Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   veteran's day (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3312)

Dave 11-11-2008 06:54 AM

veteran's day

is today so dont forget to wear your shit! :pat:

Particle Man 11-11-2008 07:02 AM

A huge thank you to all who have served and to all that continue to serve.

Rider 11-11-2008 08:12 AM

Yay to myself....... veterans day and a dollar wont get me a soda at Wallmart...

I appreciate the fact that they take a day to remember the veterans but honesty it's just a day for the federal government, banks, and the post office to take a day off.

If they really want to appreciate veterans, why don't they give us the day off while everyone else works? :idk: Silly government.

Papa_Complex 11-11-2008 08:28 AM

It's Remembrance Day for us up here also. A little taste of the Canadian version:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.

by John McCrae, who died himself not long after writing it during WWI

azoomm 11-11-2008 09:10 AM

:pat:

ericr 11-11-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 93024)
why don't they give us the day off while everyone else works? :idk: Silly government.

I agree, I could use a day off too! Thanks for your service also man :dthumb:

Sixxxxer 11-11-2008 09:21 AM

BIG THANKS TO those who have or are serving.

You kinda wish it was possible for the world to stop on a day like today...Kinda Hard for the Military to take a day off...But Nontheless

Team America FUCK YEAH!!!

KSGregman 11-11-2008 09:50 AM

We were at DFW in Dallas, TX over the summer...headed for Cancun...thinking only of ourselves....our upcoming "vacation"....it was early in the morning...maybe 8'ish? A little old lady was walking through the terminal handing out little US flags and asking people to join her in the concourse area at the far end of the terminal....2 747's full of troops returning home from Iraq were about to debark....we'd be the first glimpse of "home" that they had seen for over a year....we all walked down there and clapped and cheer for probably 45 minutes as hundreds of service people walked through the concourse. It made my hair stand on end...my daughter cried...my wife cried.

We talked alot on the flight down to Cancun....about our "liberty" to come and go as we choose....to live in peace....and the steep price that the "few" are willing to pay on behalf of the "many."

To those who are serving, or who have served, THANK YOU. :pat:

RACER X 11-11-2008 10:30 AM

Thanks to those that have served and ar currently surving.

Our co just held our annual Flag retiring and raising ceremony.

Found out , that a law was inacted allowing former members of the military to salute vs hand over heart when flag is passing and so on. CONGRATS!

HurricaneHeather 11-11-2008 10:34 AM

Here's to all the folks who have done what most of us are not willing to do. We owe you more than one day a year. :pat:

Well since my client is a government agency, they are off today but we aren't. So there is a lot of sitting around doing nothing going on....