Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   2012 Civic Scores too Low to be "Recommended by Consumer Reports" (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19815)

101lifts2 08-02-2011 02:18 AM

2012 Civic Scores too Low to be "Recommended by Consumer Reports"

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/consumer...commended.html

lulz

I agree that the interior build quality of Civics nowadays is garbage.

Homeslice 08-02-2011 12:22 PM

OK, but if it was the Si version you wanted, does Ford or Chevy have anything that competes with that? No.

Mikey 08-02-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 483813)
OK, but if it was the Si version you wanted, does Ford or Chevy have anything that competes with that? No.

Ford is buiding an SVT Focus

Of course, for the price tag of a Civic Si, you can have a 300+hp, 30mpg V6 Mustang or Camaro.

The Civic Si fanboys are fucking retarded. All of them. The Civic is, and always has been, an economy car (and not a very good one, at that). Trying to pretend it's something else is foolish and ridiculous.

Homeslice 08-02-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 483879)
Ford is buiding an SVT Focus

Of course, for the price tag of a Civic Si, you can have a 300+hp, 30mpg V6 Mustang or Camaro.

The Civic Si fanboys are fucking retarded. All of them. The Civic is, and always has been, an economy car (and not a very good one, at that). Trying to pretend it's something else is foolish and ridiculous.

I could also say that pretending a Mustang/Camaro is a sportscar is foolish. They're muscle cars that have been forced into handling decently. They were built off platforms shared with sedans, not dedicated sportscar platforms like Porsches, Miatas, etc.

At least with Civics you are starting with a lighter base, so it's easier to make it handle.

I would honestly rather have the new Civic Si (much improved over last year's), than a V6 Mustang/Camaro. With a V6 Mustang/Camaro you don't get the top brakes/suspension, and people can easily tell it's not the top model, so you look like a poser or a secretary. :lol: Also I'm quite sure that a Civic Si handles better, and is almost as fast, as those cars.

Mikey 08-02-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 483882)
I could also say that pretending a Mustang/Camaro is a sportscar is foolish. They're muscle cars that have been forced into handling decently. They were built off platforms shared with sedans, not dedicated sportscar platforms like Porsches, Miatas, etc.

At least with Civics you are starting with a lighter base, so it's easier to make it handle.

I would honestly rather have the new Civic Si (much improved over last year's), than a V6 Mustang/Camaro. With a V6 Mustang/Camaro you don't get the top brakes/suspension, and people can easily tell it's not the top model, so you look like a poser or a secretary. :lol: Also I'm quite sure that a Civic Si handles better, and is almost as fast, as those cars.

You're delusional.

Here's a little tip for you: There's no such thing as a FWD sportscar.

The Mustang and Camaro are not and never were sportscars. They are Ponycars. It's nice of you to point out the heritage, as it's a damn sight better than the Civic, notably from a performance standpoint.

I'm off now to check performance numbers, but think about this: if you ask 100 people whether they would rather have a Civic Si or a Mustang or Camaro, what do you think you'd get?

Homeslice 08-02-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 483889)
I'm off now to check performance numbers, but think about this: if you ask 100 people whether they would rather have a Civic Si or a Mustang or Camaro, what do you think you'd get?

Are you asking specifically about V6 Mustangs/Camaros?

Because if you are, I think you'd be surprised by the results.

I've met/spoke to tons of Honda 'fanboys' who diss Mustangs/Camaros all the time.

Mikey 08-02-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 483892)
Are you asking specifically about V6 Mustangs/Camaros?

Because if you are, I think you'd be surprised by the results.

I've met/spoke to tons of Honda 'fanboys' who diss Mustangs/Camaros all the time.

That's because they're retarded.

The 2012 Cic Si goes 0-60 in 6.9 seconds. The V-6 Mustang does it in 5.1.

One of those is a performance car, and one of them is an overpriced, underpowered, underperforming poser that relies on badges and ignorance to generate sales.

Homeslice 08-02-2011 09:17 PM

Whatever you say chief. I guess every Civic Si owner bought it just because it's a Honda. They couldn't have possibly bought it because they liked it.

To me, the way a car feels & responds to the wheel is more important than how fast it accelerates or how much lateral G it generates. And no muscle car will ever feel like a small car.

LOL @ 3,500 lbs for a V6 Mustang (and 3,800 for a V6 Camaro :lol: ).

Mikey 08-02-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 483902)
LOL @ 3,500 lbs for a V6 Mustang (and 3,800 for a V6 Camaro :lol: ).

LOL @ 200 hp for Civic Si. :lol:

I can play this game all day, and the Honda loses every time. ;)

Homeslice 08-02-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 483904)
LOL @ 200 hp for Civic Si. :lol:

I can play this game all day, and the Honda loses every time. ;)

Sure, if 0-60 times are your sole definition of win or loss.