Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Came upon a motorcycle crash (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2181)

No Worries 08-10-2008 01:19 AM

Came upon a motorcycle crash

I was on top of Lookout Mountain when I saw three sport bikes on the side of the road. There were broken pieces of blue plastic on the road, the same color as one of the bikes. I pulled over and asked if they were OK. The guy who low sided showed me his ripped jeans. The road had a gentle curve and was relatively flat. "How did it happen" I asked.

"I was riding on the side of my bike when it went over" he said. "Do you have any cable ties?"

I looked through my tank bag and all I had were fuses. Then I looked at the damage to his bike. The left side was all scraped, the shift lever bent, and the clutch lever mount was broken just before the pivot. He wanted the tie for his clutch. "Cable tie won't work, you need a hose clamp" I said. A hose clamp could secure the mount to the bar so he could use the clutch lever to get home. Unfortunately there are no stores nearby.

The other two riders wore helmets and jackets, and the crasher said he was going to wear a helmet after this. I offered to ride over to the Lookout and ask some gagers if they had a hose clamp, but they wanted to leave.

I watched one hold the broken clutch bracket to the handlebar, while the rider pulled it in to start the bike. Then he tried to rev it and shift down to first while the broken lever just hung there. The bike stalled. I watched them do this several times and then I left. When I got home, I put two hose clamps and a bunch of cable ties into my tank bag.

dReWpY 08-10-2008 01:34 AM

atleast everyone is ok, lucky he didnt hit his head

t-homo 08-10-2008 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 62510)
atleast everyone is ok, lucky he didnt hit his head

no joke. I would never ride without a helmet even if it wasn't required here.

Smittie61984 08-10-2008 09:31 AM

I wonder if his helmet will end up being a Chrome Dome with a spike?

I haven't come up on any wrecks other than seeing some people on the side of the road at the Gap and the Loop from some lowsides. Luckily on those roads you don't reach super high speeds in the turns.

I have been around some people who I felt where going to wreck or be a danger and have gone around them to get ahead of them to find out later they did wreck.

LaFemmes 08-11-2008 07:19 AM

His lucky day for sure!:whistle:

DLIT 08-11-2008 06:50 PM

And then you beat them down lookout mountain?

Phenix_Rider 08-11-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 62508)
The road had a gentle curve and was relatively flat.

"I was riding on the side of my bike when it went over"

Say what? :idk:

Gunther1000 08-12-2008 10:58 AM

Must have been a side sketching stunter! With no helmet! He has Balls the size of Grapefruits! And a brain the size of a walnut...

z06boy 08-12-2008 12:08 PM

The wife and I are heading to VIR to watch the AMA Superbike races this weekend...guess what I'm adding to the bag...

...cable ties and hose clamps. :idk: :dthumb: