Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   More truth learned as drug war propaganda fades... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15690)

More truth learned as drug war propaganda fades...

The tone of this article is still pretty anti-pot, but if you read between the lines, you'll see it.

Scientists seem to finally be on the road to figuring out that cannabis doesn't cause Schizophrenia, but that sufferers may be, in fact, just self-medicating, and some even now expect that cannabis-based drugs may one day help treat sufferers...

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...005559,00.html

Legalize it!

Kaneman 07-21-2010 08:14 PM

I had to quit at the first sentence where they claim Marijuana can cause hallucinations. They may be getting more non-biased...but the articles still reek of horse shit.

Well, at least the language of propaganda is easy to spot anymore, and I agree, the bias is still looming large, but if you read carefully between the lines (because the researchers themselves know the rules of the game are stacked against the truth, and are carefully to speak accordingly), you can see that the truth is actually trying to rise to the surface.

Trip 07-21-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 395169)
Legalize it!

California is on the way to doing that. It will be interesting how the NRC will respond in California if it becomes legal for recreation use.

Kaneman 07-21-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 395171)
Well, at least the language of propaganda is easy to spot anymore, and I agree, the bias is still looming large, but if you read carefully between the lines (because the researchers themselves know the rules of the game are stacked against the truth, and are carefully to speak accordingly), you can see that the truth is actually trying to rise to the surface.

Yea, I get all that. But when people who don't know any better read something like "hallucination" in text that makes it seem common, like everytime you smoke pot you hallucinate, then its potency is going to continue to be dramatically overrated and lives will continue to be destroyed due to it's prohibition.

Thousands of times I've partaken, not once have I ever hallucinated. Complete BS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 395172)
California is on the way to doing that. It will be interesting how the NRC will respond in California if it becomes legal for recreation use.

Which NRC? The Nuclear guys?

I'd still be absolutely shocked if CA voted it legal. I have a feeling the silent majority will come out and vote this down. I did see a story today about Oakland approving their first large-scale marijuana farm. There were protests, but not from concerned citizens....the protests came from small time medical growers. :lol:

Trip 07-21-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 395175)
Which NRC? The Nuclear guys?

I'd still be absolutely shocked if CA voted it legal. I have a feeling the silent majority will come out and vote this down. I did see a story today about Oakland approving their first large-scale marijuana farm. There were protests, but not from concerned citizens....the protests came from small time medical growers. :lol:

Yeah, the nuke guys. We have very strict drug testing compared to normal employment, if it is legal what will they do? Do you want reactor operators high on the job? There is no good way to test like alcohol. Just to see if it is in your system.

Homeslice 07-21-2010 08:34 PM

I don't see why they couldn't continue drug testing. Think about other federal employers, like the military. I doubt they would change what they do just because of what California does.

Trip 07-21-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 395178)
The NRC is still free to require drug testing, just like they are free to conduct alcohol testing even though alcohol is legal.

Will you not be allowed to use it though? Will you have to be drug free to work in the industry even though it is legal?

I might be moving to Montana [California] soon, just a raise me up a crop of some dental floss [skunk].

Homeslice 07-21-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 395179)
Will you not be allowed to use it though? Will you have to be drug free to work in the industry even though it is legal?

Seems like they could establish standards saying that it's OK as long as you didn't use it X number of hours before coming to work (backed up by blood tests for those who are suspected of violating that).