Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Anyone here highsided on the street? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11117)

tached1000rr 10-19-2009 07:02 PM

Anyone here highsided on the street?

If you have, as you reflect back on the situation, what caused your highside?

was92v 10-19-2009 07:18 PM

Vodka... and it hurt real bad...

tached1000rr 10-19-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by was92v (Post 280228)
Vodka... and it hurt real bad...

:lol

Dave 10-19-2009 07:23 PM

a friend did a few years ago, it was a tight, blind, uphill hairpin and he tucked too close to the inside of the road. lost the front in the detritus went over the bars and landed headfirst in a weeded hill on the other side. luckily he was more or less ok and the bike was still rideable and we did the hour and a half trip back without incident

derf 10-19-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 280225)
If you have, as you reflect back on the situation, what caused your highside?

On a mini bike I did, my wheel hit a crack and took me for a ride

was92v 10-19-2009 10:08 PM

Oh, we're telling what happened. I low sided in a tight left at maybe 50mph (ground speed literally). as soon as we reached the side of the road, while I was still on it, on the ground, it caught. When I became aware of myself, I was on my knees, with my head caught in a 4"x4" wire field fence. My head had penetrated the wire and I probably would have been driven though it except for a concrete fence post that took the side of my helmet down a few layers of fiberglass and destroyed what had been my collar bone from my neck to my shoulder. I disinterred myself from the fence and looked around. My point of entry through the fence was almost exactly 90 degrees from where I went off.

My bike was 50 or 60 feet down the road, laying on the opposite side of the one I low sided on.
I of course went to see if my new bike was hurt and discovered that my arm was no longer firmly attached to the rest of me when I tried to pick it up. I started walking back to town, then got a lift home, then to the hospital, which is another story for another time. 6 or 8 weeks later I'm as good as I'm going to get and only a little less stupid than I was before...

Amber Lamps 10-19-2009 10:25 PM

Yep, painkillers, cold temps, cold tires, and a man hole cover.

Trip 10-19-2009 11:08 PM

I kinda had one on the track, but not street.

Does it count as a high side if your bike managed to correct itself and ride away without you?

Mine was caused by a big puddle that had formed on the track that I hadn't seen in the previous laps while it was raining. Lost the rear in the puddle at full lean/knee almost on the ground, it caught as soon as I came out of the puddle and threw me off like a high side, but it corrected itself and rode down the straight into the mud and slowed to almost a stop and fell over. No damage whatsoever. I, however, flew through the air about 10 feet and landed on my face (full face helmet, got to watch the asphalt go by) and slid awhile.

Gas Man 10-20-2009 12:50 AM

NO I AM NOT TIGGER.

But

A deer caused mine!

Got flung into on coming traffic.

I'm so glad that tiel colored Ford Contour didn't run me over!!

Dave 10-20-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 280364)
NO I AM NOT TIGGER.

But

A deer caused mine!

Got flung into on coming traffic.

I'm so glad that tiel colored Ford Contour didn't run me over!!

if you were tigger you would have rode though the deer and stayed on! :lol: