Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I have to carry my camera more often. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14039)

No Worries 04-01-2010 01:00 AM

I have to carry my camera more often.

Yesterday the temperature hit 82 breaking a record. I think a lot of riders took off from work as there were motorcycles everywhere. I was riding west of town and came up next to a rider at a stoplight. What a strange sportbike; it had no front fork. It was a Bimota Tesi with the linked front end. He said it had an 1100 engine.

Today I rode up Lookout with my friends. One had a Gixxer 1000 and the other had an Aprilia Mille Factory that had been repaired. The Aprilia rider waved me ahead. At the top, he checked his tire pressure - 25 pounds in both tires. The Gixxer rider had a tire repair kit with two CO2 cartridges. One cartridge in the front tire raised it to 32. The other in the huge rear only raised it to 29. The fun part was three old guys working on his bike. I wish I had my camera.

Riceaholic 04-01-2010 03:53 AM

Tesi's are beautiful. I saw one in Daytona back in about '97 and it was an absolute work of art.

Gas Man 04-01-2010 10:33 AM

Yeah that would have been cool. Those cartridges dont pack a great deal of air. I carry a pack of 15 in my tourpack... I figure if the tires flat I'll use them all.

Adeptus_Minor 04-01-2010 11:22 AM

Even with a cell phone camera, I manage to miss a lot of photo ops that occur while driving/riding.
:idk:

tached1000rr 04-01-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 356192)
Even with a cell phone camera, I manage to miss a lot of photo ops that occur while driving/riding.
:idk:

me too and I've never been good at picture taking, before digi pics I was bad to use a roll of film and never get it developed.

Dave 04-01-2010 12:27 PM

tesi is easily one of my favorite bikes. Was it half faired white with an orange red frame?

sfarson 04-01-2010 11:33 PM

John... Those Tesi's are interesting bikes. The owner probably bought it from Erico. It sat on the floor for a loooong time. Happened to be in your neighborhood yesterday. Rode to Golden and had a 3M film shop place some clear protection at the bottom front of the fairing from the mile of dirt/rocks flung until I get to pavement. Following I rode the tunnels of Clear Creek Canyon up to Idaho Springs for some lunchtime chow.

No Worries 04-02-2010 11:16 AM

The Tesi was Italian flag colors, red, white, and green. He said he just moved to town, so I don't think he bought it at Erico's. It's funny when you come to a stop light by yourself, it takes about 10 minutes for the light to change green. But when you pull up next to an interesting bike or rider, the light changes green in ten seconds.

I've seen a Yamaha GTS1000 with it's massive beam front suspension and shock. But the Tesi had a delicate trellis front suspension. Pictures don't do it justice.

Steve, I don't go to Erico's. They are so friendly, I'm afraid I'll ride out on a new Ducati. Speaking of Erico's, did you go to Gary Eagan's talk a few years ago about his Iron-butt rides? There's an article about Eagan in the May issue of Motorcyclist.

And I did Lookout Mountain yesterday. Brought my camera and saw nothing. Except for the black clouds that were rolling in from the northwest. Looked like summer thunderstorm clouds so I went down quickly. Only saw one bike, a gray bike in a switchback that was going up. That wasn't you Steve, was it? I had my black Suzuki. What were you riding?

Dave 04-02-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 356569)
The Tesi was Italian flag colors, red, white, and green. He said he just moved to town, so I don't think he bought it at Erico's. It's funny when you come to a stop light by yourself, it takes about 10 minutes for the light to change green. But when you pull up next to an interesting bike or rider, the light changes green in ten seconds.

I've seen a Yamaha GTS1000 with it's massive beam front suspension and shock. But the Tesi had a delicate trellis front suspension. Pictures don't do it justice.

Steve, I don't go to Erico's. They are so friendly, I'm afraid I'll ride out on a new Ducati. Speaking of Erico's, did you go to Gary Eagan's talk a few years ago about his Iron-butt rides? There's an article about Eagan in the May issue of Motorcyclist.

And I did Lookout Mountain yesterday. Brought my camera and saw nothing. Except for the black clouds that were rolling in from the northwest. Looked like summer thunderstorm clouds so I went down quickly. Only saw one bike, a gray bike in a switchback that was going up. That wasn't you Steve, was it? I had my black Suzuki. What were you riding?

trellis front swingarm? Sounds like a tesi 3d

sfarson 04-03-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 356569)

Yeah, wouldn't have been the Tesi at Erico. It was red/white/black. Let's see... yesterday was getting the VFR serviced along with some new tires placed, and Thursday... oh, rode to Deckers for a lunchmeat sandwich. :dribble: