Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Beginner's End (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   When I'm Right I'm Right!!! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10839)

Amber Lamps 10-06-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 275080)
I dont recall seeing that on ours, but to not be able to see this as a scam from a mile away is unbelievable.

Isn't it though...:lol:

Amber Lamps 10-06-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 275079)
I am honestly not trying to be a jerk about this. But on our CL it says in ginormous bold font right on top: OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT

Is that not on all Sale sections?

I'm not trying to be a bitch about this but she bought it off "EBay Motors" using the "buy it now" option or so she thought. It was pretty slick, he had listed on Craig's List but once she inquired, he sent her a message with the Photo Bucket link. She inquired again and he sent her the "EBay Motors" link. I wish I had it, it was perfect, complete with his 100%/75 Ebay rating with actual customer ratings you could click on. It totally navigated just like EBay. He also has a Twitter Page, a phone number (voice mail answers), AOL address, you do a reverse look up on the number and an address comes up with his name. I'm telling you, I think that she was stupid and naive (she did just turn 21 a couple months ago) but I have to admit that it was a very good scam! To be honest, if these crooks upped the price by a $1,000 they'd probably get more hits. I was honestly put off by the price and the fact that it was a Craig's List ad but once she texted me that it was on EBay I felt 100% better in all honesty. Of course, she didn't mention the wire transfer payment to me at that time. Hey, as I said, at that point, I text her to do what she wants. I figure that Pay Pal/EBay would have her back. Oh well, live and learn I guess...:idk:

marko138 10-06-2009 09:14 PM

Cleary they did their homework on the whole gimmick.

Amber Lamps 10-06-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 275117)
Cleary they did their homework on the whole gimmick.

Yea it's nuts, I'll get the links and post them once she gets her loot back. I don't want to "tip them off" so to speak. He even sent her messages after the sale, letting her know that the bike is on the way that afternoon... slick! Oh and he also had a VIN number and she had set up fucking insurance with State Farm that morning! ($40/month FC) I'm sure that he knows that people can recall wire transfers so he wants to keep them unworried...

Boy it sure sucks! She may be able to get her money back now since I called her that morning to tell her it was a scam. She literally was waiting for the bank to open to do the deal!!! She went back around 10 after class. If she had waited until after her first class to send it I would have caught her! Again live and learn! At least now we can go back to the Spring bike upgrade timetable...:rockwoot: I feel bad for her but it's kinda hard since she should get a check from G-pa tomorrow for a grand... SPOILED ROTTEN BRAT!!!:lol:

azoomm 10-07-2009 09:04 AM

I was always curious who was actually sending these people money to keep them running scams. I mean, if they didn't get anyone - they would go away, right?

Wire transfer should have tipped anyone off. Hopefully she gets her money back... it's an expensive lesson. Didn't State Farm run the VIN?

shmike 10-07-2009 09:09 AM

I hope the bike arrives at her door. :lol:

z06boy 10-07-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 275228)
I hope the bike arrives at her door. :lol:

Now that would be cool and funny at this point.

marko138 10-07-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 275252)
Now that would be cool and funny at this point.

And completely shocking.

z06boy 10-07-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 275254)
And completely shocking.

Agreed

Gas Man 10-07-2009 09:44 AM

WOW I am on the edge of my seat waiting to here the outcome....