Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Think its time to go track and not look back (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19868)

HokieDNA01 08-08-2011 10:41 AM

Think its time to go track and not look back

Had a wonderful weekend up at the Dragon with some GREAT new friends this past weekend. We were there to celebrate the life of a wonderful man/rider that was killed up there Thursday but a Semi Truck that blocked the entire rode and ended up killing the rider (more to come on that in another thread).

I had a great time as always but ended up having a little too much fun with a fellow rider (wera racer) and gave him a run for his money through the twisties and did a hard roll on on a HUGE straight only to look up the road and see blue lights. SHIT! I asked him what to do (RUN RUN RUN) but we decided to pull over. Maybe professional curtesy would save us...no. I'm screwed. Trip...you know a good lawyer in Graham county? I'm not worried about the money.

Kathy is a VERY VERY VERY VERY bad girl :didntdo::wtfru::tremble:

I'm starting to feel like I need to just decommission the Ol' Gix and get something with a little less "ovaries". I just dont feel like I'm having fun lately unless I'm hauling. I love my bike to death but she is working very hard to strip me of my license (clean record up to this point) and could have very easily landed me in jail this weekend. I'm an idiot.

azoomm 08-08-2011 10:45 AM

Bummer. Good luck on the ticket. There have been times I've thought about giving up riding on the street. Then I got a BMW and hit the open road... I love this. I think there is a time and place for all antics, the street just isn't that place.

Kaneman 08-08-2011 10:49 AM

FTP, good luck!!

askmrjesus 08-08-2011 10:56 AM

You damn kids and your crotch rockets...

Plead insanity. Only a crazy person would ride that fast, right?

JC

HokieDNA01 08-08-2011 10:57 AM

well i'm hoping once/if I get past this that I can maybe have enough money left to pick up the Honda NT700V I have been eyeing. Maybe bring my pace down and be able to smell the flowers a little more. I'll put the Gix on the track...hell, maybe i'll even go for a WERA license. who knows. I just want to get past October at this point with out giving myself high blood pressure

HokieDNA01 08-08-2011 10:59 AM

The guy that got pulled over with me was also a cop. Figured we had a good chance to at least get it reduced. No such luck. He tried to talk to him and the cop even told him to step back for his own personal safety? Wha?

Maybe we should start a contest on:

"How fast was Kathy riding on a public street?"

Fuck Me!

askmrjesus 08-08-2011 11:01 AM

I'm in.

127 mph.

JC

tommymac 08-08-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 484559)
I'm in.

127 mph.

JC

thats crazy talk, her gsxr doesnt have enough stickers to go that fast :lol:

I would assume that se didnt get radar on you, and may be under 100 since you guys didnt get arrested/bikes impounded.

Trip 08-08-2011 11:06 AM

I can ask around and see who people use, Kathy.

Trip 08-08-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 484546)
I'm starting to feel like I need to just decommission the Ol' Gix and get something with a little less "ovaries". I just dont feel like I'm having fun lately unless I'm hauling. I love my bike to death but she is working very hard to strip me of my license (clean record up to this point) and could have very easily landed me in jail this weekend. I'm an idiot.

That's where I was in 08 with the 600RR, I bought the GS and haven't looked back. Track days were too pricey to do all the time and I still love riding on street.