Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Electrical issues? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22201)

Cutty72 04-10-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 528114)
3500 miles but am on the original pirellis and those are sliding on me so I will spoon on some michelins. As for the brakes they need a good bleeding and I occasionally get soem headshake with hard braking at higher speeds. I have heard that these bikes do osscilate at times so I wasnt sure if its that or a warped rotor, but for track duty I def want better pads on there anyway.

Gotcha. 3k is all I got out of my stock pirelli's, so I hear ya there. You going with Pilot Powers or what??
Let me know what you think of them, I have about 2k left on my Angels and will not put another set on. When I ran powers before, I loved the rear but the front cupped very badly. Usually got ~6k on a set, normal riding.

Not sure what to go with next... Conti's, Bridgestone, Dunlop...

tommymac 04-10-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 528117)
Gotcha. 3k is all I got out of my stock pirelli's, so I hear ya there. You going with Pilot Powers or what??
Let me know what you think of them, I have about 2k left on my Angels and will not put another set on. When I ran powers before, I loved the rear but the front cupped very badly. Usually got ~6k on a set, normal riding.

Not sure what to go with next... Conti's, Bridgestone, Dunlop...

I swear by the pilot powers, an dnow that they have the pure or newer powers, the regular ones are cheaper. I have gotten well over 6k on a set and thats with touring/commuting miles too. I also used them on the track an dnever had an issue. I am slow to mid pack intermediate and never had the need to go with the more expensive tires.

Cutty72 04-10-2013 12:54 PM

I like them overall, they are a bit twitchy at first on the 1125, I account that to the steering geometry, but not bad once you get used to it.
I loved the grip I had with them, and the price point, but just can not get over the cupping on the front. I ran 2 sets, and had the same issue on both. Front started cupping at around 4k. Always ran the pressure at ~36 psi cold. I would run them until the rear was shot (around 6k, stupid straight roads) and then change the set. The front easily had another 3-4k on it, if not for the cupping, which got to the point that I could feel it in the bars.

marko138 04-10-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 528114)
3500 miles but am on the original pirellis and those are sliding on me so I will spoon on some michelins. As for the brakes they need a good bleeding and I occasionally get soem headshake with hard braking at higher speeds. I have heard that these bikes do osscilate at times so I wasnt sure if its that or a warped rotor, but for track duty I def want better pads on there anyway.

I managed 5000 miles on the DC III but I hated them. I put Pilot Road 2 on.

tommymac 04-10-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 528125)

I like th eold diablo corsas and use a fe wof them on my Tl1000, but they didnt seem to last very long. I got a good deal on a set of pilots, liked the feel as well and they seemed to last longer so I was sold on that.

Cutty72 04-10-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 528125)

If I could have gotten 5k+ out of the DC III's I would have gladly paid the extra $$ for them, they just worked on the Buell. Only tire I've had on that I haven't spun on corner exit (except at a track day).
I know that has as much to do with my right hand as it does the tire, but that's beside the point.

marko138 04-11-2013 09:58 AM

Going to pick up a new battery today. Decided to just bite the bullet and buy a new one. No sense in struggling with a weak battery again this year. 7 years is a good run for a battery.

tommymac 04-11-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 528143)
Going to pick up a new battery today. Decided to just bite the bullet and buy a new one. No sense in struggling with a weak battery again this year. 7 years is a good run for a battery.

No doubt, plus bump starting a big bore twin is not the easiest of things to do.

marko138 04-11-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 528147)
No doubt, plus bump starting a big bore twin is not the easiest of things to do.

Never had to do it.

tommymac 04-11-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 528149)
Never had to do it.

be happy you havent, tried a few times on the futura, and once on the TL.:td: