Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Passing at the track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15753)

CrazyKell 07-26-2010 04:10 PM

Passing at the track

A comment in another thread got me thinking about passing at the track.

I know it depends which group you're in, but I've never had a problem being passed OR passing.

I know a lot of people say they don't want to hold others up, but it's their responsibility to get around you safely, not your responsibility to get out of their way.

Thoughts?

Cutty72 07-26-2010 04:13 PM

Biggest thing is hold a line. If you are all over the place, fast or slow, you are fucking up the people behind you.

shmike 07-26-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 396119)
Thoughts?

About what?

You already stated the golden rule: It is the responsibility of the passer to make it happen within the rules set forth.

CrazyKell 07-26-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 396120)
Biggest thing is hold a line. If you are all over the place, fast or slow, you are fucking up the people behind you.

Yes. I give those people a WIDE berth. :lmao:

I hold my line and if they can't get by me safely, they need to wait until they can. Likewise goes when I'm trying to pass someone.

But I never look behind me. Ever.

Sean 07-26-2010 04:28 PM

Some orgs here have a no inside passing rule, which is stupid IMO and it makes it a bitch to get around someone that isn't courteous. The key is to get up to A group so you can pass them wherever you want.

CrazyKell 07-26-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 396122)
About what?

You already stated the golden rule: It is the responsibility of the passer to make it happen within the rules set forth.

Really? Le sigh.

I know the golden rule but others obviously do not. I thought it was standard not to look behind you or hold your line and others can pass when they can.

At my local track in the lowest group it's usually passing in the straights and that's it. Intermediate is different and Hotshoe is a free for all (provided it's safe).

azoomm 07-26-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 396125)
Some orgs here have a no inside passing rule, which is stupid IMO and it makes it a bitch to get around someone that isn't courteous. The key is to get up to A group so you can pass them wherever you want.

That someone shouldn't have to be "courteous." Sean, you know better :nee:

Passing is hinky in most inexperienced groups to begin with. Passing on the inside simply encourages people to act on their impatience. Stalk, learn how predictable that person is, then pass where you can do it safely. This is what we practice.

shmike 07-26-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 396127)
Really? Le sigh.

I know the golden rule but others obviously do not. I thought it was standard not to look behind you or hold your line and others can pass when they can.

At my local track in the lowest group it's usually passing in the straights and that's it. Intermediate is different and Hotshoe is a free for all (provided it's safe).

Are you le tired?

I guess I don't understand what is being discussed here. :idk:

CasterTroy 07-26-2010 04:59 PM

Stick to the rules of your class, and don't be an ass.....and everything should be fine and dandy.

CrazyKell 07-26-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 396131)
Are you le tired?

I guess I don't understand what is being discussed here. :idk:

Yet you keep giving your two cents. :shrug:

Passing is being discussed.

Some people know the rule.

Some people don't.

Some people don't ride a lot of tracks with different organizers so are curious to hear other's points of views.

I'm not sure which one you are, but if you have nothing really to add then what's the point?