Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I wound up in Holland this week (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22501)

derf 12-06-2013 02:19 AM

I wound up in Holland this week

My grandmother passed away the Friday after Thanksgiving so my family converged on the Netherlands starting this week. Its been pretty uneventful but so far am experience. My family seems to make every long distance funeral into a vacation.

So far I have discovered that the autobahn isnt just one road, Spaulding it is every highway in Germany. I took pictures of the speedo at 180kmhr but my top sputtered in my rental Citroen C4 is slightly over 240kmhr which I think it's roughly 150mph, the car just wouldn't go faster. And I still got passed like I was standing still.

On my way back through Germany (flying out of ramstein Germany) I am trying to seeing past the nuremburgring to do a lap of it.

This is the time of year when the dutch Santa visits kids. Its a crazy story that I was always vaugly aware of. Basically Sinterklauss has a bunch of black helpers called schwatze Petes (translated to lazy black guys) who are portrayed by white guys in blackface. So if a little kid is bad a schwatze Pete will come kidnap you and take you on a steamboat to Spain and make you work in the mines until you want to act better. I even found one in the supermarket when I went shopping so my brother and I asked him to take a photo, and then we asked this nice black woman to take the photo for us. About as racist as you could get in the us, but totally normal here.

Last night my brother and I were advised of being eaten European gangsters that were trying to break into houses by my mind friends neighbor. The did called the cops on us because we didn't speak dutch.

Last night my brother and I went bar hopping v at some local dive bars in the area. The women here don't understand US English so well so we got away with talking shit all night. I kept telling this one girl that she is a hot piece of ass which my brother kept translating to "I like your pants". Plus half c the girls here are wearing crazy clothes. It's cold so everyone has big poofy jackets buy them they wear jackets under them out big furry or feather vests.

Tomorrow is the funeral so it's gonna be a pretty sedate day but I think this weekend we are gonna head into Amsterdam and stay there. Then I think I am going to start making my way home on Monday or Tuesday. I flew space available on a military plane so I have no set return date.

So pictures will follow.

Turbo Ghost 12-06-2013 07:21 AM

Sorry for your loss man! At least it seems like you will find some enjoyment in the area and not have an entirely mournful experience.

Trip 12-06-2013 07:23 AM

I think you forgot how to speak english by going over there. That was kinda hard to read in spots. LOL

Looks like you are having a blast, I jelly.

pauldun170 12-06-2013 09:08 AM

Sorry for your loss Fred

Autocorrect? Screw that.
Keep posting updates.
Translating them is as much fun as reading them.

Gas Man 12-06-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 532777)
I think you forgot how to speak english by going over there. That was kinda hard to read in spots. LOL

Looks like you are having a blast, I jelly.

I was thinking the same thing. That was hard to read, I hope he was drunk.

But sorry for your loss Fred.

Trip 12-06-2013 12:30 PM

I guess I should of put sorry for your loss too and left out the jealous part since your grandmother died, but most of your post was about fun shit and being in europe. LoL. RiP Derf's Grandma

Archren 12-06-2013 06:24 PM

Sorry for your loss, Fred.. but wow, hell of a trip.

Flexin 12-08-2013 09:20 PM

Sorry for your loss.

James

'73 H1 Triple 12-08-2013 10:07 PM

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Fred. Please accept my sincere condolences.

It does sound like good send off.

Jeff

azoomm 12-09-2013 09:51 PM

RIP Derf's Grandma.

I find great adventure in translating your autocorrect. I say, use voice to text and let it ride. Good times...