Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fml!!! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18683)

dReWpY 03-25-2011 11:54 PM

Fml!!!

Comprehensive Exams are the mother of all that is evil and wrong in grad school!!!

i have a test on Monday that dictates whether or not I graduate or am forever stuck as having "graduate level experience"

i am not thrilled with possibly being tested over any topic in biology, literally any topic is testable and I need a 80% to pass the test to be eligible to graduate in December... FML

needless to say i am hyped up on redbull and been a slave to my books!
(and facebook)

Trip 03-25-2011 11:56 PM

yeah, we don't feel sorry for you.

dReWpY 03-26-2011 12:15 AM

i knew you wouldnt haha

Porkchop 03-26-2011 12:17 AM

I feel you man. I am so done with school right now. And im not even doing grad work.

Trip 03-26-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 459426)
i knew you wouldnt haha

Wait til you get out of college for a little bit, you will be wanting to go back fast. That's if you don't become the eternal student.

Porkchop 03-26-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 459428)
Wait til you get out of college for a little bit, you will be wanting to go back fast. That's if you don't become the eternal student.

Fuck that shit.... never. I'd rather work and make money, rather than write papers on useless shit that I will never use in the real world, and forget in 3 months after finals are done.

SteveP 03-26-2011 12:35 AM

What did you do your thesis on?

dReWpY 03-26-2011 12:37 AM

i can say im past the point of doing busy work, all that i do is sadly; relavent work that will be published and is funded from your tax dollars... and teach...
im looking at a Phd from either UTK, Miami Oxford or Texas Tech University

lets hear it for eternal studentdom and leaching off of the academic teet...

dReWpY 03-26-2011 12:39 AM

The effects of Kingston Fly ash on freshwater bivalves; acute and chronic in situ and laboratory toxicity testing of native members of the Unionide family

Porkchop 03-26-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 459437)
i can say im past the point of doing busy work, all that i do is sadly; relavent work that will be published and is funded from your tax dollars... and teach...
im looking at a Phd from either UTK, Miami Oxford or Texas Tech University

lets hear it for eternal studentdom and leaching off of the academic teet...

Just went on a college visit with my younger brother to Miami. Absolutely loved it! Made me want to do school all over again. The buildings are amazing, the dorms are amazing, the student facilities are amazing, and oxford is a cute little town. Their new college of business is way over the top unbelieveable. I've thought about going back for an MBA. If I had any will left in me, I considered going back for a JD/MBA. But thats four more years, and fuck that.