Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buying a TV (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20152)

tommymac 09-15-2011 07:36 AM

Buying a TV

Seems the smaller tv in our living room is dying a slow death and will need to start looking for a new one. To say I am out of the loop on this sort of thing is an understatememnt. Were looking for something between 32-42 inches and will likley mount it on the wall (to help keep the baby from knocking it over)

Any good places to look to start doing soem research to see what I need/want or if anyone here has suggestions. I am still hoping to hold out till black friday and see if there are any good deals to be had.

fujimoh 09-15-2011 07:52 AM

I still get emails from Circuit City. They have some pretty good prices on LCD TV's

Particle Man 09-15-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fujimoh (Post 489990)
I still get emails from Circuit City. They have some pretty good prices on LCD TV's

Problem is finding a store... Unless you want to trust online (never works out for me with TV's...)

Rider 09-15-2011 08:22 AM

I was going to say, didnt CC go out of business or was that just a regional shut down?

tommymac 09-15-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 489996)
Problem is finding a store... Unless you want to trust online (never works out for me with TV's...)

I was never too keen with circuit city employees anyway. On more than one occasion they seemed prety incompetent and didn tknow the products. Plus I am not sure if there are any more stores open up here.

Rangerscott 09-15-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 489999)
I was going to say, didnt CC go out of business or was that just a regional shut down?

The brick & morters are gone. The online tag teams with tigerdirect.com

askmrjesus 09-15-2011 09:55 AM

We picked up 42" Toshiba HD 1080 from Amazon.

About 425.00 delivered.

Nice picture, no complaints.

JC

AquaPython 09-15-2011 09:55 AM

you want top end for that size?
start with LG and Samsung.

also, thoroughly research what you want and the prices you expect to make sure you know you are getting a deal on black friday.

OneSickPsycho 09-15-2011 09:56 AM

Check out the audio/visual and home theatre forums... Those guys forgot more than I've ever known about the stuff (or cared to) and they constantly review stuff...

I'd shop online if you can't wait - generally much cheaper even if you have to pay for shipping... I got my tv from newegg, several hundred cheaper than in the stores and I couldn't find it any lower online...

With any significant purchase - use a credit card that offers replacement and/or extended warranty.

marko138 09-15-2011 10:01 AM

I've got a LG LCD for the bedroom that I bought at Wal Mart for 4 bones. It looks every bit as good as my 1080p Panasonic plasma.