Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Report: EMTs on Break Refused to Help Pregnant Woman (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12332)

pauldun170 12-21-2009 01:05 PM

Report: EMTs on Break Refused to Help Pregnant Woman

Report: EMTs on Break Refused to Help Pregnant Woman

NEW YORK (AP/ 1010 WINS) -- The Fire Department is investigating a report that two emergency medical technicians on a coffee break refused to help a pregnant woman in Brooklyn who later died.

The New York Post said the EMTs were buying bagels on Dec. 9 when 25-year-old Eutisha Revee Rennix collapsed. The paper says store employees asked the EMTs to help but they allegedly refused.

The Post said Rennix, who worked at the bakery, was struggling to breathe. The workers ended up calling 911.

Rennix was rushed to the hospital where she died. Doctors delivered her baby girl, who also died a few hours later.

The Fire Department has declined to comment on the incident, except to say that it was investigating.

Rider 12-21-2009 01:08 PM

Wow.... :td: I hope they take these lazy fucks to trial.

HurricaneHeather 12-21-2009 01:11 PM

That's so sad. :(

Destitute 12-21-2009 03:13 PM

Did you guys miss the part where they were on break? These were public (and probably union) employees.

Private ones would have refused to help for fear of being sued or fired. How were they supposed to verify her insurance status? You don't have the right to not die if your premium isn't up to date.

Or the govt death panel weighed in on a moment's notice. I think that about covers it.

Riceaholic 12-21-2009 03:59 PM

weak..

Tmall 12-21-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destitute (Post 308783)
Did you guys miss the part where they were on break? These were public (and probably union) employees.

Private ones would have refused to help for fear of being sued or fired. How were they supposed to verify her insurance status? You don't have the right to not die if your premium isn't up to date.

Or the govt death panel weighed in on a moment's notice. I think that about covers it.

That's no defence. You don't become an EMT because of the awesome pay...

Dragonpaco 12-21-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destitute (Post 308783)

we are always on duty. there is no break as long as you have your cert card. while you get paid by whatever station you run with; you essientially work for your state's department of health. they should have helped. ethically and legally

CasterTroy 12-21-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonpaco (Post 308833)
we are always on duty

I wondered about that.....Here....Cops are always on duty, wasn't sure about fire/EMT

derf 12-21-2009 05:16 PM

Sounds like a recipe for a double shot of involuntary murder.

Destitute 12-21-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonpaco (Post 308833)
we are always on duty. there is no break as long as you have your cert card. while you get paid by whatever station you run with; you essientially work for your state's department of health. they should have helped. ethically and legally

Obviously. Unless they have a very good explanation for not helping, they should lose their certification(s) and employment.

I'm going to get you a sarcasm detector for Christmas.