Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Proof of the "trendiness" of trucks/SUVs.... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11387)

squidward 11-04-2009 02:16 AM

This tired old shit again?

MILK 11-04-2009 05:04 AM

I miss my suv but I don't miss the MPG it got. Putting 2 large dogs in the back of a Camry is a pain too but considering my long commute I make it work!

karl_1052 11-04-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 287158)
We get snow.
Tires are what make the difference unless you want to go out when its getting close to a foot of snow and there isn't a plow in sight.

Then you need ground clearance and good tires.

I never have.
All I need are all season tires and FWD for the winter.

z06boy 11-04-2009 08:46 AM

I have a Jeep Cherokee 4x4 and when I replace it I want another small/midsized SUV 4x4. I've had it in the snow on ski trips and on the beach at the Outerbanks and when we do have inclement weather even though it's not that often it's nice to have the 4x4.

I use it to haul the dog around...to take junk/yard debris to the dump and for the runs to Lowe's and Home Depot...we put it to use and like it. :idk:

Rider 11-04-2009 09:00 AM

What you fail to see is that you were in when there was no snow on the ground. Come here in the winter and you will see more trucks/SUVs on the road. People own more than 1 car you know...

I own a SUV and a 4 door sedan and in the summer, when the family has to go out we take the sedan. Why put the miles on the SUV and drive a car the gets bad gas mileage? In the winter we take the SUV everywhere.

I do however, agree that the majority that drive SUV's do so because they are trendy and not because they need a 4WD vehicle.

z06boy 11-04-2009 09:12 AM

Oh yeah...my SUV is a 1999 Jeep Cherokee with 147k on the clock so I sure as feck am not driving it to be 'trendy'. :lol

I put 500 miles on it just this weekend driving over to Knoxville, Tennessee and back for a football game.

147K..everything still works and it's still rolling right along and I drive it to work everyday and that's about 25 miles eachway.

Rider 11-04-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 287237)
Oh yeah...my SUV is a 1999 Jeep Cherokee with 147k on the clock so I sure as feck am not driving it to be 'trendy'. :lol

I put 500 miles on it just this weekend driving over to Knoxville, Tennessee and back for a football game.

147K..everything still works and it's still rolling right along and I drive it to work everyday and that's about 25 miles eachway.

I didn't say all and you obviously fall in the minority of SUV owners. You know how many brand new suburbans there are on the road here. It's god damn ridiculous.

z06boy 11-04-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 287242)
I didn't say all and you obviously fall in the minority of SUV owners. You know how many brand new suburbans there are on the road here. It's god damn ridiculous.

Oh I'm with ya on that. My post wasn't directed at you. The area I live in has alot of soccer moms rolling around talking on the cellphone with kids in the back in Escalades...Navigators...Hummers...Armadas...and so on. You should see them in the parking lots trying to navigate without hitting anything or killing anyone.

That's one thing I don't like about the area.

Homeslice 11-04-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 287237)

Why not drive the Vette to work? It's more fun to drive, right?

buzzcutt2 11-04-2009 09:21 AM

Trends exist for a reason...they are trendy.