Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Rodent Mod (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13301)

azoomm 02-16-2010 12:20 PM

Rodent Mod

Yesterday I discovered a family of mice that had made a nice home on the seat of my 998. :panic: I haven't riden since the beginning of December - between being out of town and the weather kicking my ass... the bike has been unattended. Covered, but unattended.

I pulled the cover off of it - and a mouse ran out. I then noticed a big ball of fluff... and something hit my foot. I didn't notice what that something was, until I took a step and crushed an inch long small pink baby. CRUNCH. *shudder* and I screamed like a little girl.

There were three babies total - and I'm now a baby killer. Not only because I accidentally crushed the one, but because I dropped a brick on the others. I know, I know, I'm a big meanie... whatever - they left a pee stain on my seat.

I'm completely relieved that's ALL they did.

Black N Decker clickers are now on in the garage full force. I'd get a cat, but they are usually a bad idea when at the track...

I'm still creeped out.

tommymac 02-16-2010 12:24 PM

my snakes used to eat pinkies when they were small :)

Rider 02-16-2010 12:31 PM

Mouse traps with peanut butter keeps the population down to a minimum.

One spring a few years ago I pulled my lawn mower out of the shed, started it up and after a while I heard some squeaking noise under the engine shroud. It turned out to be baby mice getting burned from the engine heat. Apparently the mom mouse built a nice home inside the engine cover using lawn patch and feeding them bird seed.

ontwo 02-16-2010 12:32 PM

Rats stink bad when burned. I once threw a trap with a dead mouse in it into a brush fire. It smelled like ass x 1000

Homeslice 02-16-2010 12:43 PM

You dropped a brick on the other 2? Why? :scratch: Seems like the mother probably would have come rescue them if you let them be.

Rider 02-16-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 336811)
You dropped a brick on the other 2? Why? :scratch: Seems like the mother probably would have come rescue them if you let them be.

Why? Only to make more rodents? No thanks.

azoomm 02-16-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 336816)
Why? Only to make more rodents? No thanks.

Exactly.

We have snakes. We have traps with peanut butter. We still have mice.

My solution is going to be ride more and not give them the chance.

anthonyk 02-16-2010 12:59 PM

Cats aren't the answer. Ours is an awesome mouser, and he honed his skills by bringing in live ones (when we had a cat door) and treating the house like his own private game reserve. If only he'd have taken them back outside once they were dead.

Dave 02-16-2010 01:08 PM

mice can lick the peanut butter right off a trap. I found you'll get a better kill rate if you stick a chunk of carrot on the trigger and cover that in peanut butter. 90% of the time it works everytime.

CrazyKell 02-16-2010 02:22 PM

Ewwww! I would've screamed too.

And am I just a sicko....or am I the only one that wants pics? :lmao: