Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vicious Pit Bulls and Kitties don't mix... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10404)

z06boy 09-11-2009 10:29 AM

Funny pics !!

I've got some old 35mm shots of a couple of Pits I owned playing with a couple different kittens...funny stuff.

buzzcutt2 09-11-2009 10:36 AM

My pit mix took a swat from a family member's cat before...the claw got stuck in the side of her face, she didn't know what to do - it was quite comical. Never did attack the cat.

z06boy 09-11-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzcutt2 (Post 264285)
My pit mix took a swat from a family member's cat before...the claw got stuck in the side of her face, she didn't know what to do - it was quite comical. Never did attack the cat.

:lol: :lol:

Apoc 09-11-2009 11:05 AM

how dare you! I demand you have that vile creature put down immediately!!! WTF are you thinking, dont you know thats an evil, violent breed? Just look how mean he is!

Krypt Keeper 09-11-2009 01:24 PM

Looks like my house. While I no longer have my pit, I have a German Shepherd and Malamute mix. I have seen her round up kittens and give them baths, wife had to save some bunnies and she did the same to them.

Wife got a cat last yr only 8 weeks old, hissed and nearly made my dog shit herself. My dog basically ran from the cat for 6 months.

Got lots of pics of them now playing, and like yours my dog is the one being attacked. I have to actually tell my dog to go kick the cats ass and stop running from him. She will take a paw and knock over the cat over, put his head into her mouth and jump back waiting for him to leap like the ninga tiger he is.

tached1000rr 09-11-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzcutt2 (Post 264244)
Why would anyone own a pit and a cat? :lmao:

I have a pit and the rest of my family owns 2 cats(I don't claim the cats). I can post of pics of the pit in my avatar sleeping beside the cat in the bed.

Ninjakel 09-11-2009 03:02 PM

Jaxx looks great Josh!!! ( But I am biased...i love APBT's)

Trip 09-11-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 264255)
Can't say I blame you....but it's pretty much the only thing my wife has asked me for since we got married. At least its self sufficient so I don't have to mess with it.

yeah, I understand pleasing the ball and chain. Thank god mine hates pretty much pets in general, though I wouldn't mind having a dog. I wouldn't go around skinning cats or putting them on microwaves or hurting them in anyway, but when people tell me to see their cat because it is different and cool, I just want to pimp slap them. All cats are the same, exactly the fucking same, annoying stupid animals.

Kerry_129 09-11-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 264440)
All cats are the same, exactly the fucking same, annoying stupid animals.

:lol Sorry man, you're just wrong about the 'same' part. We have a herd of 4, and they all have extremely different & distinct personalities. Annoying and stupid is a component that's present sometimes, as well as cool/funny, very personable, and low-maintenance most of the time. Your statement is similar to saying 'all dogs are smelly & obnoxiously dependent'. :shrug:

As for pit bulls, I know they're a great breed that can be excellent pets/companions - but I also know a guy personally who had his face ripped open to the tune of 70+ stitches by his pit, a docile long-time family pet without any prior aggression problems.
I know it's not at all common (with a properly trained/treated animal), and I think pits are a very unfairly singled-out breed - but there's not much denying that in rare instances pits & other 'dangerous' breeds are quite capable of lashing out without warning or undue provocation. Not saying it makes any of the breeds 'bad', or justifies 'banning' (except for fookin chihuahuas!) - but it does happen occasionally.

Cute pics though!

MILK 09-11-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry_129 (Post 264472)
:lol but there's not much denying that in rare instances ANY DOG is quite capable of lashing out without warning or undue provocation.

No really - it's any dog. ;)

Speaking of cats and biting though.. My husband was put on antibotics when a cat bit through his wrist. Cat mouths have really really nasty bacteria..