Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ogio Less Drag backapck..... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6612)

neebelung 03-12-2009 10:21 AM

Ogio Less Drag backapck.....

....FTMFW!!! :rockout:

Chris picked this up for me last week for my commute (since I take my lunch, a change of clothes and the contents of my purse in a backpack). Finally ot to use it today. Flippin outstanding pack. Not only does it organize and hold a shitload of stuff, it's got tons of reflective piping (it's still not quite light out when I leave for work), really comfy padded straps, and two straps across the front (one across the chest, one at the waist) to keep it in place.

Even fully loaded, it never felt like it was slipping, or going to come off at highway speeds, and the profile of it is low that I never once felt it *bump* my helmet or get in the way of moving my head or anything on the bike.

Sixxxxer 03-12-2009 01:14 PM

I use a Hiking backpack I bought at wal mart...Works great and it was 9 Dollars...But sweet shit on the new Gear!!

zed 03-12-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 179273)
I use a Hiking backpack I bought at wal mart...Works great and it was 9 Dollars...But sweet shit on the new Gear!!

same here. I have a large backpack that will hold a lot of clothes. hell, I've taken tools home in mine. full set of 1/4" drive sockets and ratchet and extensions, full set of 3/8 sockets with ratchet and extensions, full set of 1/2" drive in both metric and SAE, ratchet, extensions and impact, screwdrivers, hammers, rechargeable electric impact with extra battery and charger. I think that is about it.

neebelung 03-12-2009 02:04 PM

See I've got a nice Nike pack, and another (can't think of the brand) backpack of Chris' that I've used, but once I get the straps tightened up to where it feels secure, it's way high up on my back and bumps my helmet (not comfy!!)... when I loosen it up, I feel like it'll take flight.

So I decided (what, after 3+ years :lol:) it was finally time to have a bike-specific pack. :lol:

G-Rex 03-12-2009 02:19 PM

I cannot ride with a backpack. It bugs me too much. If I gotta carry more than my tankbag can hold, well, I have hardbags for that. :D

Glad you got something that works well that you like!

zed 03-12-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 179297)
See I've got a nice Nike pack, and another (can't think of the brand) backpack of Chris' that I've used, but once I get the straps tightened up to where it feels secure, it's way high up on my back and bumps my helmet (not comfy!!)... when I loosen it up, I feel like it'll take flight.

So I decided (what, after 3+ years :lol:) it was finally time to have a bike-specific pack. :lol:

my normal load to work was 3 to 4 liters of drink, my rain suit, a big folder of completed work orders. I never had any problems with the feeling that it was going to slide around even when it's not as full.

so, you got a picture of it or do we have to google it ourselves? ;)

Archren 03-12-2009 02:21 PM

I have one of the ACU pattern National Guard Recruiting backpacks.. for something that I got for free, it's pretty sweet. Padded back, padded straps, has the strap across the chest, lightweight, and a has bunch of different compartments. Granted, it makes it really obvious what I do for a living when I ride, but fuck it, it's comfortable, and does exactly what I need it to do. :lol:

Archren 03-12-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 179303)
I cannot ride with a backpack. It bugs me too much. If I gotta carry more than my tankbag can hold, well, I have hardbags for that. :D

You want some cheese with that whine? redflip

z06boy 03-12-2009 02:24 PM

I use a hiking backpack with a waist strap myself and it works for me.

A friend just bought an Ogio the other day at Cyclegear on sale plus he had some type of a coupon and got a great deal and he likes the Ogio alot.

neebelung 03-12-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 179303)

Glad you got something that works well that you like!

I used to loooooove my Joe Rocket Manta tankbag, but it's not compatible with the R1 (half plastic tank cover). There is an R1 specific tank bag, but it's pretty small, so when I'm not carrying very much (like for rides, not commuting) I just use my ol Icon Primer tankbag, with the packpack straps on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zed (Post 179304)
so, you got a picture of it or do we have to google it ourselves? ;)

Google is your friend! :nee:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...k--642588.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archren (Post 179306)
You want some cheese with that whine? redflip

:rofl: