Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Glove Help (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=915)

JoJoYZF 04-04-2008 04:00 PM

Glove Help

I was about to order my new gloves today but just last night I started considering a different glove. Now I need some opinions, theyre both alpinestars but one is basically a 3/4 length glove and the other is a gauntlet. I dont plan on being on a track for at least another season or two, but Im trying to get better protection than the basic JR stuff that I have now. Its between these two...

A* GPX

A* GP Plus

Cutty72 04-04-2008 04:45 PM

Either will be a good glove.
I wear shorter gloves now for daily riding, I'll pickup some gauntlets for the track though.

it's all personal preferance.

marko138 04-04-2008 08:48 PM

Gauntlet. There is no other choice.

Trip 04-04-2008 09:32 PM

I have some slightly used GP plus gloves I will sell you for cheap. Never crashed in, maybe worn on two rides. That's if your hand is a large. I think I have em around here somewhere.

JoJoYZF 04-04-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 28025)
I have some slightly used GP plus gloves I will sell you for cheap. Never crashed in, maybe worn on two rides. That's if your hand is a large. I think I have em around here somewhere.

I was thinkin about those but most gloves that I wear are mediums. You think theyd fit?

Trip 04-04-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 28029)
I was thinkin about those but most gloves that I wear are mediums. You think theyd fit?

Don't know, do you have a local dealership that sells A* gloves. I wear a large in everything they make, so try that.

JoJoYZF 04-04-2008 09:49 PM

Ive been lookin but so far the closest one that sells any a* shit is about 2 hours from me. Unless maybe nts knows of one, Ill see if I can find one. I remembered you had those on the other site and that would be awesome if theyll fit.

Phenix_Rider 04-04-2008 11:23 PM

I'd get the shorter glove if you ride to do errands. You know- gear up, ride, stop, gear off, repeat. My summer gauntlets aren't too bad, but they do take longer to get on and off. Winter (insulated/lined) gauntlets are a bitch because the liner/insulation bunches up.

Mr Lefty 04-04-2008 11:25 PM

trip I'll buy those if he doesn't... my bro needs some gloves... he's bumm'n mine right now..

let me varify what size he needs... and I'll get back to ya... (mine are XL's and they were kinda tight on me but they stretched out nicely)

JoJoYZF 04-04-2008 11:26 PM

Ive been thinkin that same thing but have been debating since I already have short cuff gloves, they just dont have too much protection on em. The good news is though that I have a little bit of time (til at least next pay day) to decide since I just stumbled across a great deal on the jacket I want (see other thread).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 28090)
trip I'll buy those if he doesn't... my bro needs some gloves... he's bumm'n mine right now..

let me varify what size he needs... and I'll get back to ya... (mine are XL's and they were kinda tight on me but they stretched out nicely)

If he wants em and theyll fit theyre his. I have to wait a little bit before I can buy anything since I just found a jacket. Plus Im still pretty sure I will need a medium.