Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   GPS Data (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What GPS do you have? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=315)

Rangerscott 06-29-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 211058)
how much do maps cost?

Who was that directed at?

jetskifast 07-23-2009 10:46 PM

Used to use Garmin Quest.
Since getting Palm Treo pro smart phone. Google has great maps, GPS to download for free. Google has directions and such, but if you want real gps with dash board speed ect. Purchase Tracky www.trackthisout.com for your smart phone, under $50 from online providers.

OneSickPsycho 07-24-2009 09:01 PM

Yeah, fuck buying a GPS... I never use mine and when I do it's fucked up half the time. I got Google Maps software on my phone and it's way better...

Rangerscott 07-26-2009 02:02 PM

I have a HTC Touch Pro and it has google maps and can turn on gps. The only problem is the small screen so using it while riding is a "not gonna happen" thing.

I'm happy with my giant 500c. It can also be used as a big ass boulder to throw at thieves.

Trip 07-26-2009 02:14 PM

I have Garmin Maps for my phone when I am in the cage. When I am on my bike I got an awesome deal on a waterproof Garmin Zumo 550 branded by BMW. It has bluetooth and MP3 capabilities so I can use it as an anchor point for my communication setup when I get it.

marko138 07-31-2009 04:57 PM

Still rocking my Garmin Nuvi. Still love it when I need it.

Particle Man 10-20-2009 09:15 PM

Magellan Maestro 3225

it's not the greatest GPS in the world but it serves me well and it pretty durable.

Amber Lamps 10-27-2009 08:53 PM

I got a new phone a few days ago and must say that I am very happy with the built in GPS! It uses Telenav and so far it has been flawless. The only problem whatsoever is that it is slow to initially boot up but after that, very, very good. Oh and the fact that I can't get it to talk to me through a blue tooth headset... My phone has an almost 4'' screen so it pretty easy to see. Not bad for FREE!!! I was going to buy a new GPS but I think that between my old GPS and my phone, I should be alright!

Rangerscott 10-29-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 283924)
I got a new phone a few days ago and must say that I am very happy with the built in GPS! It uses Telenav and so far it has been flawless. The only problem whatsoever is that it is slow to initially boot up but after that, very, very good. Oh and the fact that I can't get it to talk to me through a blue tooth headset... My phone has an almost 4'' screen so it pretty easy to see. Not bad for FREE!!! I was going to buy a new GPS but I think that between my old GPS and my phone, I should be alright!

My HTC touch pro has a program called "QuickGPS". What it does, is every 6 days you start it up and hit one button. It downloads satellite info and stores it for 6 days. Makes google maps find your position within seconds.

Particle Man 10-29-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 283924)

I had the Telnav software on my Samsung blackjack (which required the bluetooth GPS receiver). It worked fairly well with the exception of out in Colorado where it was convinced that the highway I was on was supposed to be several hundred feet to my right (which was a field IIRC) and kept recalculating the route.

I'm hoping they fixed that :lol: