Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Sports Bar (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   The Michael Irvin Show (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13137)

Kaneman 02-05-2010 05:36 PM

The Michael Irvin Show

Goddamn, ESPN didn't even give him a chance to prove his innocence. I guess that's the way the business works now, especially with the Tiger debacle and whatnot, but come on. He had a great broadcast yesterday from FL, Joe Montana was on there, Roger Staubach and a couple other guys too and today...BAM! FIRED! Just like that. They even photoshopped him out of the group picture on the ESPN Dallas website. :lol:

It is sad to me that all it takes to have your career destroyed is a simple allegation.

defector 02-05-2010 05:37 PM

:whosr:

Allegations?

tommymac 02-05-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 332880)
Goddamn, ESPN didn't even give him a chance to prove his innocence. I guess that's the way the business works now, especially with the Tiger debacle and whatnot, but come on. He had a great broadcast yesterday from FL, Joe Montana was on there, Roger Staubach and a couple other guys too and today...BAM! FIRED! Just like that. They even photoshopped him out of the group picture on the ESPN Dallas website. :lol:

It is sad to me that all it takes to have your career destroyed is a simple allegation.

Well this isnt exactly his first allegation either.

Kaneman 02-05-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 332883)
Well this isnt exactly his first allegation either.

Nope, and the other accuser admitted that she made it up. Irvin is an easy target, he's a big, rich, athletic black dude with a criminal past. People say, "Oh, well he used to do coke...he definitely raped that chic."

Defector, a woman accused him of a rape that happened 3 years ago and is suing him for $1,000,000. This was all planned to coincide with his broadcast from the SuperBowl...and it appears to have worked nicely. Though it remains to be seen if she'll get paid.

Kaneman 02-05-2010 05:43 PM

Here is the Wikipedia entry from the first accusation...

False sexual assault allegation

Irvin sustained further damage to his reputation in 1996 when controversy reared its head again as the Cowboys prepared to play the Carolina Panthers for their NFC Divisional Playoff game. Media reports stated that Irvin and teammate Erik Williams had sexually assaulted a Dallas woman, Nina Shahravan, and, with a gun to her head, videotaped the interaction.

Despite Williams' and Irvin's denials of the allegations, the story overshadowed the game, which the Cowboys lost. The accuser was later proven to have fabricated the entire incident. She recanted her story, pled guilty to perjury and filing a false police report and was sentenced to 90 days in prison and a fine.

In the first quarter of the playoff game with Carolina, with Shahravan's allegations under active investigation by Dallas police, Irvin suffered a broken collarbone, ending his 1996 season

defector 02-05-2010 05:43 PM

Ah, I thought this was something new.
Irvin is still one of my favorite players ever.

Kaneman 02-05-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defector (Post 332893)
Ah, I thought this was something new.
Irvin is still one of my favorite players ever.

It is, just came out last night and he was promptly fired from ESPN and his show taken off the air.

They fired his broadcasting partner too, lol.

Porkchop 02-05-2010 05:46 PM

Money grubbin' bitches.... :bs:

defector 02-05-2010 05:49 PM

NFL Network didn't cut him loose there too did they?

Kaneman 02-05-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defector (Post 332902)
NFL Network didn't cut him loose there too did they?

Not that I've heard...but I imagine they will. The Commish was asked about it earlier and said he hadn't heard anything yet, etc. etc....so we'll see.