Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   HID question/opinions wanted.. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10444)

zuuk750 09-13-2009 08:58 PM

HID question/opinions wanted..

Should I run all HID's in the 750? or just the low beam and just to higher intensity bulbs inthe high beams? the low beam is in the center, and the two high beams are on the outsides, all lamps illuminate when the highbeams are on..

Mr Lefty 09-13-2009 09:02 PM

I've got both HID's in my 600RR... I run the brights all the time when I ride. I'll turn them off at night when I approach a car... but I start out with them on so they've warmed up.

in the city (where 90% of my riding is anymore) I'll just run lows at night... and both hi/lo durring the day.... ANYTHING to help me be seen.

marko138 09-13-2009 09:25 PM

I've got an HID low beam that I haven't installed...had it since April.

Homeslice 09-14-2009 08:07 AM

Since the purpose of HID's is mostly just for looks, use them for the low's, since those are the ones that are on all the time.

Bright-colored gear helps your daytime visibility alot more than headlights ever will.

Mr Lefty 09-14-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 265119)
Since the purpose of HID's is mostly just for looks, use them for the low's, since those are the ones that are on all the time.

Bright-colored gear helps your daytime visibility alot more than headlights ever will.

true... to a point... I notice headlights especially HID ones before I notice what the rider is wearing. even more so if the bike has on it's Brights. but that's only when the bike is headed towards me... most other angles the gear gets my attention first.

and HID's aren't just for looks... the difference between my low halogen and HID is night and day..

the delay does suck though when switching to hi's.

nhgunnut 09-14-2009 08:50 AM

I have to to say for me and the busa the HIDs make a a good deal harder to to "overdrive the head light" I run both high and low on the busa and will be converting the4 B King over the winter
"

NeonspeedRT 09-14-2009 08:59 AM

I have HID's in my low beams on my R1. I just upgraded the bulbs to silverstars in the high beams. With the HID's I hardly use my high beams anyways. But when I do need them the silverstars are plenty bright.

The only thing i'll caution you about HID's, make sure you have a projector type lens. If you don't have a projector type lens, then your HID's will pretty much be useless and blind everyone.

Homeslice 09-14-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT (Post 265142)

The only thing i'll caution you about HID's, make sure you have a projector type lens. If you don't have a projector type lens, then your HID's will pretty much be useless and blind everyone.

plusone

Amber Lamps 09-14-2009 06:28 PM

I like my hids, of course I got 55 watt bulbs for my lows as well, so they are bright on low and OMFG bright on high! I killed a vampire crossing the road last night!:lol:

Mr Lefty 09-14-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT (Post 265142)
I have HID's in my low beams on my R1. I just upgraded the bulbs to silverstars in the high beams. With the HID's I hardly use my high beams anyways. But when I do need them the silverstars are plenty bright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 265173)
plusone

depends on the bike... the reason is the way the reflector is... in my ZZR the reflector for low was fine... but when i went to Highs (an actuator pulled by a magnet... so no delay as both lights were on all the time) the reflectors there didn't reflect properly and resulted in scatterd light. that could very easily blind someone...

On my 600RR... the beam is exactly the same as stock. I had pictures but lost them... but I compared them... the only difference was brightness and color... the cut off happened at the same height and was just as crisp.

but a very valid point... you'll have to be very carefull about how you aim your lights after you convert.(if you convert)