magazines. Prolly somewhere in the neighborhood of over 3000 rounds. We did a lot of shooting for my initial training and then we shot at the range at least every two months. We are lucky enough to have our own on site range.

Just need to keep loading and shooting or loading and unloading till the follower spring breaks in a bit. Gets easy with time and you get these really cool calluses too.

Oh and the whole time in the Army I never used a loader then either. And I know that I shot a ton of 5.56 ammo. So..... suck it up Sally and just keep usin your hands. Loaders? We don't need no stinkin Loaders.

alright asshole I can get enough of them in there to take care of your ass. :lol
Wasn't terribly bad last few mags I got 9 out of 12 in and yeah the callouses will be interesting.

I figured it would loosen up with time, the 9mm did. this gun has only has about 200 rounds so far.

most of the magazines we loaded in the army were so broken down I'm surprised they had enough tension left to pop the next shell up. LOL

CasterTroy 12-03-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 429575)
I use the loader that came with my XDm 9mm in the case and it works great.

THIS!

But I only use it for the last 2 rounds.

I bought enough magazines so that when I go to the range I just empty the mags I preloaded (usually 10-12 per gun) and leave with empty mags. Then I leave 1/2 unloaded until the next range time and load only the remaining 1/2 (for zombie preparredness)

wildchild 12-03-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 429700)
THIS!

But I only use it for the last 2 rounds.

I bought enough magazines so that when I go to the range I just empty the mags I preloaded (usually 10-12 per gun) and leave with empty mags. Then I leave 1/2 unloaded until the next range time and load only the remaining 1/2 (for zombie preparredness)

I just ordered my 3 freebies so I was thinking of doing pretty much the same thing.