Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Calif. man pulls girl from burning SUV on freeway (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9548)

pauldun170 07-24-2009 10:09 AM

Calif. man pulls girl from burning SUV on freeway

Calif. man pulls girl from burning SUV on freeway
Thu Jul 23, 10:10 pm ET

LOS ANGELES – The California Highway Patrol is calling a Southern California man a hero for rescuing a 3-year-old girl from a burning vehicle on a Los Angeles-area freeway.

John McDonald of West Covina was driving on Interstate 10 in El Monte Wednesday when he saw an overturned sports utility vehicle engulfed in flames.

Video footage shows him running to help as three people who escaped the burning SUV ran away. The CHP says the driver of the SUV shouted that her granddaughter was still inside, and McDonald went in to pull the girl out.

Both were treated for minor injuries.

McDonald told KABC-TV he jumped into action because he felt it was "something that needed to be done."

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

MILK 07-24-2009 10:36 AM

Nice. "as three people who escaped the burning SUV ran away. The CHP says the driver of the SUV shouted that her granddaughter was still inside"

I've only read your post but WTF?????? Some stranger has to rescue your grandchild for you??

Antwanny 07-24-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MILK (Post 246479)
Nice. "as three people who escaped the burning SUV ran away. The CHP says the driver of the SUV shouted that her granddaughter was still inside"

I've only read your post but WTF?????? Some stranger has to rescue your grandchild for you??

Agreed cool stranger asshole family

azoomm 07-24-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antwanny (Post 246618)
Agreed cool stranger asshole family

No kidding.

There is no way in hell I could leave someone behind....

karl_1052 07-24-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MILK (Post 246479)

That is what I was thinking. A kick in the cooch for grandma and the rest of the idjits.

Gas Man 07-24-2009 03:32 PM

A+ for the hero!!!

Antwanny 07-24-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 246622)
No kidding.

There is no way in hell I could leave someone behind....

especially GRANDKIDS christ

OneSickPsycho 07-24-2009 09:02 PM

Maybe it was a shitty kid? It happens...

Smittie61984 07-25-2009 03:22 PM

Damn. Even those POS parents you see on cops for beating their kids would atleast rescue their kid from burning to death.

My uncle's car caught fire years ago and he got out and rescued all of the Christmas presents that were for his daughters and family.

I guess people today just want to depend on others.

Antwanny 07-25-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 246850)
Maybe it was a shitty kid? It happens...

Never crossed my mind, lol a distinct possibility.