Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Creepy people are creepy - Co-worker talking to parent (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21755)

pauldun170 09-18-2012 07:20 PM

Creepy people are creepy - Co-worker talking to parent

Something very creepy about working near someone who calls their parents "Mother" and "Father"

"Hello Father, how are you. That's good father. How are you feeling? Ok father. Hello Mother. Are you well today? Ok Mother. I love you too Mother...bye bye"

Its fucking creepy damnit.
When he goes out for his daily 3PM Martini, I picture the bar he goes to resembles the Bates motel.

njchopper87 09-18-2012 07:30 PM

That is creepy.. only to a third party will I refer to my parents as mother or father. I'm reminded of Nelson Van Alden from Boardwalk Empire. Great actor, but damn is his character weird.

Trip 09-18-2012 07:30 PM

Sounds British.

pauldun170 09-18-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 519913)
Sounds British.

He's full on Northeastern snob.

"No man over the age of thirty should wear jeans unless they are a farmhand"
His office is 10 feet away from where I am so I hear everything.

A few years back a co-worker of mine worked over the weekend and caught him printing out pictures of leather nazi style uniforms.
Unless he was trying out for a part in Cabaret....

derf 09-18-2012 08:15 PM

I sometimes call my parents mother and father, but mainly do it when I dont feel like talking because I know they dont like it

Tsunami 09-18-2012 08:25 PM

Heeeeeeyyyy Brotherrrr

Dave 09-18-2012 08:34 PM

What ya gonna do brother, when these 24 inch pythons get ahold of you?

Tmall 09-18-2012 10:47 PM

I call my mother "mudder". I just do it to make fun of her accent/dialect though. I also call my wife "wife" or sugar tits.

Papa_Complex 09-19-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 519911)
Something very creepy about working near someone who calls their parents "Mother" and "Father"

"Hello Father, how are you. That's good father. How are you feeling? Ok father. Hello Mother. Are you well today? Ok Mother. I love you too Mother...bye bye"

Its fucking creepy damnit.
When he goes out for his daily 3PM Martini, I picture the bar he goes to resembles the Bates motel.

I do have to admit that the words, "Mother! No!!" were the first thing to occur to me, after reading that.

Homeslice 09-19-2012 08:09 AM

My sisters and I actually called our mother "mother" all the time......Not joking......We didn't want to say "mom", we thought it was stupid or silly or something. I still don't know why. Maybe I should google it to see what kind of disorder it's associated with, lol.

And what is this 3PM martini business? I am assuming you're joking? I know lots of people make Starbucks runs at 9 or 10 (as if they couldn't have done it on the way in, like normal people), but I've never seen anyone do what you suggest. If I'm going to drink, I'd rather stay there and not have to come back to work.