Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Whats in derfs garage today (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16774)

nhgunnut 10-15-2010 07:13 AM

You are very lucky to have your children are involved in the process. I am jealous

azoomm 10-15-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 417637)
Make me do homework will you? We'll just see about that won't we mom?

She wants to drive it, she gets to work on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 417652)
Awesome to see the kids working but no need to be a dick about it.

For Christ's sake, buy the kid a set of T handles!

Dick about it? See above... I do agree on the T-handles though.

Derf, it's good to see someone else working with their kids in the garage. It can sometimes be frustrating stopping and explaining things. And, not working at the pace you normally would. But, it's completely worth it in the end.

G-Rex 10-15-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 417886)
It can sometimes be frustrating stopping and explaining things. And, not working at the pace you normally would. But, it's completely worth it in the end.

That's why my friends don't come over when I'm working on stuff. I'll take the time to stop and explain what I'm doing whether they want to hear it or not. LOL

Dave 10-15-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 417889)
That's why my friends don't come over when I'm working on stuff. I'll take the time to stop and explain what I'm doing whether they want to hear it or not. LOL

I'm the complete opposite, I almost can't stop. Vic gets mad at me all the time cause we were supposed to do mods together and I'm like "what? You passed me tools." Lol

derf 10-15-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Dick about it? See above... I do agree on the T-handles though.

Dick about it, naw, he just needs to learn the value of hard work. Actually I just cant bring myself to buy a set when I have every size I already need.

Quote:

Derf, it's good to see someone else working with their kids in the garage. It can sometimes be frustrating stopping and explaining things. And, not working at the pace you normally would. But, it's completely worth it in the end.

I could have been done in under 2 hours if I didnt have help, with help it took almost 2 hours o get the body off

azoomm 10-15-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 417889)

It's why I now don't work on bikes at the track. That garage is too large, and open to other humans walking through. Do you have any idea how often Bo or Evan have advised people to walk away from me.... and said person somehow tries to take tools away from me to "help" :skep:

The kids are great, they are curious and actually interested in working. Other people are just curious.

G-Rex 10-15-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 417894)
Do you have any idea how often Bo or Evan have advised people to walk away from me.... and said person somehow tries to take tools away from me to "help" :skep:

I can see Bo or Evan warning bystanders to keep their distance, but for someone to actually try to take tools from you? Wow, I'd pay money to see that. :lol I'd imagine that would get a pretty sharp retort, if not a torque wrench upside the head. :D

the chi 10-15-2010 09:30 AM

They do that crap to me too, "oh, you're so cute, let me take care of that for you." Eff you buddy, unless I need brute strength to get something loose, back off.

I'm a very cranky mechanic. Just ask my hubby.

I'm just a girl, but for some reason Im the only one on the ride that always has tools. And zip ties. And a knife. :lol:

azoomm 10-15-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 417893)
Dick about it, naw, he just needs to learn the value of hard work. Actually I just cant bring myself to buy a set when I have every size I already need.

I could have been done in under 2 hours if I didnt have help, with help it took almost 2 hours o get the body off

That's pretty good... quick little bugger. :)

defector 10-15-2010 10:54 AM

Now that my kid has his own big bike, I hardly even have to ask him to help with anything in the garage.
This morning he sent me a text to let me know we need safety wire before we hit the track day next weekend, because my bike wouldn't pass tech. :lol