Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Proof of the "trendiness" of trucks/SUVs.... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11387)

Tmall 11-05-2009 10:03 AM

So, its better to drive a vehicle with a higher center of gravity and a larger area for the wind to blow against?

RACER X 11-05-2009 10:13 AM

who's worried about wind.........

Adeptus_Minor 11-05-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 287992)

Asks the guy living in a city along Texas' hurricane alley...

shmike 11-05-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 287992)

People that drive in bad weather.....

z06boy 11-05-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 287690)
That has nothing to do with the suv. I used to work at Costco and last going off I worked in the lot. I seen people with econo boxes that couldn't drive. Some drove like they had 40 ft trailers behind them. Some people just suck at driving.

James

Well it did in the context I used it in because I was responding to Rider that brought up big Suburbans and SUV's in general and I was just giving an example as to what I've seen around here as far as soccer moms in big SUV's. :idk:

It's just crazy watching them trying to manauver such a large vehicle in a parking lot when they are trying to multi-task and don't seem to have the best of skills in the first place.

I'm not one of the SUV bashers here either. I own a small one as I posted and my company vehicle is a Lincoln Navigator. :idk:

As far as people not knowing how to drive I agree with your statement here...that has nothing to do with SUV's. I see bozo's driving bad in everything from a Prius to large SUV's and pickups.

RACER X 11-05-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 287993)
Asks the guy living in a city along Texas' hurricane alley...

ah thats 1-2x a yr at most.........now rain thats a diff story, as the pic depicts.

btw, the GX and LX lexus veh. have adj. ride height "on the fly".

unknownroad 11-05-2009 11:00 AM

Ahh, snow... I still remember the excitement of driving a fwd car on nearly-bald tires and having it lose traction on a steep downhill. And being blown clean across a bridge in a 4wd truck on ice.

My solution was to move someplace warm. :rockwoot:

pauldun170 11-05-2009 11:03 AM

Be nice if some people who have a truck had the balls to say why they had a truck and not come up with a long bullshit list of excuses.

"I have truck because I wanted a truck and I liked this one in particular. I didn't ask you to justify why you drive a Passat did I? Now fuck off."

RACER X 11-05-2009 11:05 AM

oh yeah, I want a lx470 because I want a lx470 and I liked this one in particular. I didn't ask you to justify why you drive a XXXX did I? Now fuck off."

pauldun170 11-05-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownroad (Post 288026)
Ahh, snow... I still remember the excitement of driving a fwd car on nearly-bald tires and having it lose traction on a steep downhill. And being blown clean across a bridge in a 4wd truck on ice.

My solution was to move someplace warm. :rockwoot:

I made a few snowy trips upstate in an 82 V6 Monte Carlo that not only had bald tires...it had wide bald tires. I always had one wheel with tread on it, however more often than not it sat in the trunk because it was a different size rim than the others on the car.

I used to carry 3 full spare tires in the back for those trips.