Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   any runners? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21103)

Adeptus_Minor 03-17-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 508415)
I've been dieting and dropping lbs, but haven't done much exercising...

I tried walking/jogging/running, but can't get too far before my knees, ankles, and shins start blowing up... So I bought a bike... I can do way more - burn more calories and get that same high, without destroying my joints... And it's way more fun...

So why the fuck would anyone run?

I ask the same question all the time.
Running just isn't "fun" to me. I like my mountain bike much more.
That said, I need to get back at it. I was getting decent results before I slacked off over the winter.
I have friends who prefer the running thing, and sure, you don't need a lot of expensive equipment. Well, I might... but it'd be rehab equipment after I turn a knee or ankle trying to run. :lol:

askmrjesus 03-17-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 508453)
My BF can't wear toe shoes too because he has finger toes.

Marfan Syndrome?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 508453)
I will prob get a pair of merrells for myself too.

Women...

JC

Trip 03-17-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 508452)
The barefoot running thing had taken off big time, I want to try it, but the army banned toe shoes. If I could find them without the toes I would

Just look for minimalist shoes, they existed long before the toe crap. Nike Free and Merrells are big.

derf 03-17-2012 10:17 PM

Cool, I'll look at them next week

Trip 03-17-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 508460)
Cool, I'll look at them next week

Merrells are even made with vibram soles. I wear Merrells all the time, but they aren't minimalist. Good shoes though. They are just everyday shoes, not exercise ones.

I started wearing them because they were the only decent all leather tennis shoe I liked. That was the requirement for nuke for the engineers. Just had to be all leather, didn't have to be a work boot or they had to buy them for us, lol.

dReWpY 03-18-2012 01:19 AM

My fat ass ran a half marathon a year ago with a set of Nike running shoes .... the shoes and anti chaffing cream go along way....

Tsunami 03-18-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 508461)
Merrells are even made with vibram soles. I wear Merrells all the time, but they aren't minimalist. Good shoes though. They are just everyday shoes, not exercise ones.

They actually made minimalist shoes with the vibram soles specifically for running or running trails. Check out the link I posted. I think they are really nice looking, well some of the colors anyway.

Tsunami 03-18-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 508456)
Marfan Syndrome?

JC

finger toes not ape arms!

azoomm 03-18-2012 09:03 AM

Gina, I wear socks in my vibrams. When I ran in mine, I had to make sure to run on grass rather than pavement or my shins hated me.

Trip 03-18-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 508463)
They actually made minimalist shoes with the vibram soles specifically for running or running trails. Check out the link I posted. I think they are really nice looking, well some of the colors anyway.

I think all merrells are made with vibrams. I don't remember seeing a pair that wasn't.