Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Belly up to the Bar (aka The Post Whorin' Thread) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6070)

rogue 02-14-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 165498)
Fucking work sucks.

At least you have a job! redflip

marko138 02-14-2009 05:54 PM

True. Sorry. I just have no desire to be here on a Saturday.

Cutty72 02-14-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 165501)

First day off in 4 weeks... i ain't doin SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

rogue 02-14-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 165501)

Eh, no biggie. Even in this godforsaken state, I'm positive about finding a job. Even if it's some shit job or two until something else better comes along. :dhtumb: This is nothing more than a minor setback. I've been through worse.

It's just a bit daunting because I have kids.

marko138 02-14-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 165507)
Eh, no biggie. Even in this godforsaken state, I'm positive about finding a job. Even if it's some shit job or two until something else better comes along. :dhtumb: This is nothing more than a minor setback. I've been through worse.

It's just a bit daunting because I have kids.

Thats a good attitude to have.

rogue 02-14-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 165513)
Thats a good attitude to have.

I have to. Otherwise I'll get depressed and just make things worse. :lol:

We'll see how optimistic I am in a couple of weeks when I haven't found shit for a job. :lol:

marko138 02-14-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 165518)
I have to. Otherwise I'll get depressed and just make things worse. :lol:

We'll see how optimistic I am in a couple of weeks when I haven't found shit for a job. :lol:

I just applied for a job on Friday. They say the best time to look for a job is when you have one...so...what the hell....we'll see what happens.

rogue 02-14-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 165519)
I just applied for a job on Friday. They say the best time to look for a job is when you have one...so...what the hell....we'll see what happens.

I've already filled out three online applications today and working on another one. One of them is for a position like the one I had. I'm also making a basic resume and having a couple of friends go over it since I suck at them and haven't made on in years.

I didn't realize Monday was a holiday so Tuesday I have a few places in mind to go to, one of which is a reputable employment agency that people I know have gone through for a job. Right now I'm trying to get as many apps and resumes out there as possible while I'm in in the go-getter mode. Nothing like being told "we're not hiring" constantly to bring a person's optimism down. :lol:

Good luck on your job search!

marko138 02-14-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 165521)
I've already filled out three online applications today and working on another one. One of them is for a position like the one I had. I'm also making a basic resume and having a couple of friends go over it since I suck at them and haven't made on in years.

I didn't realize Monday was a holiday so Tuesday I have a few places in mind to go to, one of which is a reputable employment agency that people I know have gone through for a job. Right now I'm trying to get as many apps and resumes out there as possible while I'm in in the go-getter mode. Nothing like being told "we're not hiring" constantly to bring a person's optimism down. :lol:

Good luck on your job search!

Thanks. I wasn't necessarily looking...but a state job opened up...and I figured what the hell. We laid a bunch of ppl off a few weeks ago...so I already had a tape and resume ready to go.

rogue 02-14-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 165522)
Thanks. I wasn't necessarily looking...but a state job opened up...and I figured what the hell. We laid a bunch of ppl off a few weeks ago...so I already had a tape and resume ready to go.

State job? Does that mean you'll have to take a civil service exam?

I went to our state's civil service website and it's down until Monday. I'm going to see what all I can apply for there and take the exam. Typically, working for the state of LA the pay isn't the best depending upon what you're doing, but the benefits are most excellent and make up for it. I have a couple of friends and varying aquaintainces who have state jobs and do well in their fields and have some of the best benefits I've seen. :dthumb: If I can get my foot in the door at the local hospital, they'll also pay for education for some medical positions too. That would be awesome! :D