Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Anyone have experience with Triumph Sprint ST? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19360)

tached1000rr 06-04-2011 07:48 PM

Anyone have experience with Triumph Sprint ST?

I seriously considered trading the CBR for one today, just wondered if anyone here has had seat time on one or other tidbits to offer about this bike? Any known quirks?

Seems to be a good match with where I'm at with riding right now.

Cutty72 06-04-2011 08:08 PM

Depends on your definition of "experience"
Went to a school and another one of the students had one. We switched back and forth a lot, so I got a fair amount of seat time.
Decent throttle response, still very much on the sporty side of sport tourer. Hard bags are awesome and easy to use/remove, and the tail bag is handy (so he says, didn't have it on).

It's in the top 3 for me on next bike... Granted, if you go new it's now the GT instead of the ST.

*edit to add that the seat could use a little work. Just felt "funny" to me? Lots of aftermarket options out there though.

tached1000rr 06-04-2011 09:24 PM

Thanks for the feedback

Cutty72 06-04-2011 11:30 PM

No prob.
Compared to my 1125, it's not quite as responsive to throttle, but far more linear in the powerband. (it will still wheelie, if you want it to) Turn in was a bit quicker, but didn't feel quite as solid at aggressive lean angles (close to knee dragging), fine for average street riding though. Brakes are good, I don't think the suspension has all the adjust-ability though. And of course, it's got the sweet sexy triple sound :drool:

tommymac 06-05-2011 08:50 AM

my friend has one and I have been meaning to ride it so I can compare i tto the gt. He likes it alot, his biggest complaint is with the projector type headlights. Other than that he loves it, does a lot of commuting and touring and he more than holds his own in the twisties with it.

I wil ask him about any of the quirks or things you need to be aware of.

Homeslice 06-05-2011 02:14 PM

I've been looking at them, they are better than VFR's imo. Great styling, although the new one isn't as good-looking as the old one because the side-mounted exhaust hides the single-sided swingarm.

tached1000rr 06-05-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 474275)
I've been looking at them, they are better than VFR's imo. Great styling, although the new one isn't as good-looking as the old one because the side-mounted exhaust hides the single-sided swingarm.

A good selling point on the VFR is that you can find honda dealerships just about everywhere compared to Triumph.

tommymac 06-05-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 474288)
A good selling point on the VFR is that you can find honda dealerships just about everywhere compared to Triumph.

Triumph is getting better with the # of dealrs I have noticed.

tached1000rr 06-05-2011 03:30 PM

I have good access to Triumph dealers where I live too, decisions-decisions, sexy triple sound or v4 howl???

Homeslice 06-05-2011 03:47 PM

from what I've heard the triumph blows away the vfr when it comes to torque