Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Lon Says No To BMW... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13574)

Amber Lamps 03-03-2010 07:57 PM

Lon Says No To BMW...

Well, I went and sat on the S1000R and I'm not digging it, sorry. I don't want to sound cheap but I don't think that it's going to be $13,000 better than my bike.:idk: I guess I'll wait and see what Suzuki does next year... Meanwhile, I'll buy either a new car, truck or ATV with money I've saved!:rockwoot: Ofcourse, watch my bike will blow a motor or I'll hit another deer!:lol:

tached1000rr 03-03-2010 08:06 PM

not even a test ride?

Amber Lamps 03-03-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 345748)
not even a test ride?

Nope the weather wouldn't cooperate on days that I had time. Besides the dealer was getting "pushy" about me making a decision so I made one... To be honest, I really hate the bike visually...really hate. My bike is paid for, the insurance is cheap and I have it set up exactly how want it. I'll buy something totally different, like a supermoto or a ATV to play with. I just can't see buying another sport bike when I have no intention of giving this one up. I was being stupid to even look at the bike to be honest.

Trip 03-03-2010 08:42 PM

yeah, if you didnt have a 1000 and you were wanting a new one I could see the point, but since you already have a pretty new 1000 thats really clean it's just not must have.

goof2 03-03-2010 09:43 PM

You never sounded convinced about it. I think you should be for the kind of money they want for it. It seems nice, but for that price I personally would prefer the look, and especially the sound, of an 1198S Ducati. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

tached1000rr 03-03-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lon D (Post 345749)
Nope the weather wouldn't cooperate on days that I had time. Besides the dealer was getting "pushy" about me making a decision so I made one... To be honest, I really hate the bike visually...really hate. My bike is paid for, the insurance is cheap and I have it set up exactly how want it. I'll buy something totally different, like a supermoto or a ATV to play with. I just can't see buying another sport bike when I have no intention of giving this one up. I was being stupid to even look at the bike to be honest.

I agree with your decision, just hoped you could give a ride report.

smileyman 03-03-2010 10:17 PM

Oh go on and buy that girlie Solstice, we wont poke fun...Too much anyways.

Dave 03-03-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 345801)
You never sounded convinced about it. I think you should be for the kind of money they want for it. It seems nice, but for that price I personally would prefer the look, and especially the sound, of an 1198S Ducati. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

in these times you can find desperate duc dealers dumping S's for jap prices. be really tempting if i had any money :lol:

smileyman 03-03-2010 10:21 PM

Desperate dealers...The BMW/Duc/Triumph dealer in LR aready kicked the bucket. Went from desperate deals to dead in 8 months...

Dave 03-03-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 345834)
Desperate dealers...The BMW/Duc/Triumph dealer in LR aready kicked the bucket. Went from desperate deals to dead in 8 months...

same with ours. sucks.

hey tig, what you wanna bet zook will put out a haslam rep if he wins this season? maybe with factory arrow cans? they did it for matt...in '04 :lol: