Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Beginner's End (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   MSF class, yay.. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=5313)

marko138 01-18-2009 02:19 PM

I had 2 girls in my class crash and they both passed. Scary sorta.

JoJoYZF 01-18-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 148470)
I had 2 girls in my class crash and they both passed. Scary sorta.

Yeah basically. I only had one girl in my class that didnt pass and thats cuz she didnt show up after the first day of riding when she crashed. I was worried about passing because I wasnt very smooth with the damn figure 8s but I made it through the class.

MikeSP1 01-18-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 148473)
Yeah basically. I only had one girl in my class that didnt pass and thats cuz she didnt show up after the first day of riding when she crashed. I was worried about passing because I wasnt very smooth with the damn figure 8s but I made it through the class.

I shifted the loaner bike into second to make the figure 8, little did I know that the damn thing didn't like to shift into second. Ran out of speed in neutral while trying to flip it from left to right and had to put a foot down. Only mark down I had, but it still should not have happened.

JoJoYZF 01-18-2009 02:35 PM

I think I was in second for mine as well and had about the same thing happen.

Cutty72 01-18-2009 03:41 PM

did my whole MSF class in 2nd. way easier.

rogue 01-18-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 147816)
like cutty said... practice.

with the clutch try letting the clutch out FIRST before giving it gas... let the clutch out just enough till the bike starts to roll... then roll on the throttle. on my ZZR the throttle response was horrible under 20mph... so I'd use verry little to 0 throttle and just slip the clutch to stop the jerky rock'n that would happen if I just let the clutch out and controlled my speed with the throttle.

with the cones... try not to look at the cones... look UP... you look down you will either miss cones or put a foot down. run through it looking at an imaginary point straight ahead over each cone. you should have an idea if you missed them, but shouldn't know for sure until you stop and look back... if you do miss them... it's not the end of the world...

I'm sure you'll be fine...

GOOD LUCK!!!

:dthumb:

RCM78 01-18-2009 06:20 PM

The easiest way to perform all the slow speed manuevers is hold the throttle at a certain point and control the speed of the bike with the clutch. They call it the friction zone. Makes it alot easier.

OneSickPsycho 01-18-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM78 (Post 148635)
The easiest way to perform all the slow speed manuevers is hold the throttle at a certain point and control the speed of the bike with the clutch. They call it the friction zone. Makes it alot easier.

And drag the rear brake...

Sixxxxer 01-18-2009 06:44 PM

I did everything right except braking...I braked late and got marked off otherwise i was perfecy...But those figure 8's were definatly a bitch.

As stated, Practice is the best thing to do.

Mr Lefty 01-18-2009 06:49 PM

i got marked down for doing the two finger mcgillicutty... don't need 4 fingers to stop my bike... bitch will stand on end with just two.

the instructor who rode a old fireblade said she understood but had to mark me down because of it.