Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gym closed! Mind open? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17704)

101lifts2 12-26-2010 01:28 AM

Gym closed! Mind open?

The Koloseum in Fullerton, CA closed (they were evicted) on Dec. 15th. This was one of the only bodybuilding/powerlifting gyms left in Orange County. I had to join 24 hour fitness with my lifting buddy and it sucks. It's not that bad becuase the weightroom is upstairs, but I fuckin HATE the atmosphere here. There is one power rack, no deadlift rack and the music is constantly hip hop crap.

Bodybuilding and powerlifting are dying breeds. :jump:

I need to open up a gym....

Dave 12-26-2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 436194)
The Koloseum in Fullerton, CA closed (they were evicted) on Dec. 15th. This was one of the only bodybuilding/powerlifting gyms left in Orange County. I had to join 24 hour fitness with my lifting buddy and it sucks. It's not that bad becuase the weightroom is upstairs, but I fuckin HATE the atmosphere here. There is one power rack, no deadlift rack and the music is constantly hip hop crap.

Bodybuilding and powerlifting are dying breeds. :jump:

I need to open up a gym....

i guess id have to agree with you, that sort of thing was verboten at planet fitness when we still had a membership.

Amber Lamps 12-26-2010 04:42 AM

Damn NAFTA!:lol:

Apoc 12-26-2010 08:46 AM

Kolloseum closed???? WTF?? It was the top BB/PL gym in North America.

Sad, sad day :(

Particle Man 12-26-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 436199)
Damn NAFTA!:lol:

:lol

Sean 12-26-2010 09:15 AM

Sorry mang, that sucks. I'm at LA Fitness and while its crappy, at least it's cheap. Gotta go at off hours.

TYEster 12-26-2010 09:22 AM

There's no Golds in your area?

Seems to be the only commercial gym left with racks and a decent number of freeweights. Planet fatness is slowly working there way in my area, but thankfully I live close to a college town and they still have a legit, hardcore weight room that has it's dues and rules posted right on the front door. If Golds shuts up shop or changes to some shit "friendly for everyone" policy I'm changing memberships to down there.

Akilldema 12-26-2010 12:35 PM

Sucks, never been there, but it seemed like a cool gym from what I've seen and read. It was Milos Sarcev's right? Sucks BBers are often so shady, lol.

Tmall 12-26-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akilldema (Post 436261)
Sucks, never been there, but it seemed like a cool gym from what I've seen and read. It was Milos Sarcev's right? Sucks BBers are often so shady, lol.

What ya mean??? (wanna buy some gear??)

Akilldema 12-26-2010 12:43 PM

It's true, even some of the stickboys at my gym have tried to sell me various things. It would be nice to start a gym, but they seem like they aren't very profitable, at least for a few years.