Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Proof of the "trendiness" of trucks/SUVs.... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11387)

Homeslice 11-03-2009 04:35 PM

Proof of the "trendiness" of trucks/SUVs....

So I go to Michigan recently....... The home of harsh winters and the presumed need for 4WD..........And I do a quick calculation of how many pickups or SUVs I see in a few different places............It's only about 1 to 3 (trucks/SUVs to cars)

Then I come back home to Cali, and the ratio increases to 1 to 1.......This, in a yuppie urban/suburban area where it almost never snows, and where almost nobody owns a boat to tow, unlike Michigan.

Proof that most trucks/SUVs are purchased for "trendy" reasons, by people who dont really need them

Flame suit on!

Sean 11-03-2009 04:46 PM

lol...so what? Did anyone really doubt that?

I use my truck.

derf 11-03-2009 04:52 PM

Yup, I move stuff in my bed at least once a week

Dave 11-03-2009 04:54 PM

used the piss out of my ramcharger when i still had it and am currently plotting a return to 4wd

unknownroad 11-03-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 286978)
Then I come back home to Cali, and the ratio increases to 1 to 1.......This, in a yuppie urban/suburban area where it almost never snows, and where almost nobody owns a boat to tow, unlike Michigan.

Really? In 2009? With every other product espousing "green" this and "eco" that??? When I was in LA last week I saw very few SUVs, and very few pickups that weren't marked for business use.

Since the rental car agency gave us a silver Prius, I was taking note of them. We went to a mall in Encino, and in one row of the parking garage I saw three silver Prius's plus two in other colors. Coming up the next lane, there were three metallic-charcoal colored ones plus another color. They were everywhere! :willy: Lots of BMWs, Mercedes, and other Toyotas. Very few trucks and SUVs. No longer cool :nono:

Homeslice 11-03-2009 05:18 PM

^ A Prius isn't anything to judge by. Several actors/actresses own a Prius but it doesn't mean shit, because they also own an Aston Martin or Range Rover (or both)

I am talking San Diego as well as the San Fran suburbs. Every other office worker I see driving to work in the morning is in an "upscale" SUV.

unknownroad 11-03-2009 05:35 PM

Then I guess y'all are just behind the curve redflip

I would say that in my neighborhood, cars and pickups/SUVs are about 1:1 because just about household has one of each. Of course, if you go to Tractor Supply, the parking lot is more like 90% pickups... :blah:

BobTheBiker 11-03-2009 05:35 PM

I used to be an SUV driver, BUT I actually USED the SUV for shit. I swear every other weekend I had a friend's bike stuffed in it somehow, or I was dragging my pickup home with it, you know, the shit SUVS were intended for.....

Now that I own a truck, I'm sure I'm gonna use it constantly.

Ninjakel 11-03-2009 05:39 PM

I use my truck constantly. Towing bikes, hauling shit, etc.

But its not a 4x4...I live in flat ass florida...no need

TYEster 11-03-2009 06:00 PM

I live in Texas. It's mandatory.