Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gym closed! Mind open? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17704)

Akilldema 12-26-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 436210)
Kolloseum closed???? WTF?? It was the top BB/PL gym in North America.

Sad, sad day :(

I think Westside would be the top PL gym. Still think Bev Francis on East Coast and Venice/other cali Golds are the top BB gyms WC.

101lifts2 12-26-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 436213)
Sorry mang, that sucks. I'm at LA Fitness and while its crappy, at least it's cheap. Gotta go at off hours.

I've been giong at 10pm and it's still a good number of people in there.

101lifts2 12-26-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 436215)
There's no Golds in your area?

Seems to be the only commercial gym left with racks and a decent number of freeweights. Planet fatness is slowly working there way in my area, but thankfully I live close to a college town and they still have a legit, hardcore weight room that has it's dues and rules posted right on the front door. If Golds shuts up shop or changes to some shit "friendly for everyone" policy I'm changing memberships to down there.

Yeah there is a Gold's in Fullerton that is just opening up. But...it's more like a Life Time Fitness with a kickboxing ring. They are still in the "preview" stage, and I'm month to month at 24hour, so I'm gonna check it out again in March when the influx crowd dies down. I went there and was almost jumped by the college salespeople. It's basically a commericalized gym.

101lifts2 12-26-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akilldema (Post 436261)
Sucks, never been there, but it seemed like a cool gym from what I've seen and read. It was Milos Sarcev's right? Sucks BBers are often so shady, lol.

Yeah Milos.....There was alot of drama there. The wife was bangin whatever hard dick Bodybuilder she could get her hands on for a LONG ASS TIME. In fact there was this 24 or so year old dude that was working the counter and he mysteriously was fired a few months back. Turned out Milos found out she was bangin him (it was obvious the way he was around her) and canned him. Dude was cool as hell too (he was going to be a trainer). I have no idea why Milos put up with it for so long, though unless he was doing the same ish.

Alot of BBers got their gear from him, which I think is how the place stayed open for so long. After he went to jail for a few months in the July timeframe (there was some shit that he was stealing from the gym) we knew it wasn't gonna be long before this place closed. There was a "room" upstairs where they would inject, but that went away a year or two ago when he was again being questioned by the DEA.

101lifts2 12-26-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akilldema (Post 436264)
I think Westside would be the top PL gym. Still think Bev Francis on East Coast and Venice/other cali Golds are the top BB gyms WC.

I've followed Westside powerlifting routines for a long time. Prolly the best IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 436262)
What ya mean??? (wanna buy some gear??)

He's no novice if you know what I mean. :lol:

Homeslice 12-26-2010 02:20 PM

Yeah, 24 Hour Fitness........voted "most likely to mysteriously double in traffic the first 2 weeks of Jan" :lol:

Only reason I belong is cuz I only pay $49 PER YEAR.......for life

101lifts2 12-26-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 436283)
Yeah, 24 Hour Fitness........voted "most likely to mysteriously double in traffic the first 2 weeks of Jan" :lol:

Only reason I belong is cuz I only pay $49 PER YEAR.......for life

How'd u snake that deal? I think I pay 30 a month there, which is OK as I use the gym 4 days a week. Money is not really an object with gyms for me personally, IF the gym is a good old school bb gym.

Rangerscott 12-26-2010 04:19 PM

You can always do your pilates at home.

101lifts2 12-26-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 436307)
You can always do your pilates at home.

I don't even know what that is...prolly don't want to either. redflip

Rangerscott 12-26-2010 05:06 PM

The pilate pirates. Arrrrrrrr.