Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gym closed! Mind open? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17704)

tallywacker 12-26-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 436199)
Damn NAFTA!:lol:

I see what you did there:lol

Porkchop 12-27-2010 12:50 AM

Those giant corpo "Globo" style gyms are a joke. I almost got a job at an Urban Active gym doing the high pressure tactic membersip selling. It would have been good money, but I didnt feel comfortable the minute I walked in the door for the interview.

You gotta find a small personal gym. A mom and pop place. Even if you have to drive an extra few minutes, its worth it.

I go to a local YMCA. It is a good balance between the two. It feels more homey. But then again, I'm not a BB. If I was I would go to Powershack here in GC.

pauldun170 12-27-2010 02:25 AM

My local Golds gym is kinda ratty but I'm glad its still around. All the <insert LA\Planet\Whatever> fitness places that are opening up all suck.

pickle.of.doom 12-27-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 436378)

You gotta find a small personal gym. A mom and pop place. Even if you have to drive an extra few minutes, its worth it.

My local place like that got closed down a few years back, and I can't stomach any of the other places around :(

Gas Man 12-27-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom (Post 436386)
My local place like that got closed down a few years back, and I can't stomach any of the other places around :(

That's a big issue for my area. You have power house which is crap. THen anytime fitness that bends you over for the 24/7 angle of fucking. I seriously just need to get a bow flex or somin.

Rider 12-27-2010 10:29 AM

My work has a super nice gym.

ontwo 12-27-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 436425)
That's a big issue for my area. You have power house which is crap. THen anytime fitness that bends you over for the 24/7 angle of fucking. I seriously just need to get a bow flex or somin.

Then you'll have one helluva clothes rack :lol:

Dave 12-27-2010 11:46 AM

Ya know thinking about it it seems the Bb gyms in the area have dissapeared in lieu of mma oriented gyms

Apoc 12-27-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 436465)
Ya know thinking about it it seems the Bb gyms in the area have dissapeared in lieu of mma oriented gyms

Naww, they dissapear because the hardcore segment of gym users is so small, and most cities really cant support a hardcore gym like that. It causes a membership problem, because for many reasons (fear, jealousy, embarrassment, just plain uncomfortable) the regular users dont want to train in a BB/PL gym. And you cant blame them in some ways.

And then the hardcore guys dont want to train at regular gyms, because in most cases they just dont have the equipment they need.

Hell, when I was juiced, I tried training at a 'fitness club', and I was asked not to use so many plates at one time because there was not enough for the other users. To be fair, I had like 1800lbs on the leg sled, but still, it proved to me that I just could not train in a place like that as a hardcore lifter.

Akilldema 12-27-2010 02:22 PM

40 plates? Come on dude. The gym I go to has a monolift, chalk all over the floor, etc and I doubt our leg press will hold that much.. A fitness club with that kind of equipment would shock me. Not to mention you doing it with good form.