Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What's the dumbest thing you have done on your bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11344)

tached1000rr 11-01-2009 05:59 PM

What's the dumbest thing you have done on your bike?

We have all had our moments, luckily we lived and learned from it. So what dumb, stupid, or embarrassing moment have you had on the bike?

Trip 11-01-2009 06:12 PM

Are we limited to just one?

tached1000rr 11-01-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 285955)
Are we limited to just one?

Well heck no! Hopefully we can all learn from each others dumbness:lol:

derf 11-01-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 285950)
We have all had our moments, luckily we lived and learned from it. So what dumb, stupid, or embarrassing moment have you had on the bike?

Fell off while moving, stood up to stretch my legs and somehow missed a footpeg, I got lucky I was going pretty slow, no traffic around, and the bike just kinda rolled into the grass and fell over, no damage to me or my bike, but my ego was pretty bruised.

Then there was this one time I was riding with this shmuck and we got pulled over for screwing around and didnt have our papers on us and we got towed. That was pretty dumb, still kicking myself in the ass for that one. Which reminds me, i need to update the Derf & Dave thread.

And then there was this one time at banned camp

pdog 11-01-2009 06:41 PM

Tried to keep up with faster guys than me on a group ride and crashed, breaking my collarbone.

Tmall 11-01-2009 06:50 PM

Got caught up with playing with a ferari in traffic.

Was going way too fast for the situation. If a car had come over to the left lane, it wouldn't have gone well for me.

tached1000rr 11-01-2009 07:01 PM

Well we are at the drag strip, we decided to move our bikes closer to where we are sitting, I'm riding one handed with my helmet in my left hand, ok time to stop, opps my left hand is occupied, do I drop helmet to grab clutch or do I stall bike. Before I could decide stalled bike and it began to tip over but I was able to hold it up, but EVERYONE in the stands saw it happen since I was directly in front, and the crowd did a collective "Whoa" sound.

lauralynne 11-01-2009 07:03 PM

nothing - and you can't prove otherwise...
*whistles innocently*

karl_1052 11-01-2009 07:21 PM

When I first started riding, I was trying to show off to some chicks I knew in the car beside me, so I took off down this road at a speed I wouldn't consider now. When I got to the end, I couldn't stop and turn, to go with the road, so, I jammed on the brakes, and ended up stopping on some dudes front lawn.

The last time I rode my 86 GSXR1100, the motor blew, so I parked it on the side of the road. the kickstand on that bike was too long, because of the shorter inverted forks I put on it.
So, me and my buddy were looking up the road for a safe place to move it to, when we heard a crash behind us. We looked back and did not see anything and didn't think anything of it. We looked around a bit more, then when we were walking back to the bike, we both realized it was not there anymore. It had tipped over and fell into the ditch.

Mr Lefty 11-01-2009 07:29 PM

Looped it from a stop light... yup... pretty fuck'n dumb...