Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Verizon iPhone Tomorrow (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17903)

EpyonXero 01-10-2011 08:23 PM

Verizon iPhone Tomorrow

Every news outlet is reporting that Apple will finally announce a Verizon iPhone tomorrow. Im happy with Android and Im hoping the competition on the same carrier will be a good thing for the platform.

Particle Man 01-10-2011 08:45 PM

I will believe it when I see it.

smileyman 01-10-2011 08:48 PM

Doesnt seem to be helping their stock...Sound like fail squared to me. I'm looking to Sprint for the future.

Cass 01-10-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 441197)
I will believe it when I see it.

Yup.

I'm from the Sho-me state.

So.

Show me. bitches.

Amber Lamps 01-10-2011 08:53 PM

Every indication says Feb 3 but I'm in the "believe it when I see it" crowd as well... Heck, I considered taking a PT job with Verizon because if it is true the commission money will flow like water!!!:lol:

Trip 01-10-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 441200)
Doesnt seem to be helping their stock...Sound like fail squared to me. I'm looking to Sprint for the future.

Spring went WiMax, they aren't going to compete once people start actually rolling out real LTE. Shit is faster than your typical wired connection.

Particle Man 01-10-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 441204)
because if it is true the commission money will flow like water!!!:lol:

Even that I'm not so sure about. I'm sure there would be some increase but Droid users are probably not gonna switch... you may find people jumping from AT&T because of service in some areas but that gap seems to be closing anyhow.

Trip 01-10-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 441218)
Even that I'm not so sure about. I'm sure there would be some increase but Droid users are probably not gonna switch... you may find people jumping from AT&T because of service in some areas but that gap seems to be closing anyhow.

Actually it's just beginning again. LTE. Verizon will do it faster and better.

Verizon is doing something big. They took away the new every two plan and they took away the one year upgrade plan for people who have over $50 voice plans. They made it much more expensive to upgrade. They are making sure that their current customers can't buy new phones. This signals to me that they are getting the iphone and they want them available to new customers instead of people who are under contract.

Amber Lamps 01-10-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 441224)
Actually it's just beginning again. LTE. Verizon will do it faster and better.

Verizon is doing something big. They took away the new every two plan and they took away the one year upgrade plan for people who have over $50 voice plans. They made it much more expensive to upgrade. They are making sure that their current customers can't buy new phones. This signals to me that they are getting the iphone and they want them available to new customers instead of people who are under contract.

Besides, despite what a few forum members say, I know a ton of people that are fed up with AT&T and that would jump ship without hesitation if they could get an i-Phone ANYWHERE else!:lol: Heck, my GF's mom got her, my gf and her bf EVOs recently but has stated that she will wait in line at Verizon if they get the i-Phone. Fuck the fees!:lol: Sprint's coverage is all that great here either, especially in the mountains where US Cellular and Verizon rule.

Oh and hasn't anyone else noticed AT&T's strange new found love of the Windows phones? They must have 10 models by now...

Porkchop 01-10-2011 09:32 PM

Sorry.... still would never get me to switch from my X. Under a year and a half left with the beast and by then I'll be ready for a 4G Dual Core 2.5 GHz monster. :lol: