Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   legal question about riding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16478)

derf 09-21-2010 06:15 PM

legal question about riding

Ok so here is the HYPOTHETICAL situation, I was going down one road at 45 mph, and made a right turn onto the other road at 45mph, is that actually illegal since I never broke the speed limit on either road?

Dave 09-21-2010 06:30 PM

that depends entirely on what the cop says :lol:

Particle Man 09-21-2010 06:37 PM

at a right angle? :eek:

derf 09-21-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 410801)
at a right angle? :eek:

its really 4 lanes because of the shoulders, freshly paved, an ex thourofare that was closed off on one end, a soon to be built industrial complex without buildings and except for a cop and a few motorcycles there was nobody on it all day, no trees around and you can see the whole area if there is any traffic. Was almost a closed course track.

The cop just happened to be driving by on a parallel street and pulled in with his lights blaring asked everyone for their papers and after yelling at us for speeding around a corner let us go.

Trip 09-21-2010 08:08 PM

if you are dragging knee or just hanging off like a mad man, they can go after you for reckless riding. you can fight it in court, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do in public besides making sure you get witnesses.

derf 09-21-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 410839)
if you are dragging knee or just hanging off like a mad man, they can go after you for reckless riding. you can fight it in court, but unfortunately there is nothing you can do in public besides making sure you get witnesses.

My knee never touched the ground.

The cop let us all go, so no harm no foul, but he did say that he could have ticketed us specifically for speeding, which since nobody broke the speed limit doesnt really seem to make sense to me.

Trip 09-21-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 410842)
My knee never touched the ground.

The cop let us all go, so no harm no foul, but he did say that he could have ticketed us specifically for speeding, which since nobody broke the speed limit doesnt really seem to make sense to me.

He was just being a douche and trying to scare yall into knocking it off. Surprised he didn't go after yall for loitering or some shit being in an abandoned area.

101lifts2 09-21-2010 09:15 PM

45mph around a 90degree turn huh...sure you didn't "back it in"? lol

derf 09-21-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 410870)
45mph around a 90degree turn huh...sure you didn't "back it in"? lol

just once when I rode over the yellow line and the back wheel slid a bit, gave me a pucker moment. I wish I could show you how wide the road was, looks liek it was designed to give trucks plenty of wiggle room to turn without hitting any curbs

Dave 09-21-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 410877)
just once when I rode over the yellow line and the back wheel slid a bit, gave me a pucker moment. I wish I could show you how wide the road was, looks liek it was designed to give trucks plenty of wiggle room to turn without hitting any curbs

hate it when that happens. was this the blade or the kwak?